Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021 | 01:56 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Yep. The dealership is keeping the funds in order to apply it as a trade in to reduce the taxes on the GT3. They call it a pre-trade and it's good with the provincial government as long as both the trade in and purchase of the new car are within 12 months. If I take the money instead, nothing gets applied as a trade in, it's classified as a "sale", so I'd have to pay taxes on the full amount again on the new car.
This is what I was (ineloquently) trying to say earlier in the thread when sharing my experience when I was offered a priority future allocation for pre-trading my Audi on a BGTS in Vancouver area in February. I ended up not needing to do it as an allocation came through with my original dealer. Thanks for explaining it more clearly. I’m sure this info will be helpful to some looking for allocations.

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 08-04-2021 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-04-2021 | 08:43 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rxpert
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! Are you serious?!?!?!?! I don't know the details about how our glorious tax system/government works, so is this 100% confirmed? You made my week if there's no luxury tax for 2022!!!!!!!!
I am by no means a tax or government procedure expert. Some measures from the proposed budget were not included in the budget law, this is required for the budget to be implemented. Luxury Tax is on the list of items that need further consultation. That would seem like it's unlikely for the Luxury Tax to be in place for January 1. I would think they could try and amend the Bill at some future date.

https://home.kpmg/ca/en/home/insight...0-now-law.html

So it would seem it's not a worry at this point in time.
Old 08-04-2021 | 08:46 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

As for allocations, I'm told there are no more allocations for this year. Unless more get released. I've been told that allocations for 718s in general have been low. To focus on GT3. Perhaps also because of the stop sale and issues. I hear there should be allocations for Jan onwards.

Here's hoping there are 2021 allocations coming.
Old 08-04-2021 | 09:48 AM
987SCoupe
Racer

Originally Posted by SToronto
... I'm told there are no more allocations for this year. Unless more get released.
Sounds like a typical weather forecast here!
Old 08-04-2021 | 10:13 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 987SCoupe
Sounds like a typical weather forecast here!
Haha yeah......same old. However, seems true. Been a sh*t year for supply chains, which we know has impacted production.

Porsche is putting in dummy chips then retrofitting them later.
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (08-04-2021)
Old 08-05-2021 | 10:21 PM
Triblack987S
7th Gear

Are you OR or WA? I’m on a PNW dealer allocation list but waiting for a couple more to dribble in and/or buyers to drop so I can place my order.
Old 08-08-2021 | 12:11 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Thought I saw someone mention it in this thread or another, but maybe not:

Porsche of Nashua, NH has three 718 GT cars in stock. on the lot. One used Gentian GT4, a used Miami Blue GT4, and one Guards Red GTS. The GTS isn't on the site, as pointed out to me it may be a customer-ordered car. Asking prices are up there, well over MSRP.

Last edited by nobbyv; 08-09-2021 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2021 | 12:56 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv

Porsche of Nashua, NH has three 718 GT cars in stock. One used Gentian GT4, a new PTS (some sort of teal-ish blue?) GT4, and one Guards Red GTS. The PTS and GTS or not on the site and pricing wasn't posted, so not sure whaty they're asking, but based on the GBM asking price of $145k I would guess hefty ADMs.
GT cars are GT4 and Spyder. GTSs are Boxster and Cayman.

GTS is not a GT car according to Porsche convention.
flynlo (08-08-2021)
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:01 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Edit
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:01 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
GT cars are GT4 and Spyder. GTSs are Boxster and Cayman.

GTS is not a GT car according to Porsche convention.
How sad for us GTS owners. But GTS has it right there in the name "GT"S, no? lol

I actually thought the GTS means GT Sport, ie, a GT car made slightly more sporty/street focused and less track-focused. So sort of a GT car for the street, no? That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
P-car-Vancouver (08-09-2021)
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:02 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nobbyv

Porsche of Nashua, NH has three 718 GT cars in stock. One used Gentian GT4, a new PTS (some sort of teal-ish blue?) GT4, and one Guards Red GTS. The PTS and GTS or not on the site and pricing wasn't posted, so not sure whaty they're asking, but based on the GBM asking price of $145k I would guess hefty ADMs.

​​​​​​In my VERY thorough search for these cars, the NEW cars are likely inbound for customer that ordered them. For some stupid reason(just to make the phone ring I guess), these show up on general searches on Auto Trader,etc. Do you really think a dealer would spec a PTS car for dealer inventory??? The used one, yeah, that is probably a "real" car. The others are likely just "decoys" to get people to call the dealership....and they don't show up on the website because they are not really for sale. I have probably made that call at least 100+ times.
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:07 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
How sad for us GTS owners. But GTS has it right there in the name "GT"S, no? lol

I actually thought the GTS means GT Sport, ie, a GT car made slightly more sporty/street focused and less track-focused. So sort of a GT car for the street, no? That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
They are made in different factroies by different engineering teams.....I think....
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:08 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flynlo
​​​​​​In my VERY thorough search for these cars, the NEW cars are likely inbound for customer that ordered them. For some stupid reason(just to make the phone ring I guess), these show up on general searches on Auto Trader,etc. Do you really think a dealer would spec a PTS car for dealer inventory??? The used one, yeah, that is probably a "real" car. The others are likely just "decoys" to get people to call the dealership....and they don't show up on the website because they are not really for sale. I have probably made that call at least 100+ times.
My SA told me (complained to me, actually) about that. He said the cars automatically show up as inventory even though they are customer-ordered cars. Seems it's an automated system.
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:09 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flynlo
They are made in different factroies by different engineering teams.....I think....
Is that true? THAT'S a big difference and really bursts my bubble.
Old 08-08-2021 | 01:21 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Is that true? THAT'S a big difference and really bursts my bubble.
Pretty sure. But someone else can confirm. Porsche Motorsports is a different division....kinda like AMG is to Mercedes. Different factory. Different engineers. All of the GT cars are made at the Porsche Motorsports facility. The 718 Spyder is the first Spyder to be built there. It was previously not considered a GT car as the 981 had Boxster GTS underpinnings with a bigger engine(and of course body panels, wheels, etc). I think the 987 was a badge and body panel package with a very slightly massaged engine(10hp I think)...but still the same engine as the S. Again, I am a new student to Porsche. Do not take my word for truth but I think I am close.

Last edited by flynlo; 08-08-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker