Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
Looking good, yes to the white headlight nozzle, it would have been nice if Porsche simply did that one free to match the car colour...
Old 02-05-2020, 08:41 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxwDKeKSyo
Haha, yeah a bit like that.

They should also invest in proper wireless mics instead of sharing corded ones.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:39 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

Finally got an update from the dealer. Looks like I won't get it til June, although he still thinks it'll arrive in May.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo

Finally got an update from the dealer. Looks like I won't get it til June, although he still thinks it'll arrive in May.
Interesting, similar timing to mine with some exceptions, yours enters the body shop on 03/06 and exits on 03/27, mine enters on 03/20 and exits on 03/27, yours must be a complex build!

They get to Emden on the same day but from there they part company, mine heads to Halifax and yours Benicia.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:37 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

Interesting, similar timing to mine with some exceptions, yours enters the body shop on 03/06 and exits on 03/27, mine enters on 03/20 and exits on 03/27, yours must be a complex build!

They get to Emden on the same day but from there they part company, mine heads to Halifax and yours Benicia.
Nothing complex on my build http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBQUT69, but maybe it's parts shortage for something I ordered? Bucket seats running out? My dealer also noted that the build time was much longer than the norm...
Old 02-08-2020, 12:33 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 277 Posts

Mine was set for late May delivery and now is pushed back to early June as well. Can't wait to get it out on track!

Old 02-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Nothing complex on my build http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBQUT69, but maybe it's parts shortage for something I ordered? Bucket seats running out? My dealer also noted that the build time was much longer than the norm...
Great build, love the colour choice as well! You are right not overly complicated a build, I think there is something else messing up the schedule... not sure what though, the seats better not be in jeopardy because if they are then they can hold my build until they are available, I am not spending this much money only to compromise at the 11th hour.

We are about 100 miles apart and yet the cars travel in completely different paths to get here once they leave Emden.
The following users liked this post:
Pokerhobo (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 01:19 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

That is interesting... Noticed it has to wait at port Emden for 3 weeks... maybe the ship carrier is full and it is bumped to a different ship which might explain the different route.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
That is interesting... Noticed it has to wait at port Emden for 3 weeks... maybe the ship carrier is full and it is bumped to a different ship which might explain the different route.
If you are referring to my comment, although we live less than 100 miles apart we are in 2 different countries, I am in Canada and he is in the US. Canadian Porche cars land on the east coast in Halifax and come across the country by train, which is strange because we have a big RoRo terminal in Vancouver.
Old 02-08-2020, 01:44 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

If you are referring to my comment, although we live less than 100 miles apart we are in 2 different countries, I am in Canada and he is in the US. Canadian Porche cars land on the east coast in Halifax and come across the country by train, which is strange because we have a big RoRo terminal in Vancouver.
ahhh got it... misunderstood.
Westcoast (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 01:46 PM
djonesdnd
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 32 Posts

I just took a look at the Port of Emden on Google Earth and it is a rather large area of vast parking lots in and near the loading docks. There would have to be an enormous level
of logistics involved in transporting thousands of automobiles to points all across the globe and seemingly the process has been refined to a science with great precision as to delivery dates, amazing.
One thing I don't like is that the cars are apparently parked out in the elements while waiting to be placed on board the ships. My Spyder's port of entry is Jaxport, Jacksonville, Florida USA.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djonesdnd
I just took a look at the Port of Emden on Google Earth and it is a rather large area of vast parking lots in and near the loading docks. There would have to be an enormous level
of logistics involved in transporting thousands of automobiles to points all across the globe and seemingly the process has been refined to a science with great precision as to delivery dates, amazing.
One thing I don't like is that the cars are apparently parked out in the elements while waiting to be placed on board the ships. My Spyder's port of entry is Jaxport, Jacksonville, Florida USA.
Speaking about outside parking, when the Canadian cars land in Halifax they get stored outside as well, but the big difference is the time of year, Halifax gets winter, not a little rain kind of winter, I mean full on 10 feet of snow winter! If your car arrives during winter you may not get it on a train until the next thaw. I have heard of entire shipments requiring new tires after the performance summer tires sat frozen for weeks, even a bunch of BMW's that had to be destroyed because every rubber seal had been compromised.

My Spyder is coming across the north Atlantic in spring so hopefully the icebergs are few and far between, lands May 1st in Halifax when the snow should be only a memory, then finger's are crossed for a uneventful cross continent train trip to Vancouver, off loaded onto a car carrier for another ferry trip to the island I live on.

Too bad Porsche doesn't offer a comprehensive tracking system to follow your car home...
n4v4nod (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 05:09 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

Speaking about outside parking, when the Canadian cars land in Halifax they get stored outside as well, but the big difference is the time of year, Halifax gets winter, not a little rain kind of winter, I mean full on 10 feet of snow winter! If your car arrives during winter you may not get it on a train until the next thaw. I have heard of entire shipments requiring new tires after the performance summer tires sat frozen for weeks, even a bunch of BMW's that had to be destroyed because every rubber seal had been compromised.

My Spyder is coming across the north Atlantic in spring so hopefully the icebergs are few and far between, lands May 1st in Halifax when the snow should be only a memory, then finger's are crossed for a uneventful cross continent train trip to Vancouver, off loaded onto a car carrier for another ferry trip to the island I live on.

Too bad Porsche doesn't offer a comprehensive tracking system to follow your car home...
Do you have to pay for extra shipping? Thats crazy about the cars sitting under the snow like that. What a bummer

Old 02-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911F1
Do you have to pay for extra shipping? Thats crazy about the cars sitting under the snow like that. What a bummer
Yes I too am surprised at the lack of indoor facilities in Halifax.

No extra for shipping for me, $1500 as opposed to the US at $1350... I suppose you could say being on the west coast I get a deal as it has to come a lot further than somebody on the east coast.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Bahnbrenner
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi All - I know that it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I figured I'd provide an update - Porsche Bellevue in Washington State still has the two GT4 allocations for anyone willing to pay a $15K ADM. I'm a first time Porsche buyer (long time fanatic) with no dealer relationships, so paying the $15K ADM was extremely tempting. In the end, I declined.
bpeacock (02-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker