Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
In Canada?
Yup. Montreal
Old 01-15-2020, 09:37 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
Yup. Montreal
For what...
Old 01-15-2020, 09:59 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DWD
I'm not sure how many cars my dealer was allocated. But they've accepted my build. So I assume I'm good as long as they get me to pay what they want.

If I do the LA Delivery, would I have to then find another Dealer with an allocation and then wait? Because as of now I'm pretty much getting the car, it's just a matter of time.
An accepted build means Jackie. A signed sales order with an order, model AND commission number, listing price and additional charges and you have
something to bank. Hope that's the case.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:48 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by dog bucks
An accepted build means Jackie. A signed sales order with an order, model AND commission number, listing price and additional charges and you have
something to bank. Hope that's the case.
not just a commission number... you need to be V200 status.
The following users liked this post:
JAhmed (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 11:24 PM
DWD
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
not just a commission number... you need to be V200 status.
I signed the sales order, I have a commission number and has my build completely specified, and am V200 status. I also got a DM from a user here saying they gave up their spot in Newport Beach and to try them. I contacted them and all their allocations are spoken for and they will get more in a couple of months from what the salesperson told me. Even if I go that route I'd have to wait until close to Nov/Dec for the car and they are at $10K ADM. I'd rather pay the additional $5K to not wait honestly.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:23 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 660 Likes on 344 Posts

My dealer informed me that he has an allocation available for me, but nothing more than that right now. Given that the Cayman/Boxster 4.0 was just announced, I imagine that will have a positive impact on ADMs.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:43 AM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

I may have to check out the GTs if it has a better gear ratio same engine and trans as the gt4 what’s going to be the big difference now.... I better change my 2 ways to buckets for some resale value of my new gt4.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:59 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 660 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by prl
I may have to check out the GTs if it has a better gear ratio same engine and trans as the gt4 what’s going to be the big difference now.... I better change my 2 ways to buckets for some resale value of my new gt4.
It's very unlikely Porsche has a custom gear set just for the GTS. Given the published perf numbers of being just 0.1s slower 0-60 compared to the GT4, it's simply a horsepower difference and not gearing. No doubt this will negatively impact the resale value of the GT4 as it's less special now.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:31 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
It's very unlikely Porsche has a custom gear set just for the GTS. Given the published perf numbers of being just 0.1s slower 0-60 compared to the GT4, it's simply a horsepower difference and not gearing. No doubt this will negatively impact the resale value of the GT4 as it's less special now.
I too believe that the MT gearing will be identical to that of the GT4. As for buying either car for resale... not my plan or recommendation for anyone!
Old 01-18-2020, 10:11 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

2021 gts with a fully auto and insulated top, 4.0 and mt seems to be a great alternative to the spyder. As most of the the goodies will be standard on the gts, it doesn’t seem like a compromise at all.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
2021 gts with a fully auto and insulated top, 4.0 and mt seems to be a great alternative to the spyder. As most of the the goodies will be standard on the gts, it doesn’t seem like a compromise at all.
Some of the same reasons I bought a 2016 GTS instead of the Spyder 4 years ago, now I want the full GT suspension and the look of the Spyder.

Still, I think the GTS 4.0 will sell well.
n4v4nod (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 11:01 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Yes, this could be just the car I've been hoping Porsche would make.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-18-2020, 02:34 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Some of the same reasons I bought a 2016 GTS instead of the Spyder 4 years ago, now I want the full GT suspension and the look of the Spyder.

Still, I think the GTS 4.0 will sell well.

If you like the look, then agree not too much of a compromise. I don’t think the GT3 suspension will make a significant difference in road driving. But having said that, the front, back and side profile of GT4 Spyder with Streamliners/humps and GT3 front are game changers for me. If you don’t absolutely love how your cars looks you are making a compromise. I’ll admit with Ferrari Spyder, I would open garage access door just to look at it. A work of art for me. Porsche Spyder always invoked same reaction, although never loved front end of 987 Spyder. But again I concede completely subjective and choice is not a bad thing.

With respect to the roof, I agree with the CNET reviewer of GT4 Spyder:

“Yes, that's quite a process, but after opening and closing the top multiple times over the course of a long weekend, I got used to it. And in a weird way, it kind of makes the whole car feel more special -- there's a stronger connection to open-top driving, even if most folks just see it as a hassle.”

it makes the car unique, gives it even more character, mechanical, and no risk of electric mechanism quitting - as a keeper car, these things matter to me.

Westcoast (01-18-2020)
Old 01-18-2020, 03:03 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
With respect to the roof, I agree with the CNET reviewer of GT4 Spyder:

“Yes, that's quite a process, but after opening and closing the top multiple times over the course of a long weekend, I got used to it. And in a weird way, it kind of makes the whole car feel more special -- there's a stronger connection to open-top driving, even if most folks just see it as a hassle.”

it makes the car unique, gives it even more character, mechanical, and no risk of electric mechanism quitting - as a keeper car, these things matter to me.
True, but the rear and three quarter visibility is apparently awful. At least with the 718 GTS 4.0 you can purchase the lane change assist feature.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-18-2020, 03:24 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

True. And I want to add - wasn’t trying to be adversarial or critical of choices. I owned a 981 Cayman GTS - weekend and track car and loved it. Preferred the look of GTS without big wing of GT4. That is why I prioritize the look of the car as being most important for me. The 4.0 Boxster/Cayman is going to be a hell of car and no manufacturer is making them - you are getting NASP 6 mid-engine manual convertible- and it will be 90% of GT4/Spyder - just brilliant. But for me the look of Spyder seals the deal and therefore I’m prepared to pay more for the visuals and putting up my roof manually. My wife prefers the electric roof, but it will be me getting out of the car to put up/down the roof of course so really it is electric for her.
n4v4nod (01-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker