Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 11:34 PM
hammyton
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
So what was the offer?

Or are you saying they were just scrubbing their list to remove not interested parties.

Not much info here…
15k was their opening offer… I didn’t bother to negotiate.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:37 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by hammyton
I put myself on the interest list for a Spyder at a few SoCal dealers a while ago (probably a year?) without much hope and within the last month I have had two reach out to me asking if I was still interested... I cant imagine I am that high up the list so I imagine they are working their way down the list seeing who will still pay ADM...
i got a similar call from a NJ dealer this week. Didn’t get into specifics other than above msrp
Old 01-09-2023, 10:32 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by absame
i got a similar call from a NJ dealer this week. Didn’t get into specifics other than above msrp
Not sure if same but just FYI, was speaking with my SA and he mentioned they just got a not yet allocated Spyder and 911T. Great guy to work with. George Bautista at Porsche Englewood in NJ.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:35 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by dave2020
Not sure if same but just FYI, was speaking with my SA and he mentioned they just got a not yet allocated Spyder and 911T. Great guy to work with. George Bautista at Porsche Englewood in NJ.
I assume there is some ADM on both of these?
Old 01-09-2023, 10:36 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

I mean I understand the Spyder part, car is manufactured for several years no, way longer than previous GT cars, but what's the deal with the 911T? Wasn't it just introduced a few weeks ago?
Old 01-09-2023, 10:38 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by Lucifer
I mean I understand the Spyder part, car is manufactured for several years no, way longer than previous GT cars, but what's the deal with the 911T? Wasn't it just introduced a few weeks ago?
Probably the dealer holding onto it rather than allocating it so they can get a markup. Maybe it's at MSRP, who knows.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:43 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
I assume there is some ADM on both of these?
Sorry, don't know. Not in the market for either. I've bought a GT car without ADM but I'm local and have been loyal to them with my purchasing and servicing. Based on my experience and others, I think the only surefire way to get any particularly desired car that can demand an ADM is to have a prior relationship.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:46 PM
rusmani
Racer

Sorry, don't know. Not in the market for either. I've bought a GT car without ADM but I'm local and have been loyal to them with my purchasing and servicing. Based on my experience and others, I think the only surefire way to get any particularly desired car that can demand an ADM is to have a prior relationship.
No worries at all. Just asking out of curiosity. I've already got my GT4 and if I'm adding another sports car to the lineup, I'm probably going for a GT3. Agree with your assessment on ADM though.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:48 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Dealer relationship is the issue I am running into. Started building a relationship with dealer, ended up moving, old dealer stated they wont sell new cars out of state. Current local dealer has had my deposits for a GTS and GT4 for around a year now. Long time I have been sitting and waiting, long time still to wait. At this point a 10k ADM I would jump on for a GT4.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:49 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
No worries at all. Just asking out of curiosity. I've already got my GT4 and if I'm adding another sports car to the lineup, I'm probably going for a GT3. Agree with your assessment on ADM though.
I am finding GT4 allocations for around 20k ADM.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:50 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

Old 01-09-2023, 10:50 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by bravoraider
Dealer relationship is the issue I am running into. Started building a relationship with dealer, ended up moving, old dealer stated they wont sell new cars out of state. Current local dealer has had my deposits for a GTS and GT4 for around a year now. Long time I have been sitting and waiting, long time still to wait. At this point a 10k ADM I would jump on for a GT4.
Yeah 10k wouldn't be too bad. I'd suggest a broker but you'll probably be closer to 15-20k there. Can try calling/emailing around to a ton of dealers and see if you get lucky.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
Abeltran22 (01-10-2023), bravoraider (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 10:56 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dub
haha. feel your pain. another way to go... consider an older GT car. they are all awesome and range in price from the 996 GT3 to the holy grail RS 4.0. drive it around and enjoy it. lose very little money on it. then, when you want the new GT car, you'll have a better chance getting one with it in trade.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:30 PM
BillBoss
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm relieved to say that after about a year and a half long wait, I have managed to find my GT4 allocation out of state at $10k ADM, April build. The dealer added a one year pre-paid maintenance on top for $1,295, which I'm totally fine with to finalize the deal. This will be my first Porsche ever!

I was on multiple local waitlists in the Chicagoland area at MSRP, until I was notified about two weeks ago that Porsche sent out an email to dealers stating all GT4 allocations have been released, so my waitlist deposits have been refunded back to me. This forced me to call just about every dealer across the country. I also contacted Ben, the broker here on Rennlist. He is an AWESOME guy. So if you are still looking, definitely reach out. Luckily, I was able to hunt this one down on my own.

The allocations are out there, but there are not many left. They range mostly from $20k-$40k ADM. The dealer I found was asking $25k ADM. I got them down to $15k after a few days, then $10k a few days after that. It takes work, but if you really want this car, I highly recommend going out there and doing everything you can to secure one before they're all gone.

Quick note - I wanted PTS (Brewster Green) and bucket seats, but both are on stop sale at the moment. Ceramic brakes are as well. Most dealers I spoke with told me it is possible they come back in March, but not guaranteed. So I'm glad I have an April build, but not getting my hopes up. Worst case scenario, I get the 2-way seats then purchase the carbon bucket seats to swap them out. I know it will cost more, but I would love to have them.

The questions I have for you guys is - Since I am dealing with an out of state dealer, what do I need to make sure to do to make sure this is my car? I'm hoping nothing goes wrong and they sell it behind my back. They already emailed me the commission number with my name on the document and V200 status. I also signed a purchase agreement, but they have not sent it back to me with their signature on it.

One more thing to add, I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the info that was provided. Without Rennlist, I probably would not be able to lock down this amazing car. Thank you guys!!
The following 8 users liked this post by BillBoss:
Abeltran22 (01-10-2023), bpeacock (01-09-2023), Cali1158 (01-10-2023), dub (01-09-2023), EXFIB (01-18-2023), gbridger (01-16-2023), Lucifer (01-09-2023), TXRubicon (01-09-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-09-2023, 11:39 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by BillBoss
I'm relieved to say that after about a year and a half long wait, I have managed to find my GT4 allocation out of state at $10k ADM, April build. The dealer added a one year pre-paid maintenance on top for $1,295, which I'm totally fine with to finalize the deal. This will be my first Porsche ever!

I was on multiple local waitlists in the Chicagoland area at MSRP, until I was notified about two weeks ago that Porsche sent out an email to dealers stating all GT4 allocations have been released, so my waitlist deposits have been refunded back to me. This forced me to call just about every dealer across the country. I also contacted Ben, the broker here on Rennlist. He is an AWESOME guy. So if you are still looking, definitely reach out. Luckily, I was able to hunt this one down on my own.

The allocations are out there, but there are not many left. They range mostly from $20k-$40k ADM. The dealer I found was asking $25k ADM. I got them down to $15k after a few days, then $10k a few days after that. It takes work, but if you really want this car, I highly recommend going out there and doing everything you can to secure one before they're all gone.

Quick note - I wanted PTS (Brewster Green) and bucket seats, but both are on stop sale at the moment. Ceramic brakes are as well. Most dealers I spoke with told me it is possible they come back in March, but not guaranteed. So I'm glad I have an April build, but not getting my hopes up. Worst case scenario, I get the 2-way seats then purchase the carbon bucket seats to swap them out. I know it will cost more, but I would love to have them.

The questions I have for you guys is - Since I am dealing with an out of state dealer, what do I need to make sure to do to make sure this is my car? I'm hoping nothing goes wrong and they sell it behind my back. They already emailed me the commission number with my name on the document and V200 status. I also signed a purchase agreement, but they have not sent it back to me with their signature on it.

One more thing to add, I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the info that was provided. Without Rennlist, I probably would not be able to lock down this amazing car. Thank you guys!!
I researched this subject thoroughly. My conclusion was that there is not much legally that you can do to guarantee you get the car for the agreed price, if the dealership ends up trying to screw you you will have to sue them, and there are many states you will lose regardless of any agreement signed (these rules meant to protect the buyer, but in our case, they protect the dealership more) - but again, this is heavily state-dependent.

Bottom line is that I obsessed about this for weeks, I read every single review of dozens of dealerships, probably thousands of reviews overall, and this isn't common. It happens, but it is very rare.

Regarding dealing with an out-of-state - at least in California, it doesn't mean much, you just need to go to the DMV yourself with a bill of sale, and a smog test. They will examine the vehicle, check the VIN, engine and a few other things and they will give you your title and license plates on the spot. I went through this with my previous car, and it took around two hours from start to finish.

Another possibility is to ask a local dealer to do a courtesy delivery - this way, you will save some $$ on shipping, and the local dealer will handle everything for you.

Last edited by Lucifer; 01-09-2023 at 11:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BillBoss (01-09-2023)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker