Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 08:29 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I’m new to the Porsche world… never owned a Porsche, no affiliation with the brand, and I got an allocation within 2 weeks of my inquiry; no ADM.

Oddly, during my search, I was told by multiple dealerships that you should NEVER put a cash deposit down unless your build allocation was provided on the spot (with commission number), and that deposits acquired were a dealerships way of preventing those from shopping around, as you would be invested into their brand.

My advice to those on a list… go to your dealership to inquire on potential allocations as often as you can. Put a face to the name, otherwise you’re just a #.
Its awesome you were able to get an allocation like that, but myself and others will tell you that you are the exception and not the rule. Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time and there was a stroke of luck involved.

Also, putting a deposit down at one dealer doesn't stop you from putting a deposit down at multiple other dealers. A majority of dealers won't put you on their waitlist without some sort of deposit.

Congrats to you though! Badass that you got one so quickly and easily. Don't take that for granted!
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
BoxKing (12-22-2022), nineball (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 08:40 PM
RonanRain
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just told that i have a production slot for March 2023. looking for everyone's thoughts on on color options. All options woudl have the Weissach pack. I was told PTS is no longer available sadly.
Black with painted satin black rims
Black with painted neodyme rims
Shark blue with satin black rims
Shark blue with neodyme rims

Thoughts?
Old 12-22-2022, 08:42 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by RonanRain
I was just told that i have a production slot for March 2023. looking for everyone's thoughts on on color options. All options woudl have the Weissach pack. I was told PTS is no longer available sadly.
Black with painted satin black rims
Black with painted neodyme rims
Shark blue with satin black rims
Shark blue with neodyme rims

Thoughts?
I personally would do shark with satin black rims, but I'm biased because that is what I have on my GT4 🤓
The following users liked this post:
BoxKing (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 08:49 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Its awesome you were able to get an allocation like that, but myself and others will tell you that you are the exception and not the rule. Sounds like you were at the right place at the right time and there was a stroke of luck involved.

Also, putting a deposit down at one dealer doesn't stop you from putting a deposit down at multiple other dealers. A majority of dealers won't put you on their waitlist without some sort of deposit.

Congrats to you though! Badass that you got one so quickly and easily. Don't take that for granted!
I agree with everything you said, and I feel incredibly lucky. I’ve expressed my gratitude to my SA over and over, bc I know I fell into the 2% crowd. The SA & GM who signed off on my allocation will be getting a very nice gift from me over the holidays!

ps… 4/5 local dealerships didn’t require deposits, and actually stated that they’ve stopped accepting them in order to be on their lists. I got on every list I could, then called each one to inform them to remove me, so that the slot could be filled by another. These calls were taken by the SA’s and surprisingly very well. Each congratulating me, and welcoming me to the family of Porsche ownership. This made my decision to join this family that much more rewarding.
The following 2 users liked this post by BoxKing:
adsingl (12-22-2022), rusmani (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 09:18 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi all. Probably few of you left in this thread when I started reading this thread and asking questions nearly 16 months ago (late August). I now have an allocation as of a few weeks ago! I've never bought a new Porsche, no standing with my dealer.
Oddly enough I had largely given up in February when I spoke the the SA then, was the last time I sent him an updated config (only the 2nd one, probably just to get the new base price in).
So I bought a 2019 GTS in May, beautiful car, like it a lot and figured that was likely it.
Last week, getting ready for my second oil change, wanted to remind myself of the oil spec, especially with the really cold weather coming. I log into my Porsche ID and I'm greeted with a spash of:

No email, no phone call from the dealer!
I call the SA, he stammers "yeah seems some folks got some weird emails, I'm going to have to talk to the GM to see where you are ..". I tell him "no, I'm on the portal with a congrats screen". He says, "really? let me check. Wow, they never told me they placed this!". So we talk a bit more and he sends me the email with the link, etc.
The deailer has maintained - and the few folks i know have gotten, MSRP.
With everything I've seen and read, from brokers, etc, didn't really think this would happen. I want to be really excited, but ... I'm nervous until I get ink on paper. Going to call the SA after holidays about that. I get that I'm not frozen until April 2nd / build delivery shows June 8 - until the next boat sinks or stop ship parts shortage anyway! I can see they don't want to re-do any contracts knowing options might change, but other than sitting in buckets (which I hear are recently not available) and a Nav decision I'm probably set.
My questions:
1. How did this work for most of you? At what stage did you know the final price and sign paperwork?
2. I know at least one or two examples where the car was "held hostage" for more money, seems very rare, but has anyone lost their allocation after getting this screen and email? Can I be truly excited it's only a matter of time?

Regards,
ADS
Central KY

Last edited by adsingl; 12-22-2022 at 09:21 PM. Reason: emphasis on most important question
Old 12-22-2022, 09:23 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 761 Likes on 350 Posts

Nope. I also managed to get an allocation within a few weeks of trying (for both a GTS and a Spyder).
My friend, who tried contacting his local dealers for months with no success, finally listened to me and started contacting every single dealership in the country - found an allocation after two days (GT4, 10k ADM).
It is basically a classic case of the law of large numbers.
santiago660 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 09:26 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Nope. I also managed to get an allocation within a few weeks of trying (for both a GTS and a Spyder).
My friend, who tried contacting his local dealers for months with no success, finally listened to me and started contacting every single dealership in the country - found an allocation after two days (GT4, 10k ADM).
It is basically a classic case of the law of large numbers.
If you aren't paying ADM, that's pretty impressive as well. Your buddy at 10 over on a GT4 got a good deal in my opinion, but paying ADM is a lot different than an MSRP deal when you talk about landing something in a few days.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

If you aren't paying ADM, that's pretty impressive as well. Your buddy at 10 over on a GT4 got a good deal in my opinion, but paying ADM is a lot different than an MSRP deal when you talk about landing something in a few days.
I think 10k is very reasonable considering he is probably getting one of the latest GT4s which is even more desirable than the Spyder (for some reason).
santiago660 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 09:36 PM
rusmani
Racer

I think 10k is very reasonable considering he is probably getting one of the latest GT4s which is even more desirable than the Spyder (for some reason).
Yeah to me 10 over on a GT4 that you can spec is solid. Is your Spyder at MSRP?
Old 12-22-2022, 10:13 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Yeah to me 10 over on a GT4 that you can spec is solid. Is your Spyder at MSRP?
MSRP + cost of ED for the dealer, so 3k ADM
Old 12-22-2022, 10:15 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 353 Likes on 164 Posts

My questions:
1. How did this work for most of you? At what stage did you know the final price and sign paperwork?
2. I know at least one or two examples where the car was "held hostage" for more money, seems very rare, but has anyone lost their allocation after getting this screen and email? Can I be truly excited it's only a matter of time?

@adsingl , many congratulations on this coming together.
You have the right idea to 'get going' on some paperwork--to that point, are you going to be trading in your 2019 GTS? If so, would you be able to pre-trade it now? If you can pre-trade, that will force paperwork to happen now. If you are not pre-trading, then also realize the dealer can't give you a value on your GTS now--but if you have all intentions of trading it in to them--it doesn't hurt to let them know a car is going to be coming in for them to resell.

Regarding point 2, you simply have to keep your calm--as 'truly' the deal is only 'done' when you drive the car off the lot with both keys and the paperwork--and that's going to be a long time from now.
(As a point of encouragement, I experienced a 'no games' purchase of a Spyder in August. It took 10 months from my order date to complete--and while I was calm on the outside, I knew games could happen at any point--and they simply didn't. I wish you the same smooth experience.)
The following 3 users liked this post by Bearrun21:
adsingl (12-23-2022), BoxKing (12-22-2022), santiago660 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:16 PM
adsingl
Instructor

For me, black rims pretty much disappear at more than 30' / 10m, even moreso in low light/dusk. I'd do the neo ones.

ADS
Old 12-22-2022, 10:20 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Originally Posted by adsingl
Are you V200 (or better)? If so, you're solid; they owe you a car.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:23 PM
rusmani
Racer

MSRP + cost of ED for the dealer, so 3k ADM
nice, solid deal!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:28 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Thanks for the reply. I may trade the 2019 GTS. It was originally Canadian (it's Porsche NA, not an org for CA and one for US) but SA says they may not want a Canadian car. I'm not worried about selling it separately; my gut feel is I'll get more doing so,. Probably a rounding error between getting more and losing the sales tax advantage of the trade. I'll push them on the trade if they're interested a couple of months ahead of delivery worst case. I plan to do a couple of track events so not looking to get an early commitment. Nearly all sports cars do better in the spring anyway, so late April /early May is my target on selling the GTS. It's a beautiful spec, currently 9200 miles, and with the mild APR tune, almost certainly faster in a straight line than the GT4 will be.

Everything I'm hearing is this dealer is straight, have a few friends who bought; one just took delivery of an GT4RS last month!
I'm just trying to confirm that, outside of me walking away over possible shenanigans I don't expect, I'm hoping there's no way they can "pull" this allocation away.
Probably worried about nothing, just been so long in the queue, I'm nervous!

ADS

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
My questions:

@adsingl , many congratulations on this coming together.
You have the right idea to 'get going' on some paperwork--to that point, are you going to be trading in your 2019 GTS? If so, would you be able to pre-trade it now? If you can pre-trade, that will force paperwork to happen now. If you are not pre-trading, then also realize the dealer can't give you a value on your GTS now--but if you have all intentions of trading it in to them--it doesn't hurt to let them know a car is going to be coming in for them to resell.

Regarding point 2, you simply have to keep your calm--as 'truly' the deal is only 'done' when you drive the car off the lot with both keys and the paperwork--and that's going to be a long time from now.
(As a point of encouragement, I experienced a 'no games' purchase of a Spyder in August. It took 10 months from my order date to complete--and while I was calm on the outside, I knew games could happen at any point--and they simply didn't. I wish you the same smooth experience.)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker