Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 12:30 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,481 Likes on 826 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Lucifer
It happened almost a month ago, I considered keeping it for this entire time before listing it, and it is possible that if I won't find a buyer during this time I will be tempted to register, title and keep it after all. It is really hard to put into words how disappointing it is to put so much work into something and have it robbed from you because of someone's else mistake.
Lucifer,

I'm pretty sure I have watched your much earlier YouTube videos when you got your GT4.
That ^^^ being the case I enjoyed your coverage of having that GT4.
So, PM me I'm curious what did happen to this current Porsche that has you Totally-Pissed-Off ???

Terry
Old 09-25-2023, 01:04 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 224 Posts

It happened almost a month ago, I considered keeping it for this entire time before listing it, and it is possible that if I won't find a buyer during this time I will be tempted to register, title and keep it after all. It is really hard to put into words how disappointing it is to put so much work into something and have it robbed from you because of someone's else mistake.
ugh. It feels like this deserves its own thread. I’m hoping/assuming that you got your VAT refunded. I asked about what would happen if the car was totaled in Germany and didn’t get a solid answer.
The following users liked this post:
TheBucketOfTruth (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 01:11 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,425 Likes on 2,223 Posts

I can somewhat relate. I waited a good part of my working life to get a Porsche and then the following happened:
  • engine stop sale - I waited 20 weeks for an engine
  • dealer damaged car unloading, needed a new rear spoiler and bumper touch up
  • car sat outside for 20 weeks, and I asked dealer to clean and buy a cover, they finally agreed and then the SA texted me to tell me that cover came out of his commission, and by the time the cover came the engine arrived
  • car still had packaging on it in the showroom when I went to pick it up, they had to clean it again on the spot, remainder of showroom experience was not very enjoyable
So I picked up a car with minor damage a replaced engine, and suffered through 20 weeks of poor service from this dealer. That part was gross, and I'll never forget it, but the car itself was sensational and I will never forget the feeling of driving it off the lot (pride, accomplishment, joy!). So not all stories are fairly tales, to sell the car because of a fender bender on European delivery (which won't even hurt your US value) seems odd to me. The car itself is what should matter most, at least that's how I think of it after my experiences.
The following 4 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Bearrun21 (09-26-2023), fxmixer (09-25-2023), SpeedySpidey (09-25-2023), tigerhonaker (09-27-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 01:38 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
What color did they paint it instead what I assume is the Viola Metallic you wanted? What CXX stuff did you have done?
they painted it azzuro thetys. The keys and spyder logos on the wings were metallic viola. Fortunately at the time painted they declined CXX on the 718 letters on the gearstick boot plaque and the dash needles which I was asking for - the paint wasn’t yet certified for inside use in the spyder, apparently

that alone was over 4000$ of additional cost
Old 09-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts
Default 718 PTS Spyder For Sale (Oslo Blue)...

I can't understand why my 718 PTS Spyder has not sold. It is an EPIC build and in PERFECT condition. ???

https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en-CA/...ealership=1606

Old 09-25-2023, 01:56 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Lucifer,

I'm pretty sure I have watched your much earlier YouTube videos when you got your GT4.
That ^^^ being the case I enjoyed your coverage of having that GT4.
So, PM me I'm curious what did happen to this current Porsche that has you Totally-Pissed-Off ???

Terry
Probably confusing with someone else as this is my very first Porsche
Old 09-25-2023, 02:00 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I can somewhat relate. I waited a good part of my working life to get a Porsche and then the following happened:
  • engine stop sale - I waited 20 weeks for an engine
  • dealer damaged car unloading, needed a new rear spoiler and bumper touch up
  • car sat outside for 20 weeks, and I asked dealer to clean and buy a cover, they finally agreed and then the SA texted me to tell me that cover came out of his commission, and by the time the cover came the engine arrived
  • car still had packaging on it in the showroom when I went to pick it up, they had to clean it again on the spot, remainder of showroom experience was not very enjoyable
So I picked up a car with minor damage a replaced engine, and suffered through 20 weeks of poor service from this dealer. That part was gross, and I'll never forget it, but the car itself was sensational and I will never forget the feeling of driving it off the lot (pride, accomplishment, joy!). So not all stories are fairly tales, to sell the car because of a fender bender on European delivery (which won't even hurt your US value) seems odd to me. The car itself is what should matter most, at least that's how I think of it after my experiences.
That honestly sounds even worse than what I had to go through.
Old 09-25-2023, 02:09 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
ugh. It feels like this deserves its own thread. I’m hoping/assuming that you got your VAT refunded. I asked about what would happen if the car was totaled in Germany and didn’t get a solid answer.
I don't want to shame the ED department at PCNA as Joey treated me amazingly for like an entire year, and I know I am really annoying customer.
They just never been in this situation before. They tried reaching out to Porsche's insurance which literally told them we are SOL because I am not the one caused the accident.
I basically had to learn all the different German laws of car accidents, damage reports, depreciation, etc. in German - while staying at a hotel in the middle of nowhere.

Anyways, I am spamming this thread, if someone is interested in a brand new Spyder\GT Silver\Manual\Classic interior and is willing to wait around 6 weeks - PM me
Old 09-25-2023, 02:15 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

That honestly sounds even worse than what I had to go through.
I didn't want to say that LOL, just a different form of lousy. IMO it would be a shame to sell the car that you spec'd and waited for, but I get it. Good luck with the decision, maybe when it hits stateside all fixed and new, you can re-do your delivery experience.
Old 09-25-2023, 02:17 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
I can't understand why my 718 PTS Spyder has not sold. It is an EPIC build and in PERFECT condition. ???
No CPO.
Old 09-25-2023, 02:33 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
No CPO.
That's wierd. But it still is under warranty so maybe not needed?
Old 09-25-2023, 02:42 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

The color looks like Miami blue on the dealer pics. I thought Oslo was much darker?
Old 09-25-2023, 03:58 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
The color looks like Miami blue on the dealer pics. I thought Oslo was much darker?
Oslo is kind of like a darker Miami. Maybe you are thinking of Albert Blue? I've gotten the two confused myself so that's why I say that.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:39 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 75 Posts

If it wasn't in Canada I probably would have made an offer on it already.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:03 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,822 Likes on 885 Posts

If that is in CAD, that is a great price!

Must be the black washer nozzles.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale