Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 07:34 PM
RySjaXn
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thefullsend
I know of a 718 Boxster 4.0 and a 718 Cayman 4.0 at ADM is anyone is looking.
i’m actually looking for one. Where and how much is this specific ADM?
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (03-20-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 12:54 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 842 Posts

Anyone know how much ADM's are for a Spyder right now? Looking to place an order for one since I can't find an ideal spec that I'd like used.
bpeacock (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 12:57 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Anyone know how much ADM's are for a Spyder right now? Looking to place an order for one since I can't find an ideal spec that I'd like used.

Lately $25K seems to be the norm. I did slightly better in late January and I felt fortunate. Nobody else even had an allocation for me on the radar. Not even the Porsche dealer I did ten years with back in the 1985-1995 timeframe, and some of the same players are still there. Is there such a thing as a NVIP?
bpeacock (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 01:34 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Lately $25K seems to be the norm. I did slightly better in late January and I felt fortunate. Nobody else even had an allocation for me on the radar. Not even the Porsche dealer I did ten years with back in the 1985-1995 timeframe, and some of the same players are still there. Is there such a thing as a NVIP?
That's seriously nuts IMO. GTS 4.0 @ MSRP is even more of a bargain then. Justifying Burmeister feels much easier, too!

Last edited by unclemat; 03-21-2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,635 Likes on 1,332 Posts

+$25k is what my dealer is charging, but I don’t think they’ve had a new allocation in a long time. I was the last non-ADM order they took. We’ll see if they respect it when it comes time to pay.

Last edited by Adrift; 03-21-2022 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:46 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RySjaXn
i’m actually looking for one. Where and how much is this specific ADM?
ADM ask is 15K for a Boxster GTS 4.0. Looks like the Cayman GTS has been sold.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:26 PM
RySjaXn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Thefullsend
ADM ask is 15K for a Boxster GTS 4.0. Looks like the Cayman GTS has been sold.
Shoot, was the ADM for the Cayman the same as the Boxster?
Old 03-21-2022, 05:09 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 57 Posts

There are dealers taking nonrefundable deposits for MSRP allocations that they supposedly know they are getting in the future. They claim that they know exactly how many allocations that they will get each month for the next several months. I'm not sure if that's how it works, or if the sales agent was blowing smoke up my butt to get the nonrefundable deposit. I'm thinking the latter.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:11 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallCapTrader
There are dealers taking nonrefundable deposits for MSRP allocations that they supposedly know they are getting in the future. They claim that they know exactly how many allocations that they will get each month for the next several months. I'm not sure if that's how it works, or if the sales agent was blowing smoke up my butt to get the nonrefundable deposit. I'm thinking the latter.
I think those dealers are blowing smoke. The guys I know who are in the know say they have no idea what's coming. I believe them because it's in their interests to puff about it.
RySjaXn (03-23-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 05:14 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Shoot, was the ADM for the Cayman the same as the Boxster?
Yes, they were the same.
RySjaXn (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 05:37 PM
RySjaXn
Intermediate

I’ve got a few dealers in my area that claim they will sell CGTS at MSRP. One asked for a $500 refundable deposit to get on the waitlist, another asked for no deposit (said they won’t accept any money until V200 status), a third said $3,000 deposit at time of allocation (need to clarify this one, but this was my understanding), and the fourth said they can’t even get me on the list because they’re reserving allocations for existing customers.

All dealers said they’d sell at MSRP, couldn’t make any promises regarding when I might receive an allocation, but the general consensus was anywhere from 6-18 months. It probably doesn’t help that this will be our first Porsche, but we’ll keep our fingers crossed and hope we get an allocation. In the meantime, we’re trying to find a “cheap”, higher mileage 781 6MT to enjoy and eventually trade in on the GTS if/when our number’s called.
Rasputin. (03-21-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 05:40 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

I’ve got a few dealers in my area that claim they will sell CGTS at MSRP. One asked for a $500 refundable deposit to get on the waitlist, another asked for no deposit (said they won’t accept any money until V200 status), a third said $3,000 deposit at time of allocation (need to clarify this one, but this was my understanding), and the fourth said they can’t even get me on the list because they’re reserving allocations for existing customers.

All dealers said they’d sell at MSRP, couldn’t make any promises regarding when I might receive an allocation, but the general consensus was anywhere from 6-18 months. It probably doesn’t help that this will be our first Porsche, but we’ll keep our fingers crossed and hope we get an allocation. In the meantime, we’re trying to find a “cheap”, higher mileage 781 6MT to enjoy and eventually trade in on the GTS if/when our number’s called.
Nice! All you can do is get on lists. No one can say for certain when Porsche will or stop producing these cars or when your dealer will get an allocation. The only thing you can control is if a dealer knows you want one. Good work!
Old 03-21-2022, 05:43 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Nonrefundable seems pretty brutal, but it will be refundable in the case they cannot secure an allocation and production ceases I would assume. So in that regard it wouldn’t be too much different. If you are comfortable with it you could give it a shot. I’m in the business of accuracy by volume when it comes to non ADM GT4 deposits lol
Old 03-21-2022, 05:53 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 57 Posts

I gave up the search for the elusive MSRP allocation. I capitulated and paid ADM for a BGTS over the weekend. April build (unless WWIII of course). This after getting offered an MSRP allocation for July build. I just didn't believe the guy wanting a nonrefundable deposit lol
Old 03-21-2022, 05:55 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

I gave up the search for the elusive MSRP allocation. I capitulated and paid ADM for a BGTS over the weekend. April build (unless WWIII of course). This after getting offered an MSRP allocation for July build. I just didn't believe the guy wanting a nonrefundable deposit lol
Ultimately, it's whatever you are comfortable and happy with. I am excited for you, and probably a little bit envious that you will receive your Boxster in time for summer! I believe you mentioned this before, but I cannot recall at the moment. Is this your first Porsche?

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker