Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 06:15 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

deleted

Last edited by very green R; 11-20-2022 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:11 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by very green R
So thankful for Thomti's post and the others who replied. It changed my build. I love bold colors.

For months I had a freeze date of Dec 2 on my GT4RS. In September I knew Ruby Star Neo was coming so I tried to change from Yellow to Ruby. But the configuator did not show Ruby and my SA could not do anything at that time.

On Nov 7 I got a warning email from Porsche that my freeze date was Dec 2 but possibly could change to be earlier.
On Nov 10 I left Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs AR in pitch darkness at 730 PM which is earlier than I expected to depart since I did not want to get rain that night on my Peridot Cayman R I bought brand new. It has only been caught in the rain 4 times in my 11 driving seasons. This was likely my last mountain drive in my Cayman R since I plan to sell it once the GT4RS arrives.
I like daytime driving and it was difficult to see on the very twisty mountain roads in the dark with the base R headlights. I thought how nice it would be to have PDLS LED headlights on the GT4RS but knew that Porsche was only offering base headlights due to part shortages.

On Nov 16 I checked the configuator and saw that LED PDLS light were suddendly an option. Called my SA and he added this option right away, as freeze date was still Dec 2.
In the early AM of Nov 17 I noticed my order created date was Nov 17 and the freexe date was Nov 16. So I definately have LED PDLS headlights. V210 status.

Then I saw these Ruby Star posts this morning. Called my SA immediately, He got on his computer and said "GOOD. Box in upper right corner of screen is not filled in by Porsche yet so let me see. Yes it let me change to Ruby so there is a chance Porsche will allow this change even though the freeze date is past."
SA also got a pop up message from Porsche that Ruby Star Neo is not available until Dec 5. But my yellow config was not scheduled to start until Dec 16 (was Jan 13 until the freeze date moved up) so I hope I can get Ruby. SA is not promising I will get the car in Ruby but he is hopeful based on how the computer accepted the change this saturday morning. He will call me on Monday and let me know for sure.
Right now the build sheet shows Ruby and V100- Feasibilty Check Failed. Perhaps the Feasibility Check Failed because I called my SA a second time asking to also change the interior trim (cf dash and console) to match the exterior color for $0 and Porsche has not painted these interior carbon fiber pieces in Ruby yet?
Any opinions on the V210 to V100 build sheet status change?
Last I checked. Your Cayman R has factory wipers installed. You gonna be fine in the rain. Or any Porsches for that matters.

I drove my 918 through sunshine, rain, and snow. Also mud and gravel, pretty sure your Cayman can handle those.

The following 2 users liked this post by Whoopsy:
KLCC 88 (11-20-2022), ToasterThief (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 06:22 AM
JNB728
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Question about the option “Extended Deviated Stitching”…

I opted in for the Extended Deviated Stitching option (See Picture) for my build that’s now locked in.

At the bottom it says seat centers are finished in Black Race-Tex. I just wanted to clarify this meaning. I tried asking my SA but couldn’t get a solid conclusion.

The assumption is, I won’t have the Arctic Grey seat centers - but instead the center of the seat will also be black. I want them to be black so I’m just double checking. I couldn’t find ANY photos of examples of others doing this. If you can confirm this, or share of a photo of what it looks like, please let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited by JNB728; 11-20-2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:30 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 473 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Not according to the manual, IIRC 932 miles might have been for the GT3.

I can verify this is wrong as I’ve completed the run-in. It’s 1500km/932mi. The blue message on start up saying “Observe run-in programme” vanished upon start up at 1500km. There’s also another specific GT4RS-manual that states 1500km/7000rpm during run-in.
​​​​​​​

Attached Images  
The following 3 users liked this post by Odin:
KEPetersen (11-26-2022), Kermit_the_Frog (11-20-2022), very green R (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 06:35 AM
WirthO
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Odin
I can verify this is wrong as I’ve completed the run-in. It’s 1500km/932mi. The blue message on start up saying “Observe run-in programme” vanished upon start up at 1500km. There’s also another specific GT4RS-manual that states 1500km/7000rpm during run-in.
​​​​​​​
My manual says 1500KM also.
The following users liked this post:
very green R (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 11:45 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,647 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Originally Posted by Odin
Maybe not, Norway as opposed to North America perhaps?

Originally Posted by WirthO
My manual says 1500KM also.
You as well, AU?

This wouldn't be the first time there were operational differences between market locations.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:56 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Maybe not, Norway as opposed to North America perhaps?

You as well, AU?

This wouldn't be the first time there were operational differences between market locations.
SmH @ your worldly knowledge. Fr, It, Ger, etc all have it at the lower numbers. CA and US have different lawyers and people's attitudes. Get over it. You are now sounding like torchie and his constant suspension divel; only on a different subject matter.
Old 11-20-2022, 12:09 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,647 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
SmH @ your worldly knowledge. Fr, It, Ger, etc all have it at the lower numbers. CA and US have different lawyers and people's attitudes. Get over it. You are now sounding like torchie and his constant suspension divel; only on a different subject matter.
Seems my comment has easily struck a cord with you... no matter, carry on as you have surely missed the point.
Porsche2014 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 09:48 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

JNB728, I do not think it will be black, as the only available colors are Artict Grey and Deep Sea Blue.

I did find this reference to "black" on the model website...

The full bucket seats made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) with carbon fiber-weave finish provide especially good lateral support at minimal weight. The seat centers are made of black, perforated Race-Tex in Arctic Grey or Deep Sea Blue. The 'GT4 RS' logo is embroidered on the headrests as standard; in conjunction with the Weissach Package, the corresponding logo featuring a stylized Weissach track outline.ull bucket seats made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) with carbon fiber-weave finish provide especially good lateral support at minimal weight. The seat centers are made of black, perforated Race-Tex in Arctic Grey or Deep Sea Blue. The 'GT4 RS' logo is embroidered on the headrests as standard; in conjunction with the Weissach Package, the corresponding logo featuring a stylized Weissach track outline.

The center of the seats for both option colors do in fact black have a black perferated stripe.

Last edited by matttheboatman; 11-20-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:01 PM
very green R
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Last I checked. Your Cayman R has factory wipers installed. You gonna be fine in the rain. Or any Porsches for that matters.
I drove my 918 through sunshine, rain, and snow. Also mud and gravel, pretty sure your Cayman can handle those.
We each enjoy our Porsches different ways. I don't critize anyone for driving thru rain, salted roads, mud, or whatever they like. or for having someone else take care of their car.
But I enjoyed taking my own care and keeping my Cayman R a long time, driving as many mountain miles as possible, and at the same time keeping it looking and running as if it were new. At the dealership Porsche technicians come and all gather at the same time once it is on the hoist because they don't see Cayman Rs looking as clean as mine. And I only hand wash my car about 3 times a year. To each his own.
Porsche2014 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 11:06 PM
very green R
Instructor

Harry Metcalf says Porsche will make 7000 GT4RS. Seems like too high of a number to me.
Old 11-21-2022, 12:11 AM
JNB728
Intermediate

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
JNB728, I do not think it will be black, as the only available colors are Artict Grey and Deep Sea Blue.
Yeah I see what you’re saying in your post but it is still a guess. I’m happy either way really I just really wish they were black seat centers.

The stitching option says it will change the embroidered headrest stitching - that would mean it would mismatch the seat backs if they weren’t black. The mystery remains…

I find it hard to believe no one has got a delivery with extended deviated stitching yet. I’m just so curious for a concrete answer here. I found it odd even my SA didn’t know.

Last edited by JNB728; 11-21-2022 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:30 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by JNB728
Yeah I see what you’re saying in your post but it is still a guess. I’m happy either way really I just really wish they were black seat centers.

The stitching option says it will change the embroidered headrest stitching - that would mean it would mismatch the seat backs if they weren’t black. The mystery remains…

I find it hard to believe no one has got a delivery with extended deviated stitching yet. I’m just so curious for a concrete answer here. I found it odd even my SA didn’t know.
If you get deviated stitching, the seat inserts are black. It’s actually one of the reasons I went with the deviated stitching. You can also see the color change in the configurator.

See the note at the bottom of the first pic.

Last edited by raymort; 11-21-2022 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:43 AM
JNB728
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raymort
If you get deviated stitching, the seat inserts are black. It’s actually one of the reasons I went with the deviated stitching. You can also see the color change in the configurator.

See the note at the bottom of the first pic.
Yeah I read that note which is why I was trying to double check. The configurator still doesn’t show the example. The image you shared is still grey actually. I don’t know if I’ll ever find out until the car actually arrives… haha.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:45 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by JNB728
Yeah I read that note which is why I was trying to double check. The configurator still doesn’t show the example. The image you shared is still grey actually. I don’t know if I’ll ever find out until the car actually arrives… haha.
The pic may look a little grey, but it’s different than the Arctic Grey and Deep Sea Blue pics.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS