Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 02:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
my original GT4 Feb 14th delivery was delayed to May 6th. Regarding cars sitting at ports until certified, I have heard many stories about this - Mostly in the mercedes forums
It would seem that there were a number of people that were given build dates very early in the year but no cars in this period that were destined for North America were built or delivered, cars for just about anywhere else were being built, Europe, Australia but nothing for here.

I wonder if those dates were actually valid, by that I mean PCNA/PCC were just gathering orders, no true allocation slots for build until recently.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:37 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast

I wonder if those dates were actually valid, by that I mean PCNA/PCC were just gathering orders, no true allocation slots for build until recently.
That's the challenge I find on here. Some people report receiving an allocation but don't know what they actually have. Without a commission number they do not have a build slot with the factory. If a dealer can't produce a commission number you don't have a build slot.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:15 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

It would seem that there were a number of people that were given build dates very early in the year but no cars in this period that were destined for North America were built or delivered, cars for just about anywhere else were being built, Europe, Australia but nothing for here.

They were valid EPA delayed NA builds. In the capital received the first allocation Sept 20 delivery was to be Jan 20. It's now in the body shop as of past Friday expected May 1 @ the dealer unless....
Old 02-26-2020, 07:27 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FASTRKMAN
They were valid EPA delayed NA builds. In the capital received the first allocation Sept 20 delivery was to be Jan 20. It's now in the body shop as of past Friday expected May 1 @ the dealer unless....
So if you know this you know why they were delayed? More than just EPA?

Again, no location given, so where are you?
Old 02-26-2020, 07:31 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Ottawa check my threads phone the EPA for more
Old 02-26-2020, 07:33 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Ottawa check my threads phone the EPA for more
I know typing is hard... and besides EPA is a US organization.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:40 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 773 Posts

I know typing is hard... and besides EPA is a US organization.
EPA holds impacted Canadian Cayenne, Cayenne Coupe and Macan last year. Canada just follows.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:42 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

EPA effects Canada as it will only certify import after EPA has granted their seal of approval hence the hold up on many P cars in t\e Halifax port since 2018
Old 02-26-2020, 07:44 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

EPA effects Canada as it will only certify import after EPA has granted their seal of approval hence the hold up on many P cars in t\e Halifax port since 2018
Oh yes, I am well of the EPA and its effect on Canada's DOT, but it isn't hard to flush out the information with specifically what was the problem, or perhaps you don't have this ?
Old 02-26-2020, 07:53 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Who has this info? I just wake up each day waiting for news of delivery like you, No cleaning lady info to share from the capital sorry...
Old 02-26-2020, 08:36 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Who has this info? I just wake up each day waiting for news of delivery like you, No cleaning lady info to share from the capital sorry...
Dang, I was hoping that you did know the cleaning lady, this waiting is painful!

We are having 15 degree days in the full sun and I can do is mow the lawn, this just ain't right...
Old 02-27-2020, 08:22 AM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Enjoy 25cm snow for us today but at least it's another can't drive it day. Glad there are more peeps in the waiting room part of the pain is sharing the pain. Further to my cleaning lady, she got fired for leaving the lights on but being near the front of the Q I will pass on anything I hear more about delays.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM
jblaw
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
That's the challenge I find on here. Some people report receiving an allocation but don't know what they actually have. Without a commission number they do not have a build slot with the factory. If a dealer can't produce a commission number you don't have a build slot.
I have a commission number, but haven't hit V200 and am told no firm build date. It's painful waiting, but hopefully worth it in the end!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:51 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Enjoy 25cm snow for us today but at least it's another can't drive it day. Glad there are more peeps in the waiting room part of the pain is sharing the pain. Further to my cleaning lady, she got fired for leaving the lights on but being near the front of the Q I will pass on anything I hear more about delays.
Yes, I don't normally comment about our weather because I know we have it good here but as I am waiting for a Spyder and there were all manor of convertibles passing me yesterday while I was driving my full size GMS truck it just came out!

Sharing the updates is what it is about, fingers crossed for smooth sailing going forward, mine is scheduled to be in Halifax May 1st.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:49 PM
RonLu
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've also got a commission number with now idea on when I'll get a build date / v200. I live in the SF Bay Area but was able to get an allocation from a Sacramento, CA dealership with no ADM. Hopefully the new month will bring us some news.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker