Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 12:52 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
We can debate the premise that it is a typo, but unless Porsche comes out with a revision to the GT4 RS manual, what was pictured is the 'factory recommendation' for the GT4 RS. And perhaps new information has prompted Porsche to revise/increase the recommended break in distance?

People have their own ideas and will do what they want right down to no break in at all, one reason I loath to buy a used car, as unpopular as my comments on this may be I choose to follow the factory recommendations.
Let's just say at Leipzig, whatever GT cars are allocated to them, they are literally thrashed around since new............
Old 11-17-2022, 04:20 AM
borand
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by very green R
You may have to make it yourself. A trip to a hardware store or home building supply store can provide small hinges for small cabinet doors that can screw to the top of white rectangle in your photo. The plate attaches to a hinge on the left and right sides. Once attached the bottom of the plate flips up to install the tow hook and a bunge cord is used to keep the plate from flapping up and down while on the track. When driving on the street a screw thru the plate into the plastic tow hook cover will fix it tight.

In your photo and other photos I've seen of the rectangle that the plate attaches to I do not see any grommets to screw two bolts into to hold the plate firm. Is this rectangle in the rear fascia similar to the place in the front fascia which has dimples molded indicating where to drill holes to attach the front brackt to hold the front plate, or in the case of the rear plate do holes get drilled into molded dimples in the rectangle to hold the plate since there are no grommets with threads?
That is strange as the European version is on the side of the License Plate,

Old 11-17-2022, 08:19 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,766 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by borand
That is strange as the European version is on the side of the License Plate,

Good catch. I've noticed the same thing scrolling instragm #gt4rs and checking out colors. I saw a US car earlier this week and it was under the plates.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:33 AM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Interesting find. For my US spec car, I am planning to install a hinged plate holder (testing a few now) , and install an OMP strap-style tow hook and allow the strap to pertrude from under the plate so in the event I need to be towed at the track, it will be in place. Surely, if I remove the plate for every track day, sooner or later I will forget about it and drive on the street illegally and don't want that to happen!
Old 11-18-2022, 09:49 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Interesting find. For my US spec car, I am planning to install a hinged plate holder (testing a few now) , and install an OMP strap-style tow hook and allow the strap to pertrude from under the plate so in the event I need to be towed at the track, it will be in place. Surely, if I remove the plate for every track day, sooner or later I will forget about it and drive on the street illegally and don't want that to happen!
Question...do you guys need to have the toe hooks all the time on track events?
Old 11-18-2022, 11:11 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,948 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Question...do you guys need to have the toe hooks all the time on track events?
At my track, you need to have 1 (either front or rear, but not both). You have to predict which direction you plan to crash.
The following 5 users liked this post by GrantG:
JAhmed (11-19-2022), jwr9152 (11-18-2022), matttheboatman (11-18-2022), phefner (11-27-2022), raymort (11-18-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 03:20 PM
thomti
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ruby star neo now shows on the configurator for the GT4 RS as a special color option, not PTS... thinking about it without WP...
The following 2 users liked this post by thomti:
HelpMeHelpU (11-21-2022), very green R (11-19-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 03:25 PM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by thomti
Ruby star neo now shows on the configurator for the GT4 RS as a special color option, not PTS... thinking about it without WP...
If I were ordering one, I'd probably go with that since my Python Green isn't available.

Ron
Old 11-18-2022, 03:32 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Ruby Star Neo as a 'special' color on the 4RS happened a few weeks ago... Definitely an interesting choice if someone is looking for a super-bold color. For me, it wouldn't work. Wish they added Carmine Red instead, which oddly isn't even a PTS choice on the 4RS.

Last edited by pfbz; 11-18-2022 at 03:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
very green R (11-19-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 04:39 PM
thomti
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Ruby Star Neo as a 'special' color on the 4RS happened a few weeks ago... Definitely an interesting choice if someone is looking for a super-bold color. For me, it wouldn't work. Wish they added Carmine Red instead, which oddly isn't even a PTS choice on the 4RS.
the announcement happened a while back, but today it showed up for the first time on the configurator for the GT4RS, which is what I said
Old 11-18-2022, 06:02 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,766 Likes on 884 Posts

the announcement happened a while back, but today it showed up for the first time on the configurator for the GT4RS, which is what I said
Naw it's been there for weeks....at least in the US configurator.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:25 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Naw it's been there for weeks....at least in the US configurator.
Exactly.
In the US configurator at least since 11/1/22 when I posted some Ruby Star Neo renderings in a post on that date...
Old 11-19-2022, 07:13 AM
Porsche2014
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
At my track, you need to have 1 (either front or rear, but not both). You have to predict which direction you plan to crash.
I face that conundrum every time I put my toe hook on. I usually guess that a 360/720 will generally see me out of trouble and that a 180/540 is quite likely more dire. I put it on the front.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:25 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
LMAO
Old 11-19-2022, 05:14 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

Ruby star neo now shows on the configurator for the GT4 RS as a special color option, not PTS.. thinking about it without WP...
So thankful for Thomti's post and the others who replied. It changed my build. I love bold colors.

For months I had a freeze date of Dec 2 on my GT4RS. In September I knew Ruby Star Neo was coming so I tried to change from Yellow to Ruby. But the configuator did not show Ruby and my SA could not do anything at that time.

On Nov 7 I got a warning email from Porsche that my freeze date was Dec 2 but possibly could change to be earlier.
On Nov 10 I left Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs AR in pitch darkness at 730 PM which is earlier than I expected to depart since I did not want to get rain that night on my Peridot Cayman R I bought brand new. It has only been caught in the rain 4 times in my 11 driving seasons. This was likely my last mountain drive in my Cayman R since I plan to sell it once the GT4RS arrives.
I like daytime driving and it was difficult to see on the very twisty mountain roads in the dark with the base R headlights. I thought how nice it would be to have PDLS LED headlights on the GT4RS but knew that Porsche was only offering base headlights due to part shortages.

On Nov 16 I checked the configuator and saw that LED PDLS light were suddendly an option. Called my SA and he added this option right away, as freeze date was still Dec 2.
In the early AM of Nov 17 I noticed my order created date was Nov 17 and the freexe date was Nov 16. So I definately have LED PDLS headlights. V210 status.

Then I saw these Ruby Star posts this morning. Called my SA immediately, He got on his computer and said "GOOD. Box in upper right corner of screen is not filled in by Porsche yet so let me see. Yes it let me change to Ruby so there is a chance Porsche will allow this change even though the freeze date is past."
SA also got a pop up message from Porsche that Ruby Star Neo is not available until Dec 5. But my yellow config was not scheduled to start until Dec 16 (was Jan 13 until the freeze date moved up) so I hope I can get Ruby. SA is not promising I will get the car in Ruby but he is hopeful based on how the computer accepted the change this saturday morning. He will call me on Monday and let me know for sure.
Right now the build sheet shows Ruby and V100- Feasibilty Check Failed. Perhaps the Feasibility Check Failed because I called my SA a second time asking to also change the interior trim (cf dash and console) to match the exterior color for $0 and Porsche has not painted these interior carbon fiber pieces in Ruby yet?
Any opinions on the V210 to V100 build sheet status change?

Last edited by very green R; 11-19-2022 at 05:17 PM.
thomti (11-20-2022)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS