Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Anyone here interested in a new 718 Spyder. Ask is 22.5K over MSRP. Can send you the right direction if interested.

Last edited by Thefullsend; 01-20-2022 at 03:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 01:12 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Just got word that Porsche San Diego has an unspoken for 718 Spyder in PTS Stone Grey with PDK, PCCB's and 18-ways coming in soon. I'd be all over it if I wanted PDK. Beautiful color.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:37 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Some dealers I had emailed in the fall have reached out recently with availability. My GT4 is in production now, so just passing these on. No affiliation.

Princeton, NJ Porsche had (as of last Friday) a configurable GT4 allocation for late spring delivery. $25k ADM. Ask for Kevin Black if interested. THIS HAS BEEN SOLD

Herb Chambers Porsche (Boston, MA) has (as of today) a configurable GTS allocation for late spring delivery. "$20-30k ADM depending on location, potential trade-in, and mode of purchase" (direct quote from SA). Ask for Ali Khadivar.

If anyone does take them up on their allocation, tell them Josh sent you (looking to score a free set of winter floor mats out of it!).

Last edited by nobbyv; 01-20-2022 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:06 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Some dealers I had emailed in the fall have reached out recently with availability. My GT4 is in production now, so just passing these on. No affiliation.

Princeton, NJ Porsche had (as of last Friday) a configurable GT4 allocation for late spring delivery. $25k ADM. Ask for Kevin Black if interested.

Herb Chambers Porsche (Boston, MA) has (as of today) a configurable GTS allocation for late spring delivery. "$20-30k ADM depending on location, potential trade-in, and mode of purchase" (direct quote from SA). Ask for Ali Khadivar.

If anyone does take them up on their allocation, tell them Josh sent you (looking to score a free set of winter floor mats out of it!).

Looks like they increased their prices. I didn't pay anywhere near 25k ADM for my GT4 from princeton.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:27 PM
cougar
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealer pulled the plug (silently)

Princeton, NJ Porsche had (as of last Friday) a configurable GT4 allocation for late spring delivery. $25k ADM. Ask for Kevin Black if interested.

Wow if Herb Chambers is asking this much ADM on a GTS, all of a sudden I don't feel so bad. I got on a list with Porsche Nashua and we had a verbal agreement for a 5K ADM last month on a GTS. Last week SA calls me up and says I'm next on the list asks if we ever talked about ADM (as if he thinks I wouldn't remember). I told him $5K ADM is what we had agreed. He then asks me about vehicle wraps, finance BS etc etc, I told him I would finance if it meant something for the dealer and would think about the wrap. Next day he tells me he can get us going on the deal only to never be heard from again. This was last week, he stopped responding to calls and e-mail. I can understand they want more and more $, but I feel like they've just all gotten so damn greedy now, potential clients are treated like **** until a contract is signed. Anyway its just a car, I think I'm done chasing after it for a while.
The following 3 users liked this post by cougar:
jimdillard (02-12-2022), SmallCapTrader (01-20-2022), Spike Spiegel (01-20-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 11:39 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by cougar
Wow if Herb Chambers is asking this much ADM on a GTS, all of a sudden I don't feel so bad. I got on a list with Porsche Nashua and we had a verbal agreement for a 5K ADM last month on a GTS. Last week SA calls me up and says I'm next on the list asks if we ever talked about ADM (as if he thinks I wouldn't remember). I told him $5K ADM is what we had agreed. He then asks me about vehicle wraps, finance BS etc etc, I told him I would finance if it meant something for the dealer and would think about the wrap. Next day he tells me he can get us going on the deal only to never be heard from again. This was last week, he stopped responding to calls and e-mail. I can understand they want more and more $, but I feel like they've just all gotten so damn greedy now, potential clients are treated like **** until a contract is signed. Anyway its just a car, I think I'm done chasing after it for a while.
That sucks. Make sure you get everything in writing next time. When I got my allocation I had a bill of sale signed.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:42 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

It's stories like this that give SA's a bad rep. It's one thing to add ADM which in a free market is natural whether we like it or not. It's another thing to play these games. When I was shopping around in July 2021, I had one dealer tell me they would sell me the Spyder but wouldn't be able to lock down the price at that point and the price would be determined at the time of delivery based on market conditions. Who in their right mind agrees to business like that? Obviously, I declined the offer and moved on.

I've never worked in the auto sales business so wondering if calling back and working with another SA might get you different results or even waiting until a different GM starts their shift might get you different results.

On a side note, if GM really gets control of the ADM on the new Corvette Z06, it might be a totally smart move on their end because for all of the people that get chased away from the GT4, Spyder, GT4 RS, and GT3 allocations, the Z06 becomes a better and better alternative. One other thing to note that I found out about the Z06 is that obviously they don't have Euro delivery but they have this program where you can go to Kentucky and actually build your own engine that will go in your car. Apparently it was a program that was available probably on their C7 Z06 or ZR1 or whatever and they're planning on bringing it back for the Z06. How cool would it be to build your own engine and be able to put a metal plaque with your own name on the engine?
Old 01-19-2022, 11:45 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

They will not let you build your own Vette engine but I see your overall points.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:54 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
They will not let you build your own Vette engine but I see your overall points.
The program is currently not available but they do for Z06 and ZR1 (previous gen since there is no current gen ZR1 model yet.) Per this website, there is no date of when it will be available again but it is possible.

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/visit.../engine-build/

This is a better youtube video.

Here's a youtube video as well.

Just wanted to update another video I found where the lead development engineer was interviewed for the 2023 Z06 that the customer build your engine program is coming back.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 01-20-2022 at 11:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
G.Irish (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 12:31 AM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
It's stories like this that give SA's a bad rep. It's one thing to add ADM which in a free market is natural whether we like it or not. It's another thing to play these games. When I was shopping around in July 2021, I had one dealer tell me they would sell me the Spyder but wouldn't be able to lock down the price at that point and the price would be determined at the time of delivery based on market conditions. Who in their right mind agrees to business like that? Obviously, I declined the offer and moved on.

I've never worked in the auto sales business so wondering if calling back and working with another SA might get you different results or even waiting until a different GM starts their shift might get you different results.

On a side note, if GM really gets control of the ADM on the new Corvette Z06, it might be a totally smart move on their end because for all of the people that get chased away from the GT4, Spyder, GT4 RS, and GT3 allocations, the Z06 becomes a better and better alternative. One other thing to note that I found out about the Z06 is that obviously they don't have Euro delivery but they have this program where you can go to Kentucky and actually build your own engine that will go in your car. Apparently it was a program that was available probably on their C7 Z06 or ZR1 or whatever and they're planning on bringing it back for the Z06. How cool would it be to build your own engine and be able to put a metal plaque with your own name on the engine?
Agreed on all points. The biggest thing that kinda sours me on the whole GT car deal right now is the lack of transparency and shiftyness. If dealers want to capitalize on a hot market, fine. Just be straightforward about it, none of this changing the deal to squeeze the customer or blowing smoke to try to obfuscate the games they're playing. They're hurting the brand in the long run with what should be a premium experience. It's not good that the people trying to buy some of the most expensive cars for a brand are ending up with bad tastes in their mouths.

I know better than to get my hopes up with GM but it would be a breath of fresh air to see GM successfully crack down on the shenanigans with the Z06. Either way I'm not getting to fussed about it, we've got more options than ever in the high end sports car market.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:53 AM
4nroots
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how big of a factor it is that there are so few new sports cars supplied in manual transmission these days, you have all the remaining MT buyers funneling into only a few brands making allocations harder to get as time goes on for models that still offer MT. This is something that won't mean revert.

Last edited by 4nroots; 01-20-2022 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:04 AM
0-Day
Burning Brakes

Received 751 Likes on 354 Posts

Don't blame the SAs. It's not the SAs putting ADMs on any cars. It's the dealership business manager and/or finance manager. The SA is only communicating the dealership's ask; and he is probably not getting much, if any, of that ADM in his pocket if he actually closes the sale.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:25 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

I hate talking crap about a dealer, as sometimes you run into good people, and sometimes someone is having a bad day. But I won't be buying any cars from Porsche/Audi Nashua after the Audi side tried playing some games when we were looking for a new Audi for my wife (after having bought three cars from them).
Old 01-20-2022, 11:00 AM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

I hate talking crap about a dealer, as sometimes you run into good people, and sometimes someone is having a bad day. But I won't be buying any cars from Porsche/Audi Nashua after the Audi side tried playing some games when we were looking for a new Audi for my wife (after having bought three cars from them).
Yeah, Porsche Nashua is my closest dealer, where I would take my car for service. But nope, huge ADM for me. Efff that and them. I will drive further away to dealers that don't play games. I think dealers like Porsche Nashua forget the "good times" do not last forever.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:24 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Irish
They're hurting the brand in the long run with what should be a premium experience. It's not good that the people trying to buy some of the most expensive cars for a brand are ending up with bad tastes in their mouths.
That's how one should think. But they have proven that it doesn't matter, it's been going on for years. Customers still line up to buy their special cars. Some may shop another brand as a result. The negative consequence of their actions isn't significant enough to change their actions. PAG happy, dealer happy, enough customers are happy.

I had a poor experience on getting my 991.2 GT3 until I finally did from another dealer. But I still line up, though haven't forgotten the poor experience.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker