Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 12:31 PM
Agcsr25
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Interestingly you do not have to Frankenstein BCFABS but you could if you want. You have basically 4 options...BCFABS rear box with oem oap, BCFABS rear box with BCFABS nonsilenced oap, BCFABS rear box with BCFABS silenced oap and lastly BCFABS full system. You don't need valve controller or collars with BCFABS since there is always a flow path completely valveless (not through xpipe). This is a Kline thread so I will cease commenting on BCFABS here. I am enjoying watching/ hearing all the Kline videos. Keep them coming.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:35 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Agcsr25
Interestingly you do not have to Frankenstein BCFABS but you could if you want. You have basically 4 options...BCFABS rear box with oem oap, BCFABS rear box with BCFABS nonsilenced oap, BCFABS rear box with BCFABS silenced oap and lastly BCFABS full system. You don't need valve controller or collars with BCFABS since there is always a flow path completely valveless (not through xpipe). This is a Kline thread so I will cease commenting on BCFABS here. I am enjoying watching/ hearing all the Kline videos. Keep them coming.
Price was also a consideration for me. The BC Fabs muffler alone in stainless steel is 4.3k. What I paid for it and a decent value.
Once you add the heat-shielded & resonated OAPs for 3.6k, it is 8k.

The Kline muffler with heat-shielded & resonated OAPs is 5.6k. Substantially cheaper let alone the sound characteristics. Can’t comment on quality of each exhaust in comparative terms.

If I knew or had been told by the Manufacturer that I had to add the resonated OAPS to the muffler, I would’ve been able to make a more informed decision. So now I have already spent 10k ( not counting installation of 1.2k)on two different exhausts because I didn’t know better. Live and learn. LOL!

Last edited by subwoofer; 06-20-2024 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:19 AM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Akrapovic vs Kline. The OP could very well be describing my BC Fabs mufler when detailing the sound characteristics of the Akrapovic mufler.
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...with-akra.html
Old 06-21-2024, 09:34 AM
seefouress
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Gents, I have a Spyder RS on the way and, like many I suppose, am trying to figure out what to do with the exhaust. I have a silenced titanium JCR back box on my 718 Spyder (with a Soul valve controller) and love that sound. The other exhaust components are OEM. Based on reviews from you guys, I’m strongly considering Kline for the RS. I’m wondering though whether any of you are planning to (or have experience with) just installing the Kline back box without replacing the OAPs? I don’t track my cars and don’t need any added HP. I also want to keep the volume down without sacrificing the high pitched tones. One of the above posts claims that no one is running the Kline “back box only” config and if that’s true it would be helpful to know why.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:49 AM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by seefouress
Gents, I have a Spyder RS on the way and, like many I suppose, am trying to figure out what to do with the exhaust. I have a silenced titanium JCR back box on my 718 Spyder (with a Soul valve controller) and love that sound. The other exhaust components are OEM. Based on reviews from you guys, I’m strongly considering Kline for the RS. I’m wondering though whether any of you are planning to (or have experience with) just installing the Kline back box without replacing the OAPs? I don’t track my cars and don’t need any added HP. I also want to keep the volume down without sacrificing the high pitched tones. One of the above posts claims that no one is running the Kline “back box only” config and if that’s true it would be helpful to know why.
Kline is not compatible with OEM and other OAPs. I think they flip the direction of the exhaust flow compared to stock routing.
The following users liked this post:
LooseNut (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 09:55 AM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by subwoofer
That’s interesting. So the tamest setting (what I am using with my BC Fabs) is to leave everything connected and run the exhaust with PSE off. Next is your modification with partially open valves and PSE off (or everything connected and PSE on?) Some people have disconnected the vacuum lines altogether and are using the exhaust with valves open all the time with the possibility to add more intake sound with the PSE switch. I am not an aggressive driver so will try the tamest setting first. Even that is too much for me right now with the BC Fabs because it has no silencer. It is loud.
My car has the valves 100% open with the PSE setting is on due my APR tune. If you ever want to hear it, let me know.

With that said, the dashboard in my car is currently removed due to an A/C dual zone blender door actuator or motor issue. Just awaiting installation of the new part. Trying not to think of the car disassembled. 😳
Old 06-21-2024, 11:22 AM
Ed9R
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by Ed9R; 06-21-2024 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:15 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 471 Posts

I'd look into what everyone is running on the 718 4.0 RS models... its a different engine, new exhaust layout. What has been a gem for the GT4/Spyder 4.0, may not transfer over to the RS's. Though if I had to guess, Kline would be a safe bet to go with.
The following users liked this post:
seefouress (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 05:21 PM
seefouress
Instructor

Originally Posted by mc3456
Kline is not compatible with OEM and other OAPs. I think they flip the direction of the exhaust flow compared to stock routing.
Thanks, I had not picked that up from my research.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:45 PM
seefouress
Instructor

Originally Posted by mc3456
Actually, I checked with Eric at Supreme Power and learned that while the above is true for the GT4, for both 718 RS versions the Kline back box can be used with the OEM OAP’s. I’m thinking about trying that setup, at least as a first step.
The following 3 users liked this post by seefouress:
BoxKing (06-22-2024), coldfire (06-22-2024), SupremePower (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 12:13 AM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 513 Likes on 230 Posts

Actually, I checked with Eric at Supreme Power and learned that while the above is true for the GT4, for both 718 RS versions the Kline back box can be used with the OEM OAP’s. I’m thinking about trying that setup, at least as a first step.
good info!!
Old 06-22-2024, 06:14 AM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 471 Posts

Just MHO, if Kline makes an OAP setup or the RS, I’d make sure to get it. Regardless of being able to pair any OAP brand, or just using OEM.
Which ever combo you do.. please make sure you throw us all a bone with some sound bites !!
The following 2 users liked this post by BoxKing:
seefouress (06-22-2024), SupremePower (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 10:21 AM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

For the Kline, do I have to use OEM muffler bracket or no? I removed it from the OEM muffler because I recall reading somewhere that it needs to be installed on the Kline.
Thanks.

Old 06-22-2024, 10:41 AM
TRSCobra
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by subwoofer
For the Kline, do I have to use OEM muffler bracket or no? I removed it from the OEM muffler because I recall reading somewhere that it needs to be installed on the Kline.
Thanks.
Yes you need to reuse that with the Kline.
The following 2 users liked this post by TRSCobra:
LooseNut (06-22-2024), subwoofer (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 12:16 PM
lovetoturn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,099 Likes on 537 Posts

The Kline sounds amazing on the 4RS. The first track day at a PCA event everyone noticed and said it was the best sounding car there. Short clip here, with overlapping sounds, but you can hear the shift to 2nd, the 6-9k rev and then the pop into 3rd. Smooth, refined, and higher pitched without the second cat or the muffler baffling. Also 20 more horse and torque. I suppose you could get just an OAP, but the real problem with the OEM exhaust is the back box. The Kline dual x-pipe muffler opens everything up and gives it that flat six sound. More GT3 like for those looking for that.

Better than OEM fit and finish and they fit perfectly.

Can you guys see the MOV file or is it local to my computer?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Kline 4RS.MOV (954.1 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by lovetoturn; 06-22-2024 at 12:19 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by lovetoturn:
Bill_76 (06-23-2024), LooseNut (06-22-2024), Mike981S (06-29-2024), UncleDude (06-22-2024)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust