Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020 | 04:59 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Is anyone concerned that once they start building these cars for north america (presume within the next couple weeks), that they will still have to wait 6 months or more to receive their car?

They started building the Macan Turbo in August and I don't think they have been released for sale yet. The Cayenne coupes started NA production in July and 8 months later they still aren't available. If it takes 8 months to certify the cayenne coupe, how long is it going to take them to certify a car with a completely new engine?
Old 02-24-2020 | 05:10 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Loess
Is anyone concerned that once they start building these cars for north america (presume within the next couple weeks), that they will still have to wait 6 months or more to receive their car?

They started building the Macan Turbo in August and I don't think they have been released for sale yet. The Cayenne coupes started NA production in July and 8 months later they still aren't available. If it takes 8 months to certify the cayenne coupe, how long is it going to take them to certify a car with a completely new engine?
Who knows... I don't care about waiting. I never thought the May delivery date was going to be actual anyways.
If it does arrive in May then it will be a nice surprise. if not, no big deal. Others might feel different living in seasonal driving climates.
Old 02-24-2020 | 05:53 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That is quite the bombshell to lob over the fence without any (real) supporting evidence... or perhaps that was the point? It would appear that you are working from anecdotal evidence only?

I am sure we would all welcome some additional and verifiable evidence or as we say in the computer industry all we have is FUD!

Curious, do you have an order in for a GT4 or Spyder?
Old 02-24-2020 | 06:08 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911F1
Who knows... I don't care about waiting. I never thought the May delivery date was going to be actual anyways.
If it does arrive in May then it will be a nice surprise. if not, no big deal. Others might feel different living in seasonal driving climates.
If there is a real delay I would care a great deal, I don't want to be taking delivery of a 2020 car when the 2021 models become available!

What's the first year depreciation worth to you?
Old 02-24-2020 | 07:55 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Westcoast
That is quite the bombshell to lob over the fence without any (real) supporting evidence... or perhaps that was the point? It would appear that you are working from anecdotal evidence only?

I am sure we would all welcome some additional and verifiable evidence or as we say in the computer industry all we have is FUD!

Curious, do you have an order in for a GT4 or Spyder?
I'm not sure what evidence you'd like to see but you can ask the guys waiting for a cayenne coupe. I can show you some build sheets for macans and cayennes that were built in July and August. My general point is that Porsche seems to be having a hard time getting cars certified and I can't see why the GT4 or Spyder will be any different.

I'm looking at a Spyder order if they will let me have leather rather than alcantara.
Old 02-24-2020 | 08:04 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure what evidence you'd like to see but you can ask the guys waiting for a cayenne coupe. I can show you some build sheets for macans and cayennes that were built in July and August. My general point is that Porsche seems to be having a hard time getting cars certified and I can't see why the GT4 or Spyder will be any different.

I'm looking at a Spyder order if they will let me have leather rather than alcantara.
OK, so you are talking about different vehicles, not the GT4 or Spyder, there are a number of differences between these cars and the ones you are referring to, until we are made of delays on the GT4/Spyder assuming they will be delayed is unsubstantiated and non-productive at best... we are all aware that due to the problems cause by Volkswagen and the diesel scandal everything coming from VAG/PAG is being looked at closely.

So, leather, there is leather everywhere, curious where can't you get it?
Old 02-24-2020 | 09:41 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
If there is a real delay I would care a great deal, I don't want to be taking delivery of a 2020 car when the 2021 models become available!

What's the first year depreciation worth to you?
Well if thats the case. that it goes that deep in the year, Then, yes it should be a 2021 model
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020 | 10:15 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Who here has the earliest build date / arrival date for the US and has your Dealer informed you of any delays?
Old 02-25-2020 | 12:09 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Would be concerning, yes. But don't think it'll be an issue for Spyder/GT4. Those Cayenne Turbo and Macan issues along with Cayenne have been since end of 2018.
Old 02-25-2020 | 01:34 AM
neil.yoshi
Instructor

How uncommon is it to get a build with no ADM?
Old 02-25-2020 | 08:33 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Curious how many GT4/Spyders everyone’s dealers have been allocated so far? Mine has only gotten 2 Spyders and 1 GT4 as of today.
Porsche of New Orleans. 1 Spyder. Mine.
Porsche of the Mainline: 2 Spyders. 15 on waiting list. (this data is three weeks old)

Didn't ask about GT4s.
Old 02-25-2020 | 09:18 AM
blackholescion
Pro

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Who here has the earliest build date / arrival date for the US and has your Dealer informed you of any delays?
I don’t have the earliest. There was someone on here talking about April. I have a May 16 delivery, March build. Haven’t heard about delays but haven’t asked in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by neil.yoshi
not uncommon. Shop around. I’m a first time Porsche buyer and have no ADM on my allocation.
The following 2 users liked this post by blackholescion:
0Q991 (02-25-2020), CDACH (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020 | 04:55 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neil.yoshi
Since you're in the Seattle area, don't buy from Porsche Bellevue unless you want to pay ADM. Check out Porsche Bellingham. I've heard Porsche Tacoma also has ADM.

Last edited by Pokerhobo; 02-26-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2020 | 06:40 PM
McMGC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Curious how many GT4/Spyders everyone’s dealers have been allocated so far? Mine has only gotten 2 Spyders and 1 GT4 as of today.
Mine has 3x GT4 (April, May and June builds) and 1x Spyder. This is NorCal Bay Area.
Old 02-26-2020 | 02:06 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

my original GT4 Feb 14th delivery was delayed to May 6th. Regarding cars sitting at ports until certified, I have heard many stories about this - Mostly in the mercedes forums

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker