Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 02:10 PM
F1-DNA
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by unclemat
I was on a wait list with a deposit for BGTS 4.0 for supposedly MSRP with a local dealer - Porsche Stratham. They just emailed me "we have allocation with $30k ADM and 2 buyers ahead of you passed on it". I told them to pound sand and refund my deposit right away. Pretty rotten for a local dealer, but whatever.

I actually have a confirmed order with 7/1/2022 delivery with another not super local dealer for MSRP, but did not cancel my spots elsewhere just to hedge my bets. I am on yet another (local) dealer's list with a hefty deposit for also supposedly MSRP, I'll see how that one pans out.
Isn't this fun? Sounds like you are having fun. What a time to try and buy a car... I'm pretty sure I won't get a new GT4 at a decent price at this point so I have to wait for the used market to cool..
Old 03-24-2022, 02:19 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 57 Posts

I was on a wait list with a deposit for BGTS 4.0 for supposedly MSRP with a local dealer - Porsche Stratham. They just emailed me "we have allocation with $30k ADM and 2 buyers ahead of you passed on it". I told them to pound sand and refund my deposit right away. Pretty rotten for a local dealer, but whatever.

I actually have a confirmed order with 7/1/2022 delivery with another not super local dealer for MSRP, but did not cancel my spots elsewhere just to hedge my bets. I am on yet another (local) dealer's list with a hefty deposit for also supposedly MSRP, I'll see how that one pans out.
$30K over on a friggin' BGTS is insanity! But I wonder if it gets even crazier now that Porsche has officially confirmed that the 718 is going all electric in a couple of years.
Old 03-24-2022, 02:37 PM
F1-DNA
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallCapTrader
$30K over on a friggin' BGTS is insanity! But I wonder if it gets even crazier now that Porsche has officially confirmed that the 718 is going all electric in a couple of years.
I honestly think its going to go the other way. Maybe not for new cars being produced but used. Remember us crazy petrol heads are such a small margin of the Porsche world going forward. Most people will see a shinny new 718 EV and the hype train will shift.

Last edited by F1-DNA; 03-24-2022 at 02:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ToasterThief (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 02:56 PM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by DylanNA6
It might be heresy to say but I want this car to the point I'd be fine swallowing 20k ADM. I know people buying with ADM are the problem, but this car would be a keeper.

Any idea where I can find an allocation, let alone ADM or not?
Let me ask my SA and get back to you first since they are one of the bigger dealers and get more allocations than most
Old 03-24-2022, 03:05 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-DNA
Isn't this fun? Sounds like you are having fun. What a time to try and buy a car... I'm pretty sure I won't get a new GT4 at a decent price at this point so I have to wait for the used market to cool..
Yeah. I actually asked the dealer I have the MSRP allocation with, if I could get on a waitlist for GT4 RS for MSRP, even if in 1-2 years, but was laughed at....
Old 03-24-2022, 03:53 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

Don’t think it will be may 1 for the next round of 718s. That’s still deep into this quarter. If I remember correctly end of march last year is when dealers were made aware of allocations, this year it was mid march. I think last year people got the good word end of June so maybe mid to end of June this year for the next round? Lots of wildcards this year though.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:42 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Interesting. My GM is stating they will find out in May as Spyder/GT4 production is ending by Dec 31, 2022. I found other posts mentioning usually May 1 for when dealers get word, so I put the two together and wondered if that would hold true this year.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:47 PM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 28 Posts

I wonder if allocations are released the same time between US and Canada.
When I realized that the allocations were released in the US a couple weeks ago, I reached out to my local dealer and I was told they have not received the allocations this quarter yet.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:52 PM
rdubs23
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah. I actually asked the dealer I have the MSRP allocation with, if I could get on a waitlist for GT4 RS for MSRP, even if in 1-2 years, but was laughed at....
RS is going to have a near 100K ADM most places. 918 owners (original owners) will get right of first refusal at MSRP. Going to be near impossible to purchase.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:55 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

95%+ of dealers are taking your deposits/waitlist and they'll deliver at MSRP as they figure that it is only a matter of time. For now, they pass the list over and sell for ADM, when they cools, they got a big list...

It's a win-win for them.

That shark blue looks epic tho!!!! I got one on order now with gold wheels and paid a very small ADM and I def won't be getting buckets btw.

For anyone on the fence about buckets, I mean they F'ing SUCK. I DD my 2019 gt3rs for almost 3 years and 100% of my friends and anyone that went in my car thought they sucked lol I am 33 and took delivery of the car when I was 29 and am in great shape and I am baffled how most older buyers are speccing these things. Getting in and out is a joke, and the backrests don't adjust AND you don't save weight over the standard seats...If you never drive the car, it's fine....But I mean I am going to track this GT4 6+ times a year and I could care less for those things lol

If you get an RS...I agree you proly cant no cost take it away, but on a GT4 manual you are crazy to get those things
The following 3 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
*991* (03-24-2022), Rasputin. (03-25-2022), ToasterThief (03-24-2022)
Old 03-24-2022, 05:14 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

I am thinking perhaps US and Canada are not synced. Also seems odd if they do get them quarterly (as I found in another thread), that they would receive notification in May. That is in the middle of Q2.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:22 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by YWG_YYZ
I wonder if allocations are released the same time between US and Canada.
When I realized that the allocations were released in the US a couple weeks ago, I reached out to my local dealer and I was told they have not received the allocations this quarter yet.
Definitely asynchronous between US and CDN for allocations. I suspect CDN dealers will receive theirs in the next week or two for June production.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:30 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

I was told dealer would hear in May and production would be at end of year likely. That seems to not jive with much out there. I was thinking end of year production would be given to dealers in Aug?
Old 03-24-2022, 05:39 PM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
I was told dealer would hear in May and production would be at end of year likely. That seems to not jive with much out there. I was thinking end of year production would be given to dealers in Aug?
Your timing assumptions might be realistic in a typical production year. But Porsche production schedules are currently dealing with re-building hundreds of North American customer orders that sank on a ship a few weeks ago. And Porsche’s already unprecedented supply chain woes just got even worse when China locked down Shenzhen due to Covid and then Russia launched WW3.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:40 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Originally Posted by 0-Day
Your timing assumptions might be realistic in a typical production year. But Porsche production schedules are currently dealing with re-building hundreds of North American customer orders that sank on a ship a few weeks ago. And Porsche’s already unprecedented supply chain woes just got even worse when China locked down Shenzhen due to Covid and then Russia launched WW3.
Dealer hears in May, end of yr production or hears in Aug with end of yr production - which timing assumption might be realistic if all was normal?

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker