Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021 | 04:23 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
When you put an order with deposit you should be at V070 status. Your receipt should have a commission number on.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I have none of that. I'll attach what I've got.

Old 07-31-2021 | 04:25 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
You do know that spending $113,000 is not a qualifier here…everyone in the hunt is near/at/above that mark.

SAs have people calling everyday. Where I live the list is multiples longer than what can ever be delivered.

Some are tire kickers, dreamers or on multiple lists. Then there are very active serious clients at the dealership working the SA and GM.

Putting a deposit down and going radio silent expecting someone to call you in this environment is “a” technique…best? Likely not.

Stop in occasionally, put a face to a name. Does your SA drink bourbon? Put some effort in it….
You're right. I acknowledge my laziness. Just going by my first Porsche purchase which was waaaay different. They sent ME bourbon.
Old 07-31-2021 | 05:06 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by Delta-j
Yeah I'm pretty sure I have none of that. I'll attach what I've got.
I think they just didn’t process the demand order yet or just forgot to give you the sheet. No need to worry yet. Porsche Centre Langley are good to deal with. I
spoke with them
too when I was waiting for my allocation. Email or text your SA and ask for the paperwork
with the commission number on. I’m on a texting basis with my SA and and works very well.

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 07-31-2021 at 05:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Delta-j (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 05:13 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think they just didn’t process the demand order yet or just forgot to give you the sheet. No need to worry yet. Porsche Centre Langley are good to deal with. I
spoke with them
too when I was waiting for my allocation. Email or text your SA and ask for the paperwork
with the commission number on.
Not all dealers do demand orders or if they do it’s for the next guy in line.

Demand orders don’t usually get dealers more allocations for these cars or jump a customer in line in front of others.

If it was that easy I’d be down at my dealership putting in a demand order on a GT3.
P-car-Vancouver (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 05:20 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Not all dealers do demand orders or if they do it’s for the next guy in line.

Demand orders don’t usually get dealers more allocations for these cars or jump a customer in line in front of others.

If it was that easy I’d be down at my dealership putting in a demand order on a GT3.
True about the GT3 for sure!
Old 07-31-2021 | 05:56 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

spoke with them
with the commission number on. I’m on a texting basis with my SA and and works very well.
Ask and ye shall receive! Looks like I've got a commission number etc. The printout indicates "allocation month 09 2021" which I assume is a guess, but my mouth watered just a little.

Alpha Ice (08-02-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 06:57 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Ask and ye shall receive! Looks like I've got a commission number etc. The printout indicates "allocation month 09 2021" which I assume is a guess, but my mouth watered just a little.
That's a good step... they created a demand order for you and that comes with a commission number. And hopefully they are right on that allocation month thing, but that's the first I've heard of them predicting an allocation month in writing like that. For me it took just shy of four months to go from V070 Demand Order to V200 with estimated build dates, and that was with my SA saying that it was probably just a few more weeks for about 4 months.
Nonetheless, I certainly understand the excitement!!!

Last edited by StormRune; 07-31-2021 at 06:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by StormRune:
Delta-j (07-31-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 07:03 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

For those of us on here that had our cars go into the production in the last couple of weeks with original build-completion dates before 7/30, but then saw completion dates slide out to 9/10 or so:

My SA was kind enough to check today to see if anything improved there before the factory shutdown at end of day yesterday... but it did not. My completion date is still estimated as 9/10. (It had entered production on 7/21 but then something happened).
Old 07-31-2021 | 07:12 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Great stuff!! Congratulations. 1st step done. You are now V070

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 07-31-2021 at 07:14 PM.
Delta-j (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 07:17 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Oh, that’s great @Delta-j, you’re on your way. When they did that for me the allocation month was accurate, and hopefully it will be for you too.
The following 3 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Delta-j (07-31-2021), dichael (08-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 07:59 PM
SwanSong
Instructor

Originally Posted by StormRune
For those of us on here that had our cars go into the production in the last couple of weeks with original build-completion dates before 7/30, but then saw completion dates slide out to 9/10 or so:

My SA was kind enough to check today to see if anything improved there before the factory shutdown at end of day yesterday... but it did not. My completion date is still estimated as 9/10. (It had entered production on 7/21 but then something happened).
I’m unfortunately in this boat now too. Went into production on 7/22, coming out on 9/10 now instead of 7/30. Bummer. Is this the October EPA certification issue I’ve been reading about? I get the feeling Porsche put a stop to the early ‘22 builds. I know the factory shuts down for August, so I guess it’s better to have the car sitting with Porsche in production for a month than sitting outside at port in San Diego for a month before being released for delivery post certification. Initially had a ‘21 CGTS 4.0 build, but was converted to one of the first ‘22s back in May. Likely won’t see the car until November now, but still extremely grateful I have an allocation at all, and without any dealer markup.

Last edited by SwanSong; 07-31-2021 at 08:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SwanSong:
Boxtop (07-31-2021), Dan Nagy (08-03-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 08:49 PM
ddodds
Racer

Just my thoughts as I wait, frustrated....
I put a $2000 deposit down to get on the list for a CGTS4 in April 2021 and was told I would get an allocation in the summer. I saw here where others got an allocation in July, so I had my hopes up. So far all I've got is a receipt for my deposit. I've heard nothing since April, which is a little disappointing. I figured when I'm fixing to spend $113,000 on a car, they'd be more, you know, talky. Maybe I'm chump change compared to other Porschees.

Meanwhile, what to do with my Macan S is still a question mark! I bought it at a different dealer (Kelowna - out of town). I obviously don't have much bargaining power for its trade value, given the waiting list, but I'd love to lower the exorbitant taxes on the new car purchase (if it ever happens!).
Have you used the Porsche configurator to create a build and have you sent that build code to the dealer of your choice? This is how a demand order is created. Don't sit back and wait for them to call. Best of luck to you!
Delta-j (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021 | 08:24 AM
Porsche2014
Instructor

Sat down with my sales associate yesterday at the dealership (Ontario). Executive summary is that MY2022 cars in Canada are also affected by the US EPA certification delays. An annual event. Canada piggy-backs off the US EPA since our Department of Transportation doesn't have its own ability to do so.

So that was the bad news. The good news is that even though my car's "on sale" date is 10 September, he says that his experience is that this is almost always the worst case. It came off the Ro-Ro 12 days ago. Meanwhile, it will be PDI'd at Halifax Autoport and be sipping Moosehead beer until it gets put on a truck sometime this month.

P.S. For those who want "proof" of the chip shortage, he showed me a hockey-sock fully of cars (Canada, eh!) sitting on the lot unsellable until the TPMS is installed, and a few with manual steering columns that are sellable but will have to be returned for retrofit of the motors, etc. when the memory-function chips finally arrive.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porsche2014:
Delta-j (08-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021 | 11:31 AM
slilley
Rennlist Member

Got word yesterday that my 2022 CGTS is on the Felicity Ace (link to ship tracker here), with an estimated arrival of August 10th at the Port of Baltimore. Right now the ship is south of the UK in the English Channel.

I'll be totally bummed if the car will be stuck at port until October waiting for EPA or CARB to certify the MY2022 cars, and/or waiting for TPMS sensors, but super excited to see/drive the car whenever it finally arrives here in PA.

I've asked my SA (twice) to take a picture of the build status so I can see what date Porsche thinks they'll be delivering the car, but so far he hasn't provided it - maybe because he thinks I'll go postal if it shows an October delivery date (I won't...obviously nothing they can do about it.)

I officially started the waiting process on Halloween last year (10/31/20) when I did a courtesy trade of my 2011 911 C2S to a doctor who flew out to pick up the car, and then drove it 1,000 miles home to Wisconsin. I never imagined the ordering process would take a full year! Had I known, I would have delayed the sale of my NC Miata for at least a year....because that car was cheap fun, and it was also my track car for DEs. But I'm partially to blame for the long wait: at one point back in March/April, the dealer asked if I wanted to wait a "couple extra weeks" for a MY2022 build instead of of a late-MY2021, and I foolishly said yes. So someone else probably got that build slot for the last of the MY2021 cars.
The following 3 users liked this post by slilley:
Dan Nagy (08-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-01-2021), Porsche2014 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-01-2021 | 01:06 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ddodds
Have you used the Porsche configurator to create a build and have you sent that build code to the dealer of your choice? This is how a demand order is created. Don't sit back and wait for them to call. Best of luck to you!
Yes I did create a build and sent it. You might have missed this post a few back where I did finally ask for and received my V070 with its confirmation number. Not sitting back and waiting got me that glorious document. So good advice.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17581055
The following 2 users liked this post by Delta-j:
243R (08-02-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-01-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...