Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 04:41 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by Rasputin.
That guy cries about everything, so I'm not surprised a decision I made is affecting his life somehow. Anyway, it's giving me something to do while my stocks are taking a **** today after the nice little rise they had yesterday.Deserved what? I don't know, we can ask him. @John Mclane did you trade a car in on your V200 last week?
No trade implied. In the contract shows as TBD, and I was clear that I may not trade my car and they said it was fine. They offered to order the infamous watch and immediately said I didn't have to and I didn't. No PPF, insurance, financing, nothing extra in the sales contract besides the usual dealer and document fees.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:45 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
No trade implied. In the contract shows as TBD, and I was clear that I may not trade my car and they said it was fine. They offered to order the infamous watch and immediately said I didn't have to and I didn't. No PPF, insurance, financing, nothing extra in the sales contract besides the usual dealer and document fees.
History with the dealer?

Or did you just score a unicorn?
Old 05-18-2022, 04:46 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Its still in the water?
Yep. I suspect it's passed the southern border of Mexico and is steaming along toward SD. My SA said it'd probably be in port by May 23. Marine Traffic lost sight of Hestia Leader a couple days ago.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:51 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Yep. I suspect it's passed the southern border of Mexico and is steaming along toward SD. My SA said it'd probably be in port by May 23. Marine Traffic lost sight of Hestia Leader a couple days ago.
So you should be sitting in the new ride come Memorial day weekend
Old 05-18-2022, 04:54 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

So you should be sitting in the new ride come Memorial day weekend
Not quite. I'll actually be sitting on the shores of Lake Garda worrying about the car sitting in the middle of the showroom being molested and leaned on. :-(
Old 05-18-2022, 05:10 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Not quite. I'll actually be sitting on the shores of Lake Garda worrying about the car sitting in the middle of the showroom being molested and leaned on. :-(
For a small Additional Rasputin Markup, ill make sure no one bangs yer tailpipes buddy
The following 2 users liked this post by Rasputin.:
kwikit356 (05-18-2022), SpyderSenseOC (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 05:29 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
History with the dealer?

Or did you just score a unicorn?
History, I bought some cars from them and service them there. Nothing excessive considering the whales in the area. Different day with a different person things could have been different. It's rough and I honestly thought I was not getting an allocation.
The following users liked this post:
Adrift (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 05:38 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

History, I bought some cars from them and service them there. Nothing excessive considering the whales in the area. Different day with a different person things could have been different. It's rough and I honestly thought I was not getting an allocation.
Sounds like they did right by you; a good relationship indeed.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:41 PM
BillBoss
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 55 Posts

That guy cries about everything, so I'm not surprised a decision I made is affecting his life somehow. Anyway, it's giving me something to do while my stocks are taking a **** today after the nice little rise they had yesterday.
We're either in the beginning of a recession or possibly a nice turn around can start. I'm leaning towards recession. Sadly, I don't even think a recession can cause the GT4 hype to die for ADM. However, I do think we both have some honest dealers that will come through with their MSRP promise.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:59 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sounds like they did right by you; a good relationship indeed.
Yes they did. Even with long standing relationships, it's hard to compete with people that buy 3-4 cars per year. All it takes is half a dozen of "collectors" and you're done for it.
What I can say is that servicing the car and making your SA know that you're there doing that builds up. Go to promo events, send greetings on holidays etc, eventually pays off. I have been servicing my cars there since 2014 and I purchased prepaid maintenance for the last few years (to save money and roll the glorified oil change into the loan).
Old 05-18-2022, 06:03 PM
BillBoss
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes they did. Even with long standing relationships, it's hard to compete with people that buy 3-4 cars per year. All it takes is half a dozen of "collectors" and you're done for it.
What I can say is that servicing the car and making your SA know that you're there doing that builds up. Go to promo events, send greetings on holidays etc, eventually pays off. I have been servicing my cars there since 2014 and I purchased prepaid maintenance for the last few years (to save money and roll the glorified oil change into the loan).
Sounds like trying to buy a Rolex. Not even trying to joke because I have personally experienced it. Good to build a relationship with your SA. I just don't know how to with a new SA I barely know. However, I have been referring him as many people as possible.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:16 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

I think most of us non-whales are (mostly) hosed as long as the GT cars are worth more than MSRP (especially when sold back to the dealer). As long as this is true, the "collectors" are now all flippers, as it makes them money to buy every car they can get their hands on and then sell them right back to the dealership (+100ish miles) for a profit. And this cycle just raises those people's value to the non-ADM dealers, as they can then sell the cars for market price (ie +ADM) as used. This further freezes all us non-whales out. Bleh
CatVaux (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 06:46 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think most of us non-whales are (mostly) hosed as long as the GT cars are worth more than MSRP (especially when sold back to the dealer). As long as this is true, the "collectors" are now all flippers, as it makes them money to buy every car they can get their hands on and then sell them right back to the dealership (+100ish miles) for a profit. And this cycle just raises those people's value to the non-ADM dealers, as they can then sell the cars for market price (ie +ADM) as used. This further freezes all us non-whales out. Bleh
That's true. I find the Ferrari approach "refreshing". If an allocation is available, leave a deposit and wait for the car. It can be 6 months (pre COVID) to 2 years. Most V8 and now V6 models don't really require prior relationships although they have a profile for potential new clients. Flip for a quick buck and you get blackballed.

Back to the allocations, if you don't have a standing relationship (meaning you already spent money there), the way out is markup or leave deposits in multiple dealers. According to my SA, recently porsche is "asking" the dealers to sell locally, but we know how that's going to be enforced.
Old 05-18-2022, 06:47 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
Moderators please delete this kind of **** and keep it limited to relevant posts only
boss2k needs a 40 too…
Rasputin. (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 07:36 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 92 Posts

Just ordered MY 23 Spyder. First car order with the deliver locally. MSRP, PPF, windshield, about 5k in extras. Trade in 2017 991.2, better than KBB price. ETA 9/2/22. Happy that I was able to get one. Good luck to everyone trying to get one, I feel lucky. (What a world where we feel lucky to be able to spend 130k on a car, geez). LOL

The following 6 users liked this post by jamesrg:
eshney (05-21-2022), F1-DNA (05-18-2022), JBM718GTS (05-19-2022), Klepper (05-18-2022), Rasputin. (05-18-2022), usctrojanGT3 (05-22-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker