Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021 | 01:06 PM
LnC993
Pro

Looks like PCNA changed things a bit. Instead of distribute allocations quarterly, now they distribute biannually. All remaining MY22 GT3 allocations were handed out and I guess it would be the same for rest of MY22 718s.

If this is correct that means this is the the last of 718 GT4 allocations. ☹️
Old 11-03-2021 | 01:06 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
People who are in the market today and need a new car are paying ADMs on Kias and Hyudais
Hmmm, need, I would think that in all but the most unusual situation you could probably buy a used car to fit your needs!

I don't see how buying a any Porsche is a 'need' either and that is why the dealers in the US can get away with ADM's, we are firmly in the 'want' arena here...
Old 11-03-2021 | 01:12 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Hmmm, need, I would think that in all but the most unusual situation you could probably buy a used car to fit your needs!

I don't see how buying a any Porsche is a 'need' either and that is why the dealers in the US can get away with ADM's, we are firmly in the 'want' arena here...
Not talking about the Porsche being a need. I said some need a new car. Say your car was totaled in a wreck. Your choices now are to buy a used car with an over inflated price but no "ADM" or a new car with an "ADM". You have no choice but to pay an inflated price now on a new or used car if you are in the market. Some how this was lost on you and you went to "needing a Porsche"
The following users liked this post:
flynlo (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021 | 01:22 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
Not talking about the Porsche being a need. I said some need a new car. Say your car was totaled in a wreck. Your choices now are to buy a used car with an over inflated price but no "ADM" or a new car with an "ADM". You have no choice but to pay an inflated price now on a new or used car if you are in the market. Some how this was lost on you and you went to "needing a Porsche"
Except this is in an allocation thread for Porsche... buying a car, any car is a choice, none of is is lost on me except how buying a Kia or Hyundai relates or possibly supports paying ADM on a Porsche.

Paying ADM is being accepted by a some folks here as required, their choice so lets carry on...

tigerhonaker (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021 | 02:12 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Buying a Porsche at all is very close to “as silly” as paying ADM, to many people. Nothing to see here.
Old 11-03-2021 | 02:37 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Adrift
Buying a Porsche at all is very close to “as silly” as paying ADM, to many people. Nothing to see here.
I think you are on to something ..................

But .................

I sure love it when I Fire-Up the New GT4 sitting in my garage and knowing the Damn Wait Crap is over-with.

A needed necessity ???
Not to this guy but as I said I sure do Love my New Guy-Toy !!!

A Happy Camper guys,
Terry
Spyder Bite (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021 | 02:57 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Except this is in an allocation thread for Porsche... buying a car, any car is a choice, none of is is lost on me except how buying a Kia or Hyundai relates or possibly supports paying ADM on a Porsche.

Paying ADM is being accepted by a some folks here as required, their choice so lets carry on...
Ok, thanks for playing semantic games
Old 11-03-2021 | 03:07 PM
ausgang
Racer

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I think you are on to something ..................

A Happy Camper guys,
Terry
Terry, it has been a fun ride following the process as you went through it.

I've had my customer demand order in since the middle of last January. I doubt too many on RL have waited longer, but one never knows. (Not exactly something to brag about). I've been 'first in line' for a while now. I hope the guy behind got his too. He put his demand order in only 2 weeks behind me.

Well, guess what!? I got the call last night while my wife and I were watching Yellowstone. My dealer got the allocation for my build, so I am meeting with my 'Certified Brand Ambasador' tomorrow to go over everything. My spec is already up-to-date in their system, but we'll verify everything and I suppose it will be time to put down the deposit for my March build GT4.

All the clocks have slowed down dramatically since last night.....
The following 7 users liked this post by ausgang:
843Spyder (11-03-2021), Adrift (11-03-2021), IrwinMFletcher (11-03-2021), JBM718GTS (11-03-2021), kwikit356 (11-03-2021), nobbyv (11-03-2021), smegman (11-03-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-03-2021 | 03:25 PM
cpxchewy
Advanced

I can't tell if my dealer is BSing me or they really haven't gotten allocations, but I asked yesterday and they said that they still haven't received any allocations since May. I put down my deposit back in March and while I'm not first, I definitely would have expected some movement up the list by now...

It's pretty frustrating tbh. I'm not in a hurry (I'm fortunately enough to have an amazing M2C) besides the fact that GT4 production might end. If I know that I'm not going to get it I feel like I should get on the list for a GTS 4.0 and get a new BRZ to turn into a track car...
Old 11-03-2021 | 03:35 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ausgang
Terry, it has been a fun ride following the process as you went through it.

I've had my customer demand order in since the middle of last January. I doubt too many on RL have waited longer, but one never knows. (Not exactly something to brag about). I've been 'first in line' for a while now. I hope the guy behind got his too. He put his demand order in only 2 weeks behind me.

Well, guess what!? I got the call last night while my wife and I were watching Yellowstone. My dealer got the allocation for my build, so I am meeting with my 'Certified Brand Ambasador' tomorrow to go over everything. My spec is already up-to-date in their system, but we'll verify everything and I suppose it will be time to put down the deposit for my March build GT4.

All the clocks have slowed down dramatically since last night.....
ausgang,

Congratulations on your Allocation being Confirmed.

Just a suggestion my Rennlist internet buddy.

Make damn sure you don't leave even the smallest option off.
Seriously, go over the Final-Build with your wife if she's part of the process and look Super-Closely at every option.

Cathy and I did that ^^^ even after as **** as I am and I had been over mine multiple times already.
I found two things that we both agreed to go ahead and add to the build.
The Center Console where an option is adding the name PORSCHE Embossed on it.
And we both also agreed to spend the monies and go for the Racing-Yellow Keys.

Also ..................
If you go with wheels other than Black ???
These Porsche optional OEM wheel caps look Great in person.

Once we actually took delivery we both were glad we added those two additional items.

So my Good-Man, seriously, go over your build again and do it Super Slowly & Careful !!!

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-03-2021 at 03:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
adsingl (11-03-2021), confused66 (11-03-2021), kwikit356 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021 | 03:41 PM
GT4Kevin
Instructor

I was first in line at my dealership for an MSRP allocation, I have it in writing as well, now they said due to market demands they are looking adding crazy ADM so I said no. They said okay and that there's 18 people with deposits waiting anyways, what a joke!
Old 11-03-2021 | 03:53 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GT4Kevin
I was first in line at my dealership for an MSRP allocation, I have it in writing as well, now they said due to market demands they are looking adding crazy ADM so I said no.

They said okay and that there's 18 people with deposits waiting anyways, what a joke!
Kevin,

My 55-years of experience and dealing over those years with multiple dealerships this is my take.
If a person keeps the following at the Front-of-Their-Mind they will always be on Top of dealing with any and all Dealerships.
Dealerships are all about 1-thing and that 1-thing is ...............
The Net Profit ............
Customers fall Far-far-far away from that I promise you.
All the crap they talk when your buying/purchasing will soon go by the way-side if they see how they can improve the bottom-line on the vehicle your involved with buying/purchasing.

They are totally Unethical, absolutely Ruthless on improving that Net-Bottom-Line profit.

And before someone jumps on here and says I've lost my ever loving mind about my take on car dealers.
If your experience or experiences have been Totally-Awesome I'm glad for you.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-03-2021 at 03:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
GT4Kevin (11-03-2021), josephr25 (11-04-2021)
Old 11-03-2021 | 06:10 PM
Valeyard
Instructor

After calling over 130 dealers in the US in August as a remote(I am in pnw) and first time Porsche buyer (getting the full spectrum of post covid dealer responses), and putting down a lot of deposits, I just received a msrp gt4 allocation today from an East coast dealer. The actual production date is currently expected to be in April 2022. Looking back, it's a very inefficient system but there are some MSRP allocations out there and calling around absolutely helps. The allocations are not evenly distributed based on the distribution of potential gt4 buyers and there are localized hot spots and cold spots that one can discover and leverage to increase their chance of getting an allocation.

Last edited by Valeyard; 11-03-2021 at 06:18 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Valeyard:
adsingl (11-03-2021), G.Irish (11-03-2021), krotondo (11-03-2021), LnC993 (11-03-2021), palja04 (11-04-2021)
Old 11-03-2021 | 06:55 PM
Couchsachraga
Rennlist Member

I"m curious - has anyone head of any BGTS allocations appearing? I've not heard from my SA yet... I may be taking over Ausgang's longest wait soon if something doesn't come through (on the list since March for me).
Old 11-03-2021 | 07:35 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Already on 2 lists 3 and 4 in line at msrp but was offered a April build for spyder at $22,000 over MSRP I thought long and hard for a couple hours but did not pull the trigger I dont know if I will end up regretting that decision or not. But I really dont know how many dealers will even hold true to there word to sell these cars at msrp with the way things are going right now.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker