Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 11:27 AM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 372 Posts

I think I found the hanger bracket that was snapped off during installation of the Kline. I can't quite read the part number because I don't have a lift but it seems like this one which I can order from Perimeter Porsche. Could someone please confirm? I would really appreciate it. Part number 982 251519

Old 06-29-2024, 01:04 PM
LooseNut
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

@subwoofer That is the correct exhaust hanger.

The following users liked this post:
subwoofer (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 01:29 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LooseNut
@subwoofer That is the correct exhaust hanger.

Thanks. Suncoast didn't have it but Perimeter Porsche has it listed so I ordered it from them. 3-5 days shipping rather than waiting 3 weeks from Germany.
Old 06-29-2024, 05:42 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Kind of a rainy and gloomy day in NH so I only got to drive with the new Kline exhaust for about an hour and could not get the engine speeds above 6k rpm. I can see now why you guys like this exhaust. Valves always open, it is by no means quiet but it is appropriately-loud for a sports car without being overly dramatic or obnoxious. It is a very enjoyable sound for this laid back driver who drives his car primarily for entertainment. I wouldn't try to muzzle this level of sound for now anyway.

I found the two video reviews of this exhaust by Kit Wetzler to be very informative and his nuanced observations are spot on in my judgement. There is a small amount of resonance notieceable with the top up but it pales in comparison to what I experienced with my previous noisemaker (which didn't have resonated OAPs). I can see the need for a valve controller if I used my car not for entertainment but for daily use or long trips. I can also see why an intermediate solution of using collars to partly close the valves and attenuate the sound may be appealing as well to some.

One thing I noticed today that I haven't seen anyone mention is the small increase in vibration with this exhaust particularly when off throttle. In addition to the pleasing hum, I felt a mild vibration in the steering wheel, the pedals and even a little bit in my seat. Not sure if it is due to the one missing exhaust hanger that was snapped off during installation or just a feature of the exhaust ? A minor annoyance.
BoxKing (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 08:41 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 864 Likes on 458 Posts

I haven't noticed any increased vibration.
Do you have a lift? Are you able to make sure the exhaust isnt making contact anywhere? Its a tight fit.
Old 06-29-2024, 08:46 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrFunk
I haven't noticed any increased vibration.
Do you have a lift? Are you able to make sure the exhaust isnt making contact anywhere? Its a tight fit.
I had it installed at a shop. They are usually very good. They did my BC Fabs as well. No vibration with that.
I don't have a lift. The tech did break one of the hanger brackets by overtightening for which they apologized profusely and I ordered a replacement. Vibration is easily discernible but minor. Damn! I will have it checked out once I have the hanger bracket. Could be because of that.

Last edited by subwoofer; 06-29-2024 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:25 PM
Cam07
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but this is largely on topic. Does anyone see the need for these aftermarket underbody panels sold to help fill the space that the OEM muffler leaves when moving to an aftermarket set up such as Kline or JCR?

The one shown here is by Verus Engineering. I think I’ve seen a different company offer something similar.

Last edited by Cam07; 06-29-2024 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:52 PM
Josh_357
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam07
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but this is largely on topic. Does anyone see the need for these aftermarket underbody panels sold to help fill the space that the OEM muffler leaves when moving to an aftermarket set up such as Kline or JCR?

The one shown here is by Verus Engineering. I think I’ve seen a different company offer something similar.
I feel I can notice a difference on track, in general stability in high-speed corners. The run the Blue Spot Autowerks panels. Necessary no, but nice to have.
Cam07 (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 11:59 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

I've been wondering the same since my car slightly oversteers even with 265/305, but I wonder if it's because my camber is - 2.75/-2, instead of the usual -.5 differential from front to rear that I see on this forum.

Old 06-30-2024, 12:02 AM
TRSCobra
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm waiting til they are on the market for a bit to see if anyone is having issues related to heat and worn out axles, etc.
Old 06-30-2024, 12:21 AM
BlueSpotAutowrks
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
I'm waiting til they are on the market for a bit to see if anyone is having issues related to heat and worn out axles, etc.
Our diffusers have only been on the market for 6 months, but we intentionally minimized the coverage to slightly more than the factory muffler to ensure heat extraction.

https://bluespotauto.com/products/718-exhaust-diffuser

The following 3 users liked this post by BlueSpotAutowrks:
BoxKing (06-30-2024), TRSCobra (06-30-2024), UncleDude (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 03:06 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,487 Likes on 828 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by subwoofer
I just got my car back with the Kline exhaust installed, Valves open, vacuum lines plugged. There was a slight mishap with installation. One of the bolts to the two hangers was overtightened and it snapped off (see right side of the muffler in the picture below). . I was assured that it doesn't really support the weight of the muffler and I should be fine. The shop is ordering a new hanger and bolt but it is 2 weeks from Germany. I will try calling Suncoast or Pelican (and so will the shop) to see if we can get one more quickly. What is the function of this hanger? Is it to quell vibration as I was told and doesn't have a support function? Appreciate your advice and input.

I only had a short 10 mile drive back home, mostly highway. The exhaust is very nice and can't comment much beyond that. It is a little quieter than the BC Fabs muffler with PSE off. Yeah the BC Fabs is that loud. And, there is no resonance or drone. No bassiness when accelrating at low rpms. Very pleased with that. I have to drive it a lot more to form a more informed opinion. I was also very pleasantly surprised when the shop told me that the exhaust kit was complete even with gaskets. Very good quality and documentation.

Congratulations on your newly installed Kline exhaust system.
And that with the few miles you have driven with it so far you like it.

Terry
subwoofer (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 07:49 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Congratulations on your newly installed Kline exhaust system.
And that with the few miles you have driven with it so far you like it.

Terry
Thanks Terry. You are a kind and considerate gentleman. I have a small issue with vibration after the Kline installation due to to a small mishap with one of the hanger brackets. I hope to rectify it soon. Part ordered.

The exhaust is no doubt well crafted and sounds extremely good but I was surpised by the markup by the retailer. The Kline folks, perhaps inadvertently, left the invoice with their prices with the shipping invoices. LOL! Good old capitalism. Where will we be without it?

Kline needs to figure out direct to consumer marketing like Ben Clowes. My wife is a professor of Marketing at Dartmouth and she would laugh if I ever showed her these invoices. She already thinks that I have drunk the Porsche Kool-Aid which I think is a distinct possibility.

Last edited by subwoofer; 06-30-2024 at 09:01 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by subwoofer:
LooseNut (06-30-2024), Mike981S (06-30-2024), tigerhonaker (07-01-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 11:15 PM
rescueswimmer
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by subwoofer
Thanks Terry. You are a kind and considerate gentleman. I have a small issue with vibration after the Kline installation due to to a small mishap with one of the hanger brackets. I hope to rectify it soon. Part ordered.

The exhaust is no doubt well crafted and sounds extremely good but I was surpised by the markup by the retailer. The Kline folks, perhaps inadvertently, left the invoice with their prices with the shipping invoices. LOL! Good old capitalism. Where will we be without it?

Kline needs to figure out direct to consumer marketing like Ben Clowes. My wife is a professor of Marketing at Dartmouth and she would laugh if I ever showed her these invoices. She already thinks that I have drunk the Porsche Kool-Aid which I think is a distinct possibility.
I wonder if that is what they claim to customs, or if that is the actual cost because its super capitalism..... The exhaust is amazing though. If your on the fence don't be. The wife approves of how awesome it sounds as well.
Old 07-01-2024, 12:05 AM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by rescueswimmer
I wonder if that is what they claim to customs, or if that is the actual cost because its super capitalism..... The exhaust is amazing though. If your on the fence don't be. The wife approves of how awesome it sounds as well.
Both customs and shipping costs are significant.

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust