Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 05:13 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,865 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
Hmm, that would be interesting if that color was released for the next batch of allocations. I found the spyder in shark blue, and I dont think it works on that car for some reason, but the 981 GT4 in voodoo which is very similar to shark blue looks great.
MY22 color release, so have a few months till those allocations hit.
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 06:28 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
That is a really cool color! I’m sure they will charge a good premium for that to preserve the exclusivity
It's going to be a $2.6k "Special Color" like Python, Carmine, or Chalk.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:30 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
Hmm, that would be interesting if that color was released for the next batch of allocations. I found the spyder in shark blue, and I dont think it works on that car for some reason, but the 981 GT4 in voodoo which is very similar to shark blue looks great.
It's a MY 2022 color. I think it will look awesome on all 718 4.0 models.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:18 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,495 Likes on 833 Posts
Thumbs up

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Guys I hope I'm posting this on the right Thread.

Well it's March 1st 2021 guys so just maybe sometime this month things will be for us "Still-Waiting" good News.

Terry
P-car-Vancouver (03-01-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 12:19 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

With MY22 being 99.9% guaranteed that eliminates the worry of not getting one so a lot of first world problems stress is gone and I don't care when the allocation happens now.

An allocation this month MY21 sounds almost guaranteed also and that should be an end of summer delivery date which works out great for driving it this year.

If it takes awhile still for some unknown reason MY22 might mean fall delivery or later which still has potential to be driven before it snows but eliminates taking it into the mountains.... but if its MY22 I'm thinking I should probably take advantage of the new color, redo my entire build, and do shark blue. I like medium blues (Sapphire blue was my favourite color when it was out).
P-car-Vancouver (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 11:38 AM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Received 408 Likes on 190 Posts

i heard that production might open up around May/June. possibly looking like early/late fall deliveries for the US. my search for an allocation 2.5 weeks ago only resulted to one dealer having an EV200 car. they have since told me that it was taken. might have to resort to getting one from the limited supply in the US.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:57 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,096 Likes on 481 Posts

This allocation thread has got me a little nervous. I specced my GT4 and put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago, shook hands with the salesman and everything went as smoothly as if it’s a done deal, no talk of allocations being limited and an estimated delivery of July/August. At the time everything seemed a foregone conclusion and still does.

I do live in Australia tho, and the car is literally twice as expensive here as it is in North America so maybe that’s a factor? I figured if they come off the same production line that this allocation garbage would be a worldwide problem? I’m new to this game so hopefully I don’t end up getting screwed here, but multiple sales people at multiple dealers all told me the same thing, place order. Wait 6 months. Get car.

Is this allocation mess a North America specific problem or is the same crap happening in Europe as well? I know GT3 allocations are a completely different story but my impression was that pretty much anyone who ordered one could get a 718 GT4.

Last edited by Reedy; 03-02-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:38 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,865 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Originally Posted by Reedy
This allocation thread has got me a little nervous. I specced my GT4 and put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago, shook hands with the salesman and everything went as smoothly as if it’s a done deal, no talk of allocations being limited and an estimated delivery of July/August. At the time everything seemed a foregone conclusion and still does.

I do live in Australia tho, and the car is literally twice as expensive here as it is in North America so maybe that’s a factor? I figured if they come off the same production line that this allocation garbage would be a worldwide problem? I’m new to this game so hopefully I don’t end up getting screwed here, but multiple sales people at multiple dealers all told me the same thing, place order. Wait 6 months. Get car.

Is this allocation mess a North America specific problem or is the same crap happening in Europe as well? I know GT3 allocations are a completely different story but my impression was that pretty much anyone who ordered one could get a 718 GT4.
With your deposit and "allocation" you should have received a commission number (check your build sheet) and a reasonable SA would have printed out your estimated V code dates to delivery. Don't believe these things are region specific. Allocation date is the build date.

You might be good to go, or simply now in line for some future allocation.

These cars share the Stuttgart Zuffenhausen line with 992s and Taycans (some Cayman overflow in Finland) so allocations become a line scheduling issue as there is simply a factory limit on model/trim being produced. Same discussions for 992s different trim levels and allocation searching.

I expect there will be 2022s simply as there is no 718 replacement in sight -- but how many Spyder/GT4/GTS allocations with GT3/GT4RS production going full tilt.. It's anyone's guess.

Good luck.
Reedy (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 01:13 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 308 Posts

New to the thread and the entire process so reading lots and lots

My dealer told me I get the "very next" allocation on a Spyder, he's expecting them to appear this week or next. I have my "code" set, car spec'd out, he's got it all - told him to jam it in as soon as it opens up.

Normally I'd have already left a deposit but he told me not to worry about it (first "new" Porsche for me but this will be the 5th one purchased from him so I trust him.) I'm excited, going to be a long wait. I'm in my mid-40s now - I used to ride my bicycle to this dealership when I was 9-10 years old... always a dream to "custom order" one from them. Clock is ticking as the wife and I are leaving this godforsaken state once our son finishes HS - so it was now or never!
Old 03-02-2021, 01:24 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
New to the thread and the entire process so reading lots and lots

My dealer told me I get the "very next" allocation on a Spyder, he's expecting them to appear this week or next. I have my "code" set, car spec'd out, he's got it all - told him to jam it in as soon as it opens up.

Normally I'd have already left a deposit but he told me not to worry about it (first "new" Porsche for me but this will be the 5th one purchased from him so I trust him.) I'm excited, going to be a long wait. I'm in my mid-40s now - I used to ride my bicycle to this dealership when I was 9-10 years old... always a dream to "custom order" one from them. Clock is ticking as the wife and I are leaving this godforsaken state once our son finishes HS - so it was now or never!
Good luck on the Spyder allocation, your going to love it!

Curious, which state? (no location set in your profile)
Old 03-02-2021, 01:30 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Good luck on the Spyder allocation, your going to love it!

Curious, which state? (no location set in your profile)
Currently Chicago area.

I was on the fence for a while. I autocross a lot, and having driven the 981 GT4 a lot, and several of the 2.5L turbo 718s.... really figured a 2.5 car would be the ideal. But I just don't "love" them. Better tool for the job but it would be much more "tool" purchase than "passion" purchase. IMO, for the money I'd be spending, I'd better LOVE it.

Dealer initially offered me an allocation on a GTS... but after spending some time in the configurator, figured out I could do an acceptable Spyder build out for less than $4k difference to the GTS I'd spec'd. But my experience with the 981 GT4 still left me leery - I find the 3.8 in the 981 to be surprisingly "soft" in the midrange - where I'd be spending a lot of time when autocrossing.

As fate would have it, while at the dealer this past Saturday, another customer was there who had JUST taken delivery of a new 718 Spyder a few days prior - and offered to take me for a ride. We made it about 300 yards down the road and I knew I was sunk... and was already figuring out how I was going to explain to the wife that I was going to agree to a $110,000 purchase lol...

While the 4.0 wants to be wound up - 3500-5000rpm range the car felt really strong. HUGE improvement IMO over the old 3.8.
The following 2 users liked this post by daaa nope:
UncleDude (03-03-2021), Westcoast (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 01:32 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Currently Chicago area.

I was on the fence for a while. I autocross a lot, and having driven the 981 GT4 a lot, and several of the 2.5L turbo 718s.... really figured a 2.5 car would be the ideal. But I just don't "love" them. Better tool for the job but it would be much more "tool" purchase than "passion" purchase. IMO, for the money I'd be spending, I'd better LOVE it.

Dealer initially offered me an allocation on a GTS... but after spending some time in the configurator, figured out I could do an acceptable Spyder build out for less than $4k difference to the GTS I'd spec'd. But my experience with the 981 GT4 still left me leery - I find the 3.8 in the 981 to be surprisingly "soft" in the midrange - where I'd be spending a lot of time when autocrossing.

As fate would have it, while at the dealer this past Saturday, another customer was there who had JUST taken delivery of a new 718 Spyder a few days prior - and offered to take me for a ride. We made it about 300 yards down the road and I knew I was sunk... and was already figuring out how I was going to explain to the wife that I was going to agree to a $110,000 purchase lol...

While the 4.0 wants to be wound up - 3500-5000rpm range the car felt really strong. HUGE improvement IMO over the old 3.8.
I left Chicago 2.5 years ago and don't regret it for a second... just in tax savings alone I can afford two porsches lol

really excited for allocations to come out, I'm also #1 on a list for a GT4 and ready to go
Old 03-02-2021, 01:37 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by smegman
I left Chicago 2.5 years ago and don't regret it for a second... just in tax savings alone I can afford two porsches lol

really excited for allocations to come out, I'm also #1 on a list for a GT4 and ready to go
We are counting the days. Grew up here. Left for a few years, came back with a wife and a family... and we regret it. Don't want to uproot the kiddo since his entire school-years life has been here. But we are counting the days. 17 months to go.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:51 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

We are counting the days. Grew up here. Left for a few years, came back with a wife and a family... and we regret it. Don't want to uproot the kiddo since his entire school-years life has been here. But we are counting the days. 17 months to go.

best of luck to you and your family!
Old 03-03-2021, 11:09 AM
AZWCat
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

Currently Chicago area.

Do you plan to autocross the Spyder? Are you going to spec buckets and add a harness bar and harnesses? I ask because I considered this but didn’t find a harness bar available.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker