Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 07:20 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Anybody know Canadian dealers with 2021 allocations or early 2022?
Only way, in my opinion. is to call them all and get on a list.
I was on list with 3 different dealers in Vancouver, and got allocation in March for a BGTS. They all called me within 30 min of each other so allocations must’ve dropped all at the same time. I went with my original dealer Porsche Centre Vancouver, as I had a relationship with them having purchased 2 prior cars from them.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:25 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,030 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreer78
So if you place an order demand with a dealer, where do you get the Vxxx updates? Looks like I'm at v070? When I put my deposit down I didn't get papers like shown above, only a printout of my build and a sheet with the car and pricing... The way these things are handled leaves a lot to be desired.
Your SA has to print his screen or take a pic and email you that. You'll be V070 until you actually get an allocation. And THAT is the scariest waiting game since you are not sure if you are buying a car until that happens.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
P-car-Vancouver (07-28-2021), sgreer78 (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 07:34 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by sgreer78
So if you place an order demand with a dealer, where do you get the Vxxx updates? Looks like I'm at v070? When I put my deposit down I didn't get papers like shown above, only a printout of my build and a sheet with the car and pricing... The way these things are handled leaves a lot to be desired.
There are no V code dates associated with an order demand other than V070. It’s not a buildable allocation so no dates.

If they did an order demand for you it usually means they’re somewhat serious about getting you an allocation.

Next time your dealer gets an allocation he should give you a call.
The following users liked this post:
sgreer78 (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 11:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Only way, in my opinion. is to call them all and get on a list.
I was on list with 3 different dealers in Vancouver, and got allocation in March for a BGTS. They all called me within 30 min of each other so allocations must’ve dropped all at the same time. I went with my original dealer Porsche Centre Vancouver, as I had a relationship with them having purchased 2 prior cars from them.
I'm thinking of trading my 718 Spyder. Hearing no more allocation for 2021 at the moment. Next should come for Jan builds.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:02 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

I'm thinking of trading my 718 Spyder. Hearing no more allocation for 2021 at the moment. Next should come for Jan builds.
If you pre trade your Spyder, I was told by one of the local dealers that that will give you priority for getting an allocation, as by law (here in BC, not sure about rest of Canada) they have to get you a car within a year. Worth asking about it.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:10 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,030 Likes on 1,745 Posts

If you pre trade your Spyder, I was told by one of the local dealers that that will give you priority for getting an allocation, as by law (here in BC, not sure about rest of Canada) they have to get you a car within a year. Worth asking about it.
I have a friend who pre traded in and was told that the sales tax credit expires within a year, not that they have to get you the car. Think about it, the dealer doesn't control allocations.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:19 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,804 Likes on 986 Posts

Wow didn't know that was a thing in bc. Who enforces that because other provinces have government organizations that only deal with car industry violations like OMVIC and AMVIC and even they are hard to convince there is a violation, but I don't think BC has any specific governing body that is automotive focused?
Old 07-29-2021, 01:19 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I have a friend who pre traded in and was told that the sales tax credit expires within a year, not that they have to get you the car. Think about it, the dealer doesn't control allocations.
I agree with you. The way it was explained to me is that you will jump up to a higher spot, even right to the top, on their wait list as you are higher priority than other people on the list, because you pre-traded. I agree you are still at the mercy of the allocation coming from PAG, but at least you are more likely to get one… This is in Vancouver Canada. Might be different in US.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:28 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by Zhao
Wow didn't know that was a thing in bc. Who enforces that because other provinces have government organizations that only deal with car industry violations like OMVIC and AMVIC and even they are hard to convince there is a violation, but I don't think BC has any specific governing body that is automotive focused?
Not sure about how it is enforced. I was told that by a SA at a dealer I inquired at in February when I was getting worried about not getting an allocation after 4 months on the list at V070 at my original dealer, as a way to try and guarantee that I get an allocation. He asked me if I would be willing to pre-trade my Audi S3. So this second hand info, but I believe it’s correct. I did end up with 3 offers for an allocation in March from 3 dealers lists I was on and went with my original dealer, and did not need to pre-trade in the end.

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 07-29-2021 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:49 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

I literally did this less than a week ago with my GT4. Although I’m unaware of any laws, the GM gave me his absolute word that he’d guarantee me a GT3 allocation within 12 months so I don’t lose the tax credit. He was ecstatic to get a lightly used GT car that he could sell for over MSRP in this market and said he’d return the favor by bumping me to the top of the GT3 list.

Last edited by Rxpert; 07-29-2021 at 02:03 AM.
P-car-Vancouver (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 01:56 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

Deleted….realized this was the GTS/GT4/Spyder forum and not the 992 GT3 one.

Last edited by Rxpert; 07-29-2021 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:38 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,804 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
I literally did this less than a week ago with my GT4. Although I’m unaware of any laws, the GM gave me his absolute word that he’d guarantee me a GT3 allocation within 12 months so I don’t lose the tax credit. He was ecstatic to get a lightly used GT car that he could sell for over MSRP in this market and said he’d return the favor by bumping me to the top of the GT3 list.
That is a huge perk jumping the line like that, and amazing perk if it gets delivered before the new luxury tax. Basically means you save 30-50k or whatever premium a first run GT3 is going to get on the 'used' market by Canadian flippers + potentially the new luxury tax + the tax credit, and all it cost you was trading in your old gt car which I am assuming you're still getting pretty good trade in value on.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:06 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Yep that's what they say but won't guarantee my position in the bucket. I'm not sure if there is a law in Ontario like that. I want a car by Spring for DE season.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:08 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Yep that should work out. I want a car by Spring, which they aren't guaranteeing but indicating it should be possible. So a bit risky.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:32 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zhao
That is a huge perk jumping the line like that, and amazing perk if it gets delivered before the new luxury tax. Basically means you save 30-50k or whatever premium a first run GT3 is going to get on the 'used' market by Canadian flippers + potentially the new luxury tax + the tax credit, and all it cost you was trading in your old gt car which I am assuming you're still getting pretty good trade in value on.
Luxury Tax did not make the budget bill (which is now law). So I don't think it's coming for Jan 2022.
P-car-Vancouver (08-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker