Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 07:25 PM
the6
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My SA called me and I got an allocation as well - MY22. The print out shows V200 and a commission number.

The build locks late July, and entry into body shop 1 week later.

One unfortunate thing I noticed in the tracking data is that the car will sit at the port in Emden (I assume waiting for a ship) for 3 weeks. Emden to Port Benicia is another 4 weeks.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 07:46 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by the6
My SA called me and I got an allocation as well - MY22. The print out shows V200 and a commission number.

The build locks late July, and entry into body shop 1 week later.

One unfortunate thing I noticed in the tracking data is that the car will sit at the port in Emden (I assume waiting for a ship) for 3 weeks. Emden to Port Benicia is another 4 weeks.
Which model are you getting?
Old 05-15-2021, 07:49 PM
the6
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Which model are you getting?
Oops, I forgot the most important piece of info - it is a GT4.
TikiLou (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 09:22 PM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Received 607 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro
Will be 72 hours as of lunchtime today. Not going to name names, but **** poor service. I would've been willing to hang around if they'd responded in a reasonable time with 'no allocations yet' or some other brief status update. Instead, I'm supposed to be 'next in line', but radio silence when allocations are dropping, this is the second time. If they don't get back in touch WRT my refundable deposit soon, I will head up the food chain.
48ish more hours, never did hear back from the SA, but money was deposited back to my account. I'll be taking all future business elsewhere.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:23 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro
48ish more hours, never did hear back from the SA, but money was deposited back to my account. I'll be taking all future business elsewhere.
Its tough dealing with a large city dealer where they honestly do not care about an individual customer, when the next one is around the corner.

you mentioned you’re hoping to pay MSRP. I thought you got an allocation from a different dealer. Did not not discuss this will be sold at MSRP?
Old 05-15-2021, 11:58 PM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Received 607 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Its tough dealing with a large city dealer where they honestly do not care about an individual customer, when the next one is around the corner.

you mentioned you’re hoping to pay MSRP. I thought you got an allocation from a different dealer. Did not not discuss this will be sold at MSRP?
Yes, both were MSRP. To clarify, I put down a refundable $5000 at a local dealer a couple months ago, was supposed to be 'first in line' for the next allocation they received, but after the second iteration of slow communication from the big city dealer 'brand ambassador', I reached out to a recommended out of state dealer and got one. If the guy can't answer a ~once per month text or a call within a business day, when allocations are dropping, I have no confidence I'm actually at the front of the line.

Today I found my $5000 deposit refunded, meanwhile there has been zero other form of communication since I contacted the big city dealer for an allocation update on Tuesday. I find the refund coupled with identically zero other communication to be bizarre.

I'm V200 right now, with a smaller deposit at the out of state dealer, looking forward to getting this ride & road tripping it home. So far, I'm very happy with my experience with the out of state dealer. But given the long timeline, engine replacements, and covid insanity, I'll declare success only after I'm driving it home.

Last edited by enduro; 05-16-2021 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:12 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

It is utterly amazing the difference in customer service one can receive amongst dealers.
tigerhonaker (05-16-2021)
Old 05-16-2021, 12:21 AM
JCZ5
Pro

@enduro Good to hear there was somewhat of a happy ending. I’m in the same boat, waited 5 months for this allocation after regretting turning down a Spyder allocation months before. Now the long wait till my September build. Too bad it will be nice and cold by the time I get my GT4. But I’m today’s climate, I’m at least glad I got one and can’t be too choosy on when build will take place.

You would think we would have seen more GT4/Spyder allocations earlier in the year with build dates in the Spring for Spring/Summer deliveries.

I am jealous of a previous member who said he got an allocation the in latest round and has a build date in July.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:25 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
@enduro Good to hear there was somewhat of a happy ending. I’m in the same boat, waited 5 months for this allocation after regretting turning down a Spyder allocation months before. Now the long wait till my September build. Too bad it will be nice and cold by the time I get my GT4. But I’m today’s climate, I’m at least glad I got one and can’t be too choosy on when build will take place.

You would think we would have seen more GT4/Spyder allocations earlier in the year with build dates in the Spring for Spring/Summer deliveries.

I am jealous of a previous member who said he got an allocation the in latest round and has a build date in July.
How can you go from wanting a Spyder to getting a GT4? For me I have to have a drop-top, no what matter what, and I thought everyone was the same in regards to wanting one over the other...just curious.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:41 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
I’m not jealous your 2022 will be here before my 2021 with a new engine. Nope, not jealous at all….

I’m glad to see allocations coming in for people, I hope they make enough for everyone that wants one! I would go shark blue without a doubt if I was starting over again.
ha ha can't agree more... I do appreciate the 8 year warrantee and wish that I had that for my other 21 Spyder I bought off the lot...Shark blue too.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:36 AM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
How can you go from wanting a Spyder to getting a GT4? For me I have to have a drop-top, no what matter what, and I thought everyone was the same in regards to wanting one over the other...just curious.
Very good question, I struggled with which I liked more and I constantly flipped back and forth. In reality, the GT4 had a slight edge due to it being more usable.

But as you recall, I did get a Spyder allocation back in March and this was before any mention of chip / supply chain shortage. I turned it down just to roll the dice and see if a GT4 would come up. I always assumed there would be another Spyder allocation since I was #1 on their Spyder list.

However, the shortage came and at one point, it was not even clear I would get an allocation this year. I then told my dealer I would take whichever came first, and leave it to fate. I guess it worked out as a GT4 allocation came first and much sooner than I expected 😉

Old 05-17-2021, 12:30 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
While I am mostly in agreement with your sentiment, I struggled with this as well. I am ultimately a convertible person. But I went through all of the mental gyrations and at one point, thought I was going the Cayman GTS/GT4 route. I loved Miami Blue and ultimately turned down a very well spec'd MB Cayman GTS. MSRP on it was $105k. The dealer said they would take $97k(NY dealer in the middle of winter and before the **** hit the fan). When I turned that down, that is when I absolutely knew I had to have a drop top. Had that been a Boxster GTS in the same exact spec at the same/similar price, that is what I would be driving right now. BUT....it was not to be and in time realized how very special the Spyder is and am absoutely thrilled I went through all of the mental gymnastics to get to this point. It will be Shark Blue and cannot wait.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:15 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm excited for ALL you guys....

Only hope Porsche doesn't run out of Shark Blue paint
flynlo (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 10:08 PM
CaptainFin
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Have had a GT4 on my radar for about a year but was contently living under a rock in regards to both supply and demand until a couple of weeks ago. Have called 3 dealers. 2 of which wouldn't even add a local customer (a range of about 100 miles) to an allocation wait list. Would be grateful if anyone is interested in sharing the name of a friendly dealer. PM is fine if you'd prefer to keep private.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:56 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Check the for sale section. There is a 2020 Gentian Blue GT4 for sale at a very reasonable price. He just posted it today. I would highly suggest you jump on it if you're really interested. Being a 2020 it is 6MT.....I wouldn't let that car pass me by if I were in the market for a GT4.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker