Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taycan Reviews and Videos

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2019 | 07:31 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Snap - Firstly, I'm sick of the mind numbing Teslarati type drivel continually posted by Tesla fanboys in a Porsche forum - suggestion, go and find a Tesla forum - you can whinge to your hearts content about the Taycan and its price over there.

Secondly, I get sick and tired of the stupidity and ignorance around the political underpinning of EVs - again espoused by many Tesla owners on here - suggestion to those that want to understand climate, go and get a hard science degree from a global top ten University, work with source data, understand error magnification, the impact of starting and finishing constraints on fast fourier transform models, the use of directional 3 dimensional kriging on the ouptputs of hard and soft constrained predictive numerical models etc etc.

Privilege - that made me laugh, so you think I'm "privileged". Tell me, what sort of privilege is that - education privilege, white privilege, hereditary privilege, age privilege, height privilege - being a Tesla owner you obviously like to attach labels to people - always good to identify your targets in advance - sounds like I need to stop wearing prescription sun glasses - wouldn't want to be simultaneously targeted as an "intellectual" and a "dilettante" at the same time - Mao and Pot were good at that sort of thing. Really good to see Hanoi Jane back in action...........

Of course, the implication of your usage of the term "privilege" is you're not privileged - which probably explains why you're not buying a Turbo S

Perhaps "privilege" is actually something really simple and now "old fashioned" - success through effective hard work combined with effective and efficient use of the ECMs. Through the prism of success all else is relative.

Enjoy your Model 3P - I'll stick with quality thanks.

Back to regular programming..............

Another great review of the Taycan -"Game changing Porsche Taycan redefines electric performance"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterly.../#5f5710ed205f

Last edited by groundhog; 11-28-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2019 | 07:42 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
Snap - I'm sick of the mind numbing Telarati type drivel continually posted by Tesla fanboys in a Porsche forum. Secondly, I get sick and tired of the stupidity and ignorance around the political underpinning of EVs - again espoused by many Tesla owners on here.

Privilege - that made me laugh, so you think I'm "privileged". Tell me, what sort of privilege is that - education privilege, white privilege, hereditary privilege, age privilege, height privilege - being a Tesla owner you obviously like to attach labels to people. Perhaps its actually something really simple and now "old fashioned" - success through effective hard work combined with effective and efficient use of the ECMs.

Enjoy your Model 3P - I'll stick with quality thanks.

Back to regular programming..............

Another great review of the Taycan -"Game changing Porsche Taycan redefines electric performance"

Oh, if only you actually had me and other Tesla owners figured out like you think you do. It really makes me laugh. Keep looking down your nose at those you feel are your inferior to you in intellect, work ethic and morals. We'll clearly never make it to your level that's for sure. We're just commoners who use labels to rail against those by whom we feel oppressed.

No I don't think you're privileged at all. You just act that way.

Old 11-28-2019 | 08:51 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Oh, if only you actually had me and other Tesla owners figured out like you think you do. It really makes me laugh. Keep looking down your nose at those you feel are your inferior to you in intellect, work ethic and morals. We'll clearly never make it to your level that's for sure. We're just commoners who use labels to rail against those by whom we feel oppressed.

No I don't think you're privileged at all. You just act that way.

No need to figure Tesla owners out, their posts are there for all to see. In regard to everything else - join a Tesla forum, you'll enjoy the echo chamber

Once again back to regular programming

Old 11-28-2019 | 09:31 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No need to figure Tesla owners out, their posts are there for all to see. In regard to everything else - join a Tesla forum, you'll enjoy the echo chamber

Once again back to regular programming

Nah, I think I’ll stay. Last time I checked, my Porsches outnumbered the Tesla 2:1. You’re right about the Tesla forums, they can be a bit of an echo chamber. Must be why my opinions there are often met with resistance.

You seem to think that i and the other Tesla owners are somehow upset or even surprised by positive Taycan reviews. Proof that you really don’t have things figured out like you believe. Oh well. Keep posting those positive Taycan reviews. I do enjoy reading them.
Old 11-29-2019 | 01:30 PM
Dyefrog
Racer

Lol, of course the general public understand EVs - that’s why they’re not rushing out and buying them..
Your comments are an endless supply of entertainment. Rarely do we get to see the complete and utter denial and confirmation bias slowly dissolve, month after month, while defiantly crossing of arms and shaking of head.
Model 3 in California now outsells the Toyota Camry. And Tesla is shifting some US deliveries overseas. Demand still exceeds supply. Based on the inventory sitting on legacy car makers lots, they're not rushing out to buy ICEV's.

https://www.northhollywoodtoyota.com...a/?model=camry

Model 3 inventory stands at about 0.

https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/...0210&range=200

I suppose a more correct statement would have been,
"Lol, of course the general public understand EVs - that’s why they’re not rushing out and buying NON-TESLA'S.."

You may think California is but one data point and biased towards EV's so not really a true gauge of interest but as California goes, so does the nation. It's just a matter of time.
This is also further disproof of your blind obsession since the US as developed countries go, are not nearly as supportive as some of the European markets.
Additionally, Tesla's federal tax credit is about to wind down to $0 in a month and if past performance is indicative of future trends, sales will increase. How's that for logical reasoning.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dyefrog:
svp6 (11-29-2019), whiz944 (11-29-2019)
Old 11-29-2019 | 02:49 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

This Tesla fan-boy vs. Tesla skeptic banter is pathetic and childish to have in a Taycan forum.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Roberts:
4pipes (11-29-2019), Rollep (11-29-2019)
Old 11-29-2019 | 02:59 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Originally Posted by Dyefrog
Model 3 in California now outsells the Toyota Camry.
Do you have a citation for that? The video you linked to shows that from Jan-Sept, Camry outsold the model 3. (at around the 2 minute mark)

You may think California is but one data point and biased towards EV's so not really a true gauge of interest but as California goes, so does the nation.
That is obviously not true as the video you linked to shows. The video says the Camry is the best selling car in the US, however in California, the Accord outsold it 59k to 49k. So when will the rest of the US catch up to California and have the Accord as the clear leader? LOL
Old 11-30-2019 | 10:07 AM
Dyefrog
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Roberts
Do you have a citation for that? The video you linked to shows that from Jan-Sept, Camry outsold the model 3. (at around the 2 minute mark)

That is obviously not true as the video you linked to shows. The video says the Camry is the best selling car in the US, however in California, the Accord outsold it 59k to 49k. So when will the rest of the US catch up to California and have the Accord as the clear leader? LOL
It's not my video so no citation of Q3 stats from me nor am I going to dig into it as you missed the point entirely. The purpose of the stats was to show that there is demand for "some" EV's counter to what groundhog claims. To say no demand is fallacious even if the Model 3 never takes over Accord or Camry, it's still near the top of the list.
It's apparent that there is very little to no demand for non-Tesla EV's but that's not what was stated. Why that is could be a number of reasons.
Crappy range
Crappy charging infrastructure
Crappy performance
Compliance quota
non-committal
poor public awareness
poor value
fear of the unknown
whatever the reasons, Tesla doesn't seem to suffer from any. I think Tesla as a brand make up 4% of new car sales in California. My not sound like much but understand that they are only BEV, only a dozen years old, and attacked every step of the way from Wall Street to Big Oil.
People are starting to "get it". As the Cybertruck hysteria settles down, we should see some further proof that EV's time has come. To win over the Pick-up truck community would be a major turning point, especially if they can wiggle their way into the top 3. Something that Toyota, Nissan, and Honda have yet to do. I'm not claiming that they will but I also wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Old 11-30-2019 | 11:48 AM
Bob Roberts
Racer

It's not my video so no citation of Q3 stats from me nor am I going to dig into it as you missed the point entirely.
You missed the point.
You made a claim: "Model 3 in California now outsells the Toyota Camry." and not only can't you back it up, you linked to something that disputes your claim! What a joke.
I don't get why Tesla fans have to spread fake news. It is either because they are insecure or dishonest. Not sure which.

Stop spreading fake news.

BTW, lame attempt at diversion about me missing the point.

Old 11-30-2019 | 12:11 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

I found this review very good.

At about 1:50, my debate over whether the T or T-S version makes more sense is tested. I’ve likely launch controlled my 2015 30k miles GT3 less than 10 times over 5 years, mostly in the 1st year of ownership. There just isn’t an overwhelming desire for me to have to defend an exhibition of speed, reckless driving, speeding ticket that California cops would gleefully write up. I also prefer curves over straight line acceleration so, 2.6 versus 3.0 only happening with launch control that won’t hardly be used makes the question more about what comes standard with the T-S model.

Dan (still hates being forced to use the word “Turbo” discussing an EV)

Last edited by hfm; 11-30-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Playback error correction
The following users liked this post:
Bob Roberts (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019 | 12:38 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

del
Old 11-30-2019 | 04:21 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hfm
I found this review very good.

At about 1:50, my debate over whether the T or T-S version makes more sense is tested. I’ve likely launch controlled my 2015 30k miles GT3 less than 10 times over 5 years, mostly in the 1st year of ownership. There just isn’t an overwhelming desire for me to have to defend an exhibition of speed, reckless driving, speeding ticket that California cops would gleefully write up. I also prefer curves over straight line acceleration so, 2.6 versus 3.0 only happening with launch control that won’t hardly be used makes the question more about what comes standard with the T-S model.

Dan (still hates being forced to use the word “Turbo” discussing an EV)
Without having driven them, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the S will be pretty damn compelling. I bet it's still very fast.
Old 11-30-2019 | 08:46 PM
groundhog
Race Car

It's not my video so no citation of Q3 stats from me nor am I going to dig into it as you missed the point entirely. The purpose of the stats was to show that there is demand for "some" EV's counter to what groundhog claims. To say no demand is fallacious even if the Model 3 never takes over Accord or Camry, it's still near the top of the list.
It's apparent that there is very little to no demand for non-Tesla EV's but that's not what was stated. Why that is could be a number of reasons.
Crappy range
Crappy charging infrastructure
Crappy performance
Compliance quota
non-committal
poor public awareness
poor value
fear of the unknown
whatever the reasons, Tesla doesn't seem to suffer from any. I think Tesla as a brand make up 4% of new car sales in California. My not sound like much but understand that they are only BEV, only a dozen years old, and attacked every step of the way from Wall Street to Big Oil.
People are starting to "get it". As the Cybertruck hysteria settles down, we should see some further proof that EV's time has come. To win over the Pick-up truck community would be a major turning point, especially if they can wiggle their way into the top 3. Something that Toyota, Nissan, and Honda have yet to do. I'm not claiming that they will but I also wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Not interested in Tesla - for many reasons, including design, fit finish, reliability to name a few. Try posting a review of the Taycan. You’re not adding anything of value.

This was a good one, care to comment?

Old 11-30-2019 | 09:21 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Without having driven them, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the S will be pretty damn compelling. I bet it's still very fast.
I think one reason to get the T-S is to avoid thinking I didn’t get the best I could. But, when the regular T is just as good except for drags, it’s hard to justify wasting the cash.

Dan (has plenty of time to decide)
Old 12-01-2019 | 11:13 AM
Dyefrog
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Roberts
You missed the point.
You made a claim: "Model 3 in California now outsells the Toyota Camry." and not only can't you back it up, you linked to something that disputes your claim! What a joke.
I don't get why Tesla fans have to spread fake news. It is either because they are insecure or dishonest. Not sure which.

Stop spreading fake news.

BTW, lame attempt at diversion about me missing the point.
Fair enough, I misinterpreted his statement that "Third quarter 2019, in California, the Model 3 outsold the Toyota Camry, the best selling car in America", assuming the Camry was also the best selling car in California. As noted, the Honda Civic sub-compact at 1/2 the selling price, sells more.
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda/civic/prices
Understanding that the claim wasn't revenue, but sales so I concede my mistake and assure you it was unintentional.

Here's the data though that backs up the claim above which I would think supports my original point.
For the Model 3 to outsell the Toyota Camry in Q3/19 and closing the gap on YTD, should prove that for some EV's, there is demand.

https://www.cncda.org/wp-content/upl...ring-2Q-19.pdf
https://www.cncda.org/wp-content/upl...ring-3Q-19.pdf

Q3
Camry YTD 48760 ​​​​​​​Model 3 YTD 48483

Q2
Camry YTD 33,638 Model 3 YTD 33,005

Difference 15,122 15,478

Quick Reply: Taycan Reviews and Videos