Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 09:11 PM
greatfox315
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
I think the WP is worth it. The intake cover and scoops look nicer in cf, and the racetex dash is totally unique to the GT4 RS and Spyder RS.

At least for the ‘22-‘23 you couldn’t get mag wheels without WP. The mag wheels can be bought separately for not much more than the option price, and then you’d have two sets.
But you can’t get special colors on mags like neodyme. If you want a color that Suncoast doesn’t offer, you need to spec it with the car.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:22 PM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adrift
As someone who may be (hopefully) deciding on spec in the not too distant future…is there anyone who ordered WP that regrets it? Money well spent? Especially as I may opt for fully painted hood (SRS).

How about those who didn’t that wish they did?

The prospect of ADM is making me hedge on ordering a high spec car. Not really a matter of affording it, but whether the car is “worth” that much.

Same question for mags. The feeling that I should build “the lightest possible” car is not insignificant.

TiA
Specced Weissach and would do it again in a heartbeat. Makes the car much more special looking and purposeful.

I built mine as a lightweight spec also:

-Weissach pack
-standard lightweight headlights
-no FAL
-XM antenna delete
-no chrono
-manual interior mirror
-no rain-sensing wipers
-no Bose
-no smoker’s kit
-no auto dimming exterior mirrors
-no illuminated door sills
-no interior lighting package
-PCCB
-Mag wheels

the only weight-adding feature I have is the fire extinguisher and that’s easily removable.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:36 PM
lilbza
Pro

Received 548 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by greatfox315
Specced Weissach and would do it again in a heartbeat. Makes the car much more special looking and purposeful.

I built mine as a lightweight spec also:

-Weissach pack
-standard lightweight headlights
-no FAL
-XM antenna delete
-no chrono
-manual interior mirror
-no rain-sensing wipers
-no Bose
-no smoker’s kit
-no auto dimming exterior mirrors
-no illuminated door sills
-no interior lighting package
-PCCB
-Mag wheels

the only weight-adding feature I have is the fire extinguisher and that’s easily removable.
Speccing the Weissach because it makes the car more special, only to turn it into a barebones build to save weight is a bit of a fail IMO... unless it's a dedicated track car and you're chasing tenths of a second of course.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:04 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by lilbza
Speccing the Weissach because it makes the car more special, only to turn it into a barebones build to save weight is a bit of a fail IMO... unless it's a dedicated track car and you're chasing tenths of a second of course.
Your fail is my win. Weissach unlocked PTS and mag wheels, both of which I have.
Old 10-24-2023, 03:13 AM
lilbza
Pro

Received 548 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by greatfox315
Your fail is my win. Weissach unlocked PTS and mag wheels, both of which I have.
WP, mag wheels, PCCB all great options, but everything else you listed there (except no FAL) just seems pointless to save what, 30lbs or thereabouts? If you plan to keep the car forever, then fair play, but if not, I think you'll get punished in resale value for it. Nonetheless, enjoy in good health, I'm sure you won't miss those options when you're driving it.

Old 10-24-2023, 04:18 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by lilbza
WP, mag wheels, PCCB all great options, but everything else you listed there (except no FAL) just seems pointless to save what, 30lbs or thereabouts? If you plan to keep the car forever, then fair play, but if not, I think you'll get punished in resale value for it. Nonetheless, enjoy in good health, I'm sure you won't miss those options when you're driving it.
This is a forever car so I built it the way I wanted - no concern for resale value. Regardless, the ethos of the car suits the lightweight options (or lack of options), IMO. Not only that, but I have yet to even turn on the radio in almost a year of ownership, so all the creature comforts it comes with standard are really lost on me. This car is already so much more refined and “daily-able” than my ‘73 911T. In that car, you learn what the term “spartan” really means. Forget about not having auto dimming exterior mirrors, it doesn’t even have a (passenger side) mirror. AC? Lol, no. Power windows? As powerful as your arm. Steering is as manual as the brakes (no assistance in either). And the only tunes you get pulse into the cabin in sextets of induction gasps (no radio from the factory).

Modern cars have gotten so choc full of features these days that we’ve really lost what it means to have a true stripper car. The GT4RS has Carplay, nav, PDK, automatic climate control, cruise control, power windows, HID headlights, and electronically adjustable suspension and exhaust - all standard. There is literally nothing more it needs comfort-wise.

The only modern car that comes close to truly spartan is a Caterham. In that car, even a windshield is optional. I’d know since I specced one.

Last edited by greatfox315; 10-24-2023 at 04:22 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by greatfox315:
008 (10-24-2023), hacker-pschorr (10-31-2023), lilbza (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 11:13 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,650 Likes on 2,709 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
For me the SRS has to have this Weissach Package, love the look inside and out!
Originally Posted by Adrift
You getting the mags?
No, for that price I would buy a second set for season specific Apex wheels/tires and probably a Hytorc gun.
Old 10-24-2023, 11:43 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

For me the SRS has to have this Weissach Package, love the look inside and out!
I wouldn't order it if only out of principle. $13k for a poser CF package with ZERO kg in weight savings. What does "Weissach" stand for these days?
The following users liked this post:
85Gold (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
I wouldn't order it if only out of principle. $13k for a poser CF package with ZERO kg in weight savings. What does "Weissach" stand for these days?
Are you actually in the market for the SRS?
Old 10-24-2023, 12:14 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Are you actually in the market for the SRS?
Yes. Why, are you selling?
Old 10-24-2023, 12:41 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Yes. Why, are you selling?
Not quite yet!
UncleDude (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 01:02 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,393 Likes on 2,209 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
"weisach" stands for "you might have a shot", your builds (MSRP, plastic, base headlights) stand for "good luck pal"

LOL

I think I would get the WP mainly for the interior, it really finishes it is off without the need to tick any other boxes and the racetex dash looks very cool. I don't disagree that it is just a trim kit though, like the GTS package.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:21 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
As for being 'poser' I couldn't agree less, your goal seems different than others, and the WP doesn't add any weight so that is good!

Last edited by Westcoast; 10-24-2023 at 02:23 PM.
Juggy (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 09:38 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

I took my first ride in a GT4RS this weekend. The sound was spectacular! As was everything else.

It was a PTS car. Speccing weissach to get either PTS OR Mag wheels is worth it in my book.

harder to justify weissach otherwise, but I must admit the weissach touches all looked very cool.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:47 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I think I would get the WP mainly for the interior, it really finishes it is off without the need to tick any other boxes and the racetex dash looks very cool. I don't disagree that it is just a trim kit though, like the GTS package.
I didn't realize that it came with the RaceTex dash. I would hate that. I would have ordered my car with leather everywhere if I could. The RaceTex always looks dusty and collects lint. It is intended to be a low friction surface to hold you in place so it makes zero sense on the dash unless you somehow got sofas and your passenger is holding on to the dash for dear life.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS