Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2020 | 06:48 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT325
718 Spyder. Northeast. V200; freeze end April; June delivery.

what a June it will be....
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (01-05-2020)
Old 01-07-2020 | 09:33 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Just got a text message from my dealer! I think the #1 person passed as he has a GT4 order in place. So being #2, it's all mine!!! So far all I know is that it's an April build! My SA is out of the office, but he was nice enough to text me the great news!!! Curious... everyone else with April builds, when is your Dealer ETA and Lock Date? I need to crank away on my build now.... Decisions to be made!
JAhmed (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020 | 09:59 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

For those that don't have their location in their avatar, would be nice to state your approx location (or at least your continent) in your post.
fantom (01-09-2020)
Old 01-08-2020 | 05:55 PM
schweez
Instructor

I'd like to preface this by saying I've never ordered a car before and had to Google what a V200 was.

I received an allocation from a dealership at MSRP in early fall. It is a Porsche dealership in the south and I was connected through a friend with the salesman. I was very excited and he asked to give a $1,000 refundable deposit. I gave a credit card number but it was never charged. After several months of sending emails, calls and texts about the status of my allocation (i.e. do I really have one because I was never charged and what number in line I was), without a response, I gave up hope and assumed it wasn't happening. I was very close to getting a 2016 GT4 or an Evora GT. Until last week when the salesman called and said I received an allocation for an April build and May delivery. I was very excited and jumped on it. I adjusted my build slightly over the phone with him and provided my credit card number for a larger deposit towards the car. He emailed me the build code and I responded it was what I wanted and thanked him.

A week later the deposit still hasn't been taken out and he didn't respond to an email just asking when it would be (just so I could budget my credit card account). So I guess other than saying I received an allocation in the allocation tracker thread -- does this seem normal in the GT Car allocation process? Should I have received any other form of confirmation outside him just telling me over the phone? Is there a few week delay between getting notification over the phone, the deposit being taken and getting a confirmation email (V200)? Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2020 | 06:30 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

@schweez They should send you a copy of the order readout in their system. It will confirm what your order status is, the anticipated lock, and anticipated delivery dates. But this all reads like your order isn’t being properly managed by this dealer. They can send, and should’ve sent you a receipt for the deposit. A preliminary Bill of Sale so you know what tax, license, and fees are to be collected, along with the MSRP, helps keep the file on your build in order.

You may want to make a visit.
Old 01-08-2020 | 07:20 PM
schweez
Instructor

phefner -- thank you for the information. It is very helpful. A visit will be tough in that a flight would be necessary. I am also being delicate with this because it's a friend of a friend (so a favor was presumably called in). I definitely knew something seemed off. But I also know there is a whole other thread going about people removing their names from the list because of similar unresponsive behavior from dealerships. Just hard to tell what's normal or not. Whether I get the car or not, I must say the whole experience with Porsche has been pretty disappointing.
Old 01-08-2020 | 11:06 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Originally Posted by schweez
phefner -- thank you for the information. It is very helpful. A visit will be tough in that a flight would be necessary. I am also being delicate with this because it's a friend of a friend (so a favor was presumably called in). I definitely knew something seemed off. But I also know there is a whole other thread going about people removing their names from the list because of similar unresponsive behavior from dealerships. Just hard to tell what's normal or not. Whether I get the car or not, I must say the whole experience with Porsche has been pretty disappointing.
You're not getting jerked around by PAG...IE Porsche or by PCNA i.e. Porsche cars North America you may be getting jerked around by the dealership a franchise of the above but def getting jerked around by the salesman. Don't be concerned ask your friend to intervene and if it's legit he'll nail it for you. You don't have an allocation until you see a Signed sales order with a commission number and a V-200 status.... They won't take your credit card number for deposit over the phone in any event Max deposit should be no more than 2K they will send you a form to fill out and provide the card and personal information scan said it back to them and then you'll be charged. Anything sure the for going and you got nothing. Most dealers ask for builds and build codes so they can run them through to PAG showing demand for these special cars. Really means you're looking Out for themselves but using you and others as a tool to obtain and if they do yet those allocations a high percentage will be spect by the dealer and then moved to the bidder highest upon arrival. Or in the alternative for their better customers higher up on the list. This is gonna be a long build out to the 2 and a 1/2 years and as with the last G T3 ... Huge frenzy but look at those prices and the availability of cars either through dealers or online now... iteration they won't be caught short leaving money on the table for flippers and speculators to grab hope this helps… search the forms... a lot on here about allocations, status numbers, lock, build and delivery times.
burnergt4 (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020 | 10:03 AM
mithiral67
Instructor

I'd like to preface this by saying I've never ordered a car before and had to Google what a V200 was.

I received an allocation from a dealership at MSRP in early fall. It is a Porsche dealership in the south and I was connected through a friend with the salesman. I was very excited and he asked to give a $1,000 refundable deposit. I gave a credit card number but it was never charged. After several months of sending emails, calls and texts about the status of my allocation (i.e. do I really have one because I was never charged and what number in line I was), without a response, I gave up hope and assumed it wasn't happening. I was very close to getting a 2016 GT4 or an Evora GT. Until last week when the salesman called and said I received an allocation for an April build and May delivery. I was very excited and jumped on it. I adjusted my build slightly over the phone with him and provided my credit card number for a larger deposit towards the car. He emailed me the build code and I responded it was what I wanted and thanked him.

A week later the deposit still hasn't been taken out and he didn't respond to an email just asking when it would be (just so I could budget my credit card account). So I guess other than saying I received an allocation in the allocation tracker thread -- does this seem normal in the GT Car allocation process? Should I have received any other form of confirmation outside him just telling me over the phone? Is there a few week delay between getting notification over the phone, the deposit being taken and getting a confirmation email (V200)? Any advise would be appreciated.
I played the similar game with a 981 GTS, when they were first released, but all went smooth. They took my CC number and didn't charge it for 4 months. Then took deliver, signed the finance agreement noting they reduced the loan by my deposit thinking they would charge it that date. Nope, 2 weeks after I bought the car, they finally charged it for the deposit of $2,500. Lols.

They might take the CC as good faith but not charge. My current deposit for the GT4 was $10k. Its bonkers but I think with the demand and me putting it down the day the cup car was announced. Funny thing is, I have $3k at another dealerships (they havent gotten an allocation yet) back in February 2018.
Old 01-09-2020 | 11:57 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Four years ago, when I finally got a call on a GT4 allocation (after scratching around the entire country looking), they took my CC number and I expected to be charged $5k for a deposit. I was about to board an international flight for a ten-day family vacation, so I never focused on whether they charged my card (and I use a few different cards). Fast forward six months to the day I picked up and paid for the car and drove home. The next day my SA called and asked if I remembered paying a $5k deposit. I said I thought so, but that I wasn't sure. After checking and not finding any such charges, I told him no, and they finally charged my card for the deposit THE DAY AFTER I PICKED UP AND PAID FOR THE CAR.

That's my deposit story.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 01-11-2020 | 10:50 AM
schweez
Instructor

Thanks for all the advice and replies. I’m cautiously optimistic. I don’t know how people wait 6 months for a car. The anticipation is killing me!

GT Silver, Bucket Seats, silver wheels, yellow stitching ordered.

But black with the gold wheels is calling me.........

Last edited by schweez; 01-11-2020 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 01-11-2020 | 02:10 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the advise and replies. I’m cautiously optimistic. I don’t know how people wait 6 months for a car. The anticipation is killing me!

GT Silver, Bucket Seats, silver wheels, yellow stitching ordered.

But black with the gold wheels is calling me.........
I think Black with black calipers and Aurum wheels would look fantastic!
Old 01-11-2020 | 02:47 PM
fantom
Racer

Seems like the floodgates for the USA are beginning to open

My late May/early June GT4 delivery confirmed.
n4v4nod (01-12-2020)
Old 01-11-2020 | 07:21 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Dealer Tracking: Here you go. March Build GT4 Spyder - Toronto, Canada
The following 2 users liked this post by ISPYA718:
n4v4nod (01-12-2020), Tiny Porsche Fan (01-12-2020)
Old 01-11-2020 | 09:58 PM
SnoBdrAK
Instructor

Just secured an April GT4 build; Midwestern US (first GT4 allocation for this particular dealer).

Last edited by SnoBdrAK; 01-12-2020 at 12:32 AM.
n4v4nod (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020 | 01:02 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

NE dealer called me the other night with an allocation. I passed and told them I was waiting for PDK. To me this iteration is not different enough to justify the added cost. But PDK .... that's another story, as I plan on it being a mostly track car.

(I had had my name on their list since late 2015!)
DFW01TT (01-12-2020)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker