Taycan Reviews and Videos

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 02:00 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Does that qualify me? Sheesh.
Since you asked, no, Owning stuff is not all that is required. Your attitude disqualifies you.

I'm not sure why I keep trying to contribute.
If you count these posts as contributions, you have a very low bar for what constitutes a contribution.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Roberts
Since you asked, no, Owning stuff is not all that is required. Your attitude disqualifies you.

If you count these posts as contributions, you have a very low bar for what constitutes a contribution.

The following users liked this post:
whiz944 (12-03-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 07:48 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,031 Likes on 653 Posts

Spoken like a true Tesla Hater.

Labels suck. I suspect you're not a Telsa hater, nor am I a Tesla Fanboy. If you took even 5 minutes to review my postings, you'd see that I am plenty critical of the company as a whole.

LOL, so Tesla owners are automatically fanboys and can't contribute to the discussion of an electric car? Ok, may I please do so as a two-Porsche owner, a life long car enthusiast, and an EV fan since my first drive of the BMW i3, who just happens to also own a Tesla? Does that qualify me? Sheesh.

LOL, I never said anything about the motor. Wrong guy pal. Also, I proved the 800v. system is not giving a significant boost in charging. Don't recall you coming up with proof to dispute that. Nor did you come up with proof to dispute that I said that the standard brakes will likely be fine since the car has three times as much regen as any Tesla. Nah, instead of coming up with an actual argument, you brought out your usual high horse of how a Tesla owner couldn't know anything about performance because blah, blah, blah. And you never showed any stats that indicate the huge advantage that the gearing has. But yeah, I'm wrong. Ok Pal. I have a suggestion. If you want to, you know, actually contribute to the discussion, how about coming up with some facts, or some original ideas instead of some spiv about how us poor Tesla owners don't know anything about performance so we can't understand ? I'll be waiting and more than open to having an actual discussion instead of some shaming nonsense.

I agree, there is already one thread about Teslas on here, not sure why this one got so off track. This will be my last post about Tesla here.

Yup, that's what a blind hater does. Paints with a broad brush, can't see any actual contribution no matter how hard it hits them in the face. Sorry us commoners may have something to add, but we don't need your permission to add it. As much as you would like us to go away. And despite some Tesla-fan posters on here definitely being fanboys, most of us are not. But you can't see that, can you. Because you just blindly ignore it all. Talk about so little self awareness...you literally throw the baby out with the bathwater and then actually call us self-unaware. LOLZ.

Again with the insults. Electric Camrys. We're too intellectually challenged. Hahahaha. I love it. Keep it coming, keep demonstrating how narrow your mind is and just how far down your nose you are looking at the moment.

I never said it was complicated. It's different, and takes some getting used to, but it's not hard. That's your spin. Oh, I wouldn't really call it an electric Camry. More like an electric 3 series. But even if so, the Camry is a huge seller for Toyota and largely considered to be the best car in it's class and has so for decades. So thanks, I'll take that compliment, thanks.

Maybe if you actually stopped with the blind Tesla hate and listened, you might learn something. I'm not sure why I keep trying to contribute. Maybe it's because I come from a family of teachers and professors, but I'm always open to learning, and always aware that no matter what I think I know about a subject, someone out there will have something to teach me on it. But I suppose that your bias precludes you from actually listening to someone with whom you don't agree.

Once again you have derailed the thread - typical Tesla owner - what is wrong with you guys.

As I have said I don’t hate Tesla - I couldn’t care less. I think the cars are pretty awful - mutton dressed as lamb. I have a low opinion of Musk and the fanboy club because of their actual behaviours.

So park this in your garage - a lot of people have zero interest in Tesla, Musk or the vehicles they produce. This is normal in the world of cars - get used to it.

So let’s try and get back to regular programming - try giving your keyboard a rest.

Enjoy your electric Camry - I’ll keep my eye on the Taycan.

or how about this one from GQ

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cars/a...turbo-s-review

They call it "game changing".........and "The revolution will be electrified, no doubt about it, and this peerless Porsche product is leading the charge."

The first sentence is interesting lol "Elon Musk has built such a rabid cult of personality that Tesla’s online acolytes will have your virtual arm off if you dare diss him or the brand." So true and something for some Tesla owners on here to consider and contemplate.

Last edited by groundhog; 12-02-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:28 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

A suggestion. Please note who started the thread. Please note, the thread starter as well as other recent posters are long time Rennlisters. While the thread isn't about Teslas, Camrys, Hondas and, is plainly about Taycans, a bit of latitude wouldn't hurt and, that goes all ways.

Dan (occasionally gets into his own forum scuffles but, doesn't understand why it's happening here)
The following 3 users liked this post by hfm:
4pipes (12-02-2019), Needsdecaf (12-02-2019), whiz944 (12-03-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Originally Posted by hfm
other recent posters are long time Rennlisters.
It is only relevant that someone is a long timer if they are showing the respect to follow the rules and keep on topic.

They should know better. If they don't and hide behind "I was here when there were only 5 other people" BS, then they are just being entitled trolls.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by hfm
A suggestion. Please note who started the thread. Please note, the thread starter as well as other recent posters are long time Rennlisters. While the thread isn't about Teslas, Camrys, Hondas and, is plainly about Taycans, a bit of latitude wouldn't hurt and, that goes all ways.

Dan (occasionally gets into his own forum scuffles but, doesn't understand why it's happening here)
I know you mean well but what has the length of time one has been on Rennlist got to do with this thread. There is a reality here that needs to be addressed or dealt with - (1) The existential thread should be moved to OT (2) this thread should stay on track (3) I pointed out early on given the thread was started by a Tesla owner it wouldn't go well. It generally hasn't and the OP continues to derail it (4) I and I have no doubt many others are over the endless Tesla indoctrination sessions. (5) and there are way better products out there e.g. Taycan and others soon to arrive

Like many on here I'm interested in the Taycan because its a top quality product.

So for the fifth or six time I will try and get it back on track with a review from GQ

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cars/a...turbo-s-review
Old 12-02-2019, 11:18 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It is only relevant that someone is a long timer if they are showing the respect to follow the rules and keep on topic.

They should know better. If they don't and hide behind "I was here when there were only 5 other people" BS, then they are just being entitled trolls.
As long as I am continually insulted I will continue to respond. I have never, ever initiated a personal attack. Likewise I have never insulted someone for the cars they like or don’t like. I have never accused someone of not beating able to understand what a performance car is. And yet I have repeatedly been done so.

So who who isn’t following the rules?
Old 12-02-2019, 11:23 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
(3) I pointed out early on given the thread was started by a Tesla owner it wouldn't go well. It generally hasn't and the OP continues to derail it
If you are going to continue to personally attack me, I will respond in kind. I started this thread with absolutely no agenda. I wanted to aggregate the reviews, which I was eagerly awaiting, in one place. This is very common in most Rennlist forums. What did you think I was going to do, post negative reactions and reviews of the Taycan? Give me a break. I didn’t even post the one by the Teslanomics guy because I think he’s a Tesla homer.

If you can just let go of the personal attacks, I will stop responding. It’s simple, really. If not, don’t expect any different. I won’t stand by and be insulted, sorry.

Back to programming, I liked this one.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:25 PM
groundhog
Race Car

If you are going to continue to personally attack me, I will respond in kind. I started this thread with absolutely no agenda. I wanted to aggregate the reviews, which I was eagerly awaiting, in one place. This is very common in most Rennlist forums. What did you think I was going to do, post negative reactions and reviews of the Taycan? Give me a break. If you can just let go of the personal attacks, I will stop responding.
You are not being personally attacked - you just have thin skin and once again you are derailing the thread. You need to take a break from the key board.

This is a Porsche Taycan thread - for those that are interested in the Taycan, specifically for those that want to post reviews and videos.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groundhog
You are not being personally attacked - you just have thin skin and once again you are derailing the thread. You need to take a break from the key board.

This is a Porsche Taycan thread - for those that are interested in the Taycan, specifically for those that want to post reviews and videos.
I posted a review. Who is derailing the thread? You need to stop thinking you can dictate what others do. I am just as interested in the Taycan as you, if not more. So
Old 12-02-2019, 11:45 PM
groundhog
Race Car

I posted a review. Who is derailing the thread? You need to stop thinking you can dictate what others do. I am just as interested in the Taycan as you, if not more. So
ok good review - not trying to dictate anything more than attempting to keep posts on topic (at least broadly)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hadn’t. Seen this one by Engadget. Funny he is one of the few to complain about the brakes being non-linear.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:49 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The one I am most lookimg forward to seeing is The Smoking Tire. This press junket was on his home turf, and he is an EV fan.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:28 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I actually was here when there were only 5 other people. The very first day John D made rennlist (actually porschelist at the time) available to the public. A bunch of us immediately jumped over from the previous, poorly managed, porschefans email lists. To infer that just because I happen to like Teslas, and own one, means I don't understand Porsches (when I've been a Porsche owner for the past 32 years) or 'performance' (even though driving on tracks is not my thing) is laughable.

As far as reviews go - everyone agrees the Taycans are _fast_ - as they should be at that price. But few reviewers have gone into any real level of detail that shows how Porsches approaches to EV drive trains are significantly better than Teslas. Different - sure. Is the 800V electrical system actually providing a benefit _in practice_? So far doesn't seem to, but maybe in the future. Is the two-speed tranny really some sort of breakthrough? Um, no. Will it be a source of repairs over time - like some other Porsche transmissions have been? Would the cost and real estate it occupies be better used by simply adding a second electric motor (e.g., Teslas 'plaid' drive train) instead? Hmmm...
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (12-09-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Bob Roberts
Racer

Originally Posted by whiz944
To infer that just because I happen to like Teslas, and own one, means I don't understand Porsches (when I've been a Porsche owner for the past 32 years) or 'performance' (even though driving on tracks is not my thing) is laughable.

Actually, what is laughable is that you claim I inferred any of that (since you quoted me). My comment was about having the respect to stay on topic and being an old timer doesn't give you a pass for that. Ok boomer.

Quick Reply: Taycan Reviews and Videos