Notices

COVID AND Vaccinations

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 04:17 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 751 Likes on 517 Posts

Hillier is hardly a trustworthy source on anything.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:19 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Hillier is hardly a trustworthy source on anything.
He's quoting government statistics.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:52 PM
Hematose
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS
He's quoting government statistics.
Hillier is a buffoon. He's found a way to get political attention like never before, and he's running with it. The government statistics clearly show a significant drop in death, infections and hospitalizations as vaccination rates increased in every jurisdiction that was able to use them in sufficient quantity.

The good news about Hillier and others like him is that he's helping speed up natural selection in the population. I just wish I didn't need to pay to keep his victims in the hospital, and that there wasn't an increased risk to my young children not being able to go to school in the fall because of him. A good number of those who buy his BS will hopefully learn their lessons after delta infects them, which, over a long enough period of time is inevitable.

The same people who were against lockdowns are now also against the proven solution to the lockdowns. They are generating outrage through contrarianism. It's like saying: "There's no voice out there in support of taking dumps on the sidewalk. If I can champion that position, algorithms will amplify my voice amongst people who want to hear support for that, and eventually I will have a following community that I can squeeze for money/fame/votes whatever." This has been going on for so long it's boring. Look up something called "The Marshall Protocol" for people with autoimmune problems. Or better yet, watch Contagion and pay attention to Jude Law's character. Just replace "Forsythia" with "Hydroxychloroquine" and the similarities are incredible.

It's beyond the pale. The worst part is that I bet people like Hillier *are* vaccinated. Marjorie Taylor Greene basically gave the game away last week when she refused to answer the question. We should show these hypocrites for who they are: I think an awesome public policy idea would be to publish the names and cities of every public figure or maybe even everyone who got the vaccine. Or maybe have a lottery where 1:100 unvaccinated covid patients have care withdrawn. This, and temporary vaccine passports until we can get most of the freeloaders off the bench.

The right is usually all about personal responsibility and privatizing the consequences of private decisions. Or maybe this is another case of privatizing the "gains" of not being vaccinated (sore arms and a paid day off work?) and socializing the losses (infection spread, hospital admissions). The disproportionality of that trade is so large as to be comical.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:05 PM
Anakin Skywalker
Drifting

Received 482 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Hematose
Hillier is a buffoon. He's found a way to get political attention like never before, and he's running with it. The government statistics clearly show a significant drop in death, infections and hospitalizations as vaccination rates increased in every jurisdiction that was able to use them in sufficient quantity.

The good news about Hillier and others like him is that he's helping speed up natural selection in the population. I just wish I didn't need to pay to keep his victims in the hospital, and that there wasn't an increased risk to my young children not being able to go to school in the fall because of him. A good number of those who buy his BS will hopefully learn their lessons after delta infects them, which, over a long enough period of time is inevitable.

The same people who were against lockdowns are now also against the proven solution to the lockdowns. They are generating outrage through contrarianism. It's like saying: "There's no voice out there in support of taking dumps on the sidewalk. If I can champion that position, algorithms will amplify my voice amongst people who want to hear support for that, and eventually I will have a following community that I can squeeze for money/fame/votes whatever." This has been going on for so long it's boring. Look up something called "The Marshall Protocol" for people with autoimmune problems. Or better yet, watch Contagion and pay attention to Jude Law's character. Just replace "Forsythia" with "Hydroxychloroquine" and the similarities are incredible.

It's beyond the pale. The worst part is that I bet people like Hillier *are* vaccinated. Marjorie Taylor Greene basically gave the game away last week when she refused to answer the question. We should show these hypocrites for who they are: I think an awesome public policy idea would be to publish the names and cities of every public figure or maybe even everyone who got the vaccine. Or maybe have a lottery where 1:100 unvaccinated covid patients have care withdrawn. This, and temporary vaccine passports until we can get most of the freeloaders off the bench.

The right is usually all about personal responsibility and privatizing the consequences of private decisions. Or maybe this is another case of privatizing the "gains" of not being vaccinated (sore arms and a paid day off work?) and socializing the losses (infection spread, hospital admissions). The disproportionality of that trade is so large as to be comical.
You’ve hit the nail on the head. Those who are unvaccinated because of ego and hubris are the ones who will show up in hospitals in the fall. They will displace the responsible patients who got vaccinated and just need ambulatory care or elective surgery.

Looks like it’s already happening in the US.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:25 PM
TurboS
Drifting

If this vaccine works, why are so many in Britain that are fully vaccinated getting sick?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-FALLEN.html
Old 07-26-2021, 05:29 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,294 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by Anakin Skywalker
You’ve hit the nail on the head. Those who are unvaccinated because of ego and hubris are the ones who will show up in hospitals in the fall. They will displace the responsible patients who got vaccinated and just need ambulatory care or elective surgery.

Looks like it’s already happening in the US.
History will look back on this rather unfavorably I suspect.

Costly lesson...
Old 07-26-2021, 05:31 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

If this vaccine works, why are so many in Britain that are fully vaccinated getting sick?

from your article:
Studies show a single dose is less effective at preventing infection, although it still drastically slashes the risk of hospitalisation and death.

so it reduces hospitalization and death but you think it is BAD to take? and you decided to be one of the outliers that is antivax so you can....show corruption in government, which means vaccines are bad...lol. and you are doing this to ....save the world?....lol
Old 07-26-2021, 05:38 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Turbodan
from your article:
Studies show a single dose is less effective at preventing infection, although it still drastically slashes the risk of hospitalisation and death.

so it reduces hospitalization and death but you think it is BAD to take? and you decided to be one of the outliers that is antivax so you can....show corruption in government, which means vaccines are bad...lol. and you are doing this to ....save the world?....lol
Hope everything works out in the present, but especially in the future......
Old 07-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

well according to your article taking one of the vaccines reduces hospitalizations and reduces risk of death DRASTICALLY. How can you read that to mean the vaccines are dangerous?
do you just read what you agree with and ignore the rest? the threat now is a virus, you say ignore the virus and criticize the vaccine that is based on tested technology. where do you think Canada would be covid numbers wise if no one took the vaccine? that appears to be your recommendation btw.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:46 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Turbodan
well according to your article taking one of the vaccines reduces hospitalizations and reduces risk of death DRASTICALLY. How can you read that to mean the vaccines are dangerous?
do you just read what you agree with and ignore the rest? the threat now is a virus, you say ignore the virus and criticize the vaccine that is based on tested technology. where do you think Canada would be covid numbers wise if no one took the vaccine? that appears to be your recommendation btw.
good luck.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:55 PM
Hematose
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

"If seatbelts work, then why do people still get hurt in car crashes?"
"If condoms work, why are there still babies?"
"If sunscreen works, why can I still get a sunburn?"
"If reading works, why don't I understand some things?"
"If talking works, why do some people not agree with my bull****?"

The premise of your argument implies that in order for it to "work" it must be completely effective, and very few technologies ever work that way. It's an impossible standard. It's also an irrelevant standard.

Did you even read your own article? The very same article you cited as the truth says that vaccines work, and it specifically notes that many of those people classified as "vaccinated" who are "getting sick" aren't *fully* vaccinated. This is precisely as predicted by the results of the clinical trials and widely published for all to see. The problem is that one dose of AZ (the main vaccine in the UK) is known to not be as effective against delta as two doses, and in particularly two doses of an RNA vaccine. Also, if you cared to look, you'd find that hospital admissions are way down.

What evidence would you need to convince yourself that vaccines work better than no vaccines? If the answer to that question is highly improbable of ever happening, then your belief is effectively not falsifiable; not a very good standard from which to assess truth.
The following users liked this post:
CDNC (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 06:59 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

Pay no attention, TurboS is an anti-vaxxer. Immune to logic.

https://theconversation.com/us-is-sp...-divide-164460

"In recent weeks, one piece of data has gotten a lot of attention: 99.5% of all the people dying from COVID-19 in the U.S. are unvaccinated."
"Walensky also said that 97% of current COVID-19 hospitalizations are of unvaccinated people"

Last edited by CanuckGT4; 07-26-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:07 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Lol

lolQUOTE=CanuckGT4;17571923]Pay no attention, TurboSis an anti-vaxxer. Immune to logic.

https://theconversation.com/us-is-sp...-divide-164460

"In recent weeks, one piece of data has gotten a lot of attention: 99.5% of all the people dying from COVID-19 in the U.S. are unvaccinated."
"Walensky also said that 97% of current COVID-19 hospitalizations are of unvaccinated people"[/QUOTE]
Old 07-26-2021, 07:57 PM
Anakin Skywalker
Drifting

Received 482 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by .2PDK
History will look back on this rather unfavorably I suspect.

Costly lesson...
What are the chances that reality deniers can learn a lesson about the importance of vaccination in particular and public health in general?

To read TS’ posts I’m guessing nil.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:43 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,294 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by Anakin Skywalker
What are the chances that reality deniers can learn a lesson about the importance of vaccination in particular and public health in general?
If only Spock were still alive...

Quick Reply: COVID AND Vaccinations