Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

This with the pepita seats would look stunning.......
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 AM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by decahb
Hi all !!

i´m in the final stage for push the order button for my 991.2 C2. One last issue that I have is that I still haven´t decided the color 100%. I always stated that I would buy the agate grey, BUT now i´m leaning towards the GT silver, (black interior). Formostely, my wife likes the silver better I quit like the silver.
So the question ; Which color will be most "sensitive" towards small scracthes and so on.... ? I my mind the agate grey will be more sensitive ...

Any thoughts ??
I am not sure which of those two colors would be more sensitive. As noted in another post by putting a good PPF on and also maybe a clear ceramic top coat you can lessen any paint trouble. I don't think you can wrong with either color.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:51 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Silver is less sensitive (to be precise, both paints are equally sensitive but silver will hide scratches better). Agate gray has the benefit that there is less of them on the road, so it's a little bit more unique. I also think that carrara white (metallic white) is a good option (you seem to prefer neutral colors), as it's scratch tolerant and looks "special".
Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Northern 911
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Jan 9 has been floating around the various forums. The GTS is due to be released, but when remains a question. If past experience is any indicator there will be a web special along with the online configuration sometime this month.
I hope the GTS will be released Jan 9th bc then I could do a last minute switch from my already built C4S to the GTS which would be my first choice for build. I had abandoned the idea of a GTS this year bc I didn't want to wait and lose another driving season.....but if its launching this month I would be willing to delay and switch my current order.....here's hoping rumours are true.....if anyone has heard any other 991.2 GTS news please post it. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern 911
I hope the GTS will be released Jan 9th bc then I could do a last minute switch from my already built C4S to the GTS which would be my first choice for build. I had abandoned the idea of a GTS this year bc I didn't want to wait and lose another driving season.....but if its launching this month I would be willing to delay and switch my current order.....here's hoping rumours are true.....if anyone has heard any other 991.2 GTS news please post it. Thanks!
Even if released on Jan 9th, your dealer would have to get an allocation for that round. Some of the smaller dealers may not be able to guarantee that.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 305 Likes on 100 Posts

Mid Jan should be press release First deliveries end of march..
Old 01-07-2017, 05:57 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planet
The car has just arrived at the dealer. They'd really like it if I could pick it up today or tomorrow, for some reason.

Inspection in progress:
I'm late in my reply (holidays...). Congrats, Planet! Before I ask for more pics let me catch up on the thread...
Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Northern 911
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Even if released on Jan 9th, your dealer would have to get an allocation for that round. Some of the smaller dealers may not be able to guarantee that.
Good point. The allocation could delay things further and there may be a wait list at the dealer. I will have to decide soon if I should put my C4S order on hold to wait for the GTS. I have a feeling I wouldn't see the GTS until late in 2017 and end up missing a significant amount of driving time.....
Old 01-07-2017, 08:28 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Good point. The allocation could delay things further and there may be a wait list at the dealer. I will have to decide soon if I should put my C4S order on hold to wait for the GTS. I have a feeling I wouldn't see the GTS until late in 2017 and end up missing a significant amount of driving time.....
Not to mention that whatever discount you had negotiated may not be automatically honored on the GTS. I suspect those are not discounted as deeply.

A good problem to have - either way you end up with a great car. I faced the same dilemma of waiting for a theoretical '17 GTS vs getting a C4s now and I, oddly enough, ended up ordering a .2 Turbo.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:29 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is more to worry about!
The substrate on your hood and doors is aluminum and as such is softer than steel.
I found it very easy to get a divot on my Mexico Blue Boxster hood before EXPEL. Now it's just about impervious to road and Track debris.
I had my C4S clear wrapped before i ever left the Dealership.-Richard
Old 01-07-2017, 09:17 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud

I noticed you had your Targa emblem redone in black. Aftermarket I assume. How much?
Old 01-08-2017, 01:11 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I've heard this from multiple people at PAG. pretty sure itll happen but yeah, I use two dealers one smaller one to do all my service and work done and i've bought a couple cars there but I have a Flagship dealer I get my new cars from simply because they get the allocations. None of this is a definite though. Just getting the GTS allocation is done but its gonna be tough getting it allocated a PTS slot and approval for houndstooth. But hey if you're gonna swing swing hard right? My dealer said build date would be April/May
Old 01-08-2017, 01:14 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Originally Posted by decahb
Hi all !!

i´m in the final stage for push the order button for my 991.2 C2. One last issue that I have is that I still haven´t decided the color 100%. I always stated that I would buy the agate grey, BUT now i´m leaning towards the GT silver, (black interior). Formostely, my wife likes the silver better I quit like the silver.
So the question ; Which color will be most "sensitive" towards small scracthes and so on.... ? I my mind the agate grey will be more sensitive ...

Any thoughts ??
I was down to those two colors as well. I went with the Agate Grey. Two months in, no protect-ant (i know i know) and zero scratches dings or dents. 1600 miles so far. 991.2 TTS cab. But do what makes you happy
Old 01-08-2017, 01:20 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Originally Posted by JustBud

Form your keyboard to god's ears sir, I'm thinking stiching rather than piping probably. And i've heard slight slight slight chance for a six speed manual with relaxed ratios compared to the R. But probably not.
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2017, 03:50 AM
randr
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^^
Very nice

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!