Notices

COVID AND Vaccinations

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 01:04 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Default COVID AND Vaccinations

I know there's tons of other posts about this.. eg the lockdown where we can't drive to othet provinces to buy cars , the cancelation of events etc..... I am by means no politicians and by far I would never call my views politic correct but enough is enough...

1) Yes Canada is not perfect but I doubt any country is.. the grass is always greener on the other side..and if the other side is so great, I am sure we on this board have the means to make that happen...

2) we are very fortunate to be at least in a country where all lives matter and yes I am sure all the hidden gov agendas bla bla bla but at the end of the day, we are getting vaccines when othet countries front line workers are not!

3) We are getting health care for "free".. of course we are paying for it through taxes but hey, at least we are getting something.. Government is a business just like Porsche.. I am sure they are not building and selling cars for free

4) First world problems.. we complain about not being able to go to car shows, ralleys, etc etc etc but look at India and other parts of the world where people are dying and here we are complaining about crap that doesn't really matters

Yup!!! My arguments is probably biased but when I read these posts about our 'issues'.. makes me wonder where our priorities are... being on this forum and especially if you have a Porsche, let's not forget those whom still takes thr TTC and/or people whom still walk to work and need to work to make ends meet..

Not a rant..sort off... but cut it out ..we are starting to look spoiled... anyways back to my wine and begging for Porsche to release my car

Last edited by Chimcu; 06-02-2021 at 01:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pongobaz (06-06-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 07:54 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

I agree with a lot of what you say, but this thread will descend into chaos before page 2.

The following 3 users liked this post by Muskoka:
Chimcu (06-02-2021), OttawaSteve (06-02-2021), tuffcalc (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 08:22 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

@ Chimcu...

What the hell are you talking about? You are totally wrong in your assessment and our governments (Trudeau, Ford and Legault) totally fvcked up the whole COVID-19 situation! JOKE!

Well I too will agree with most of what you said, but I do feel that both levels of government did not do enough initially and then went overboard especially with the lock downs in Ontario and the curfew in Quebec... On the federal side (initiated and mainly pushed by Legault and then Ford) this total BS about citizen returning from their winter homes (mainly from the USA) and having to spend a minimum of 3 days at airport hotels is very wrong.

I am not against the wearing of masks in public places and perhaps the 2 metre distance rule but at one point when people have had their 2 vaccines, I hope those too will be lifted.

End of semi-rant.

Last edited by Jet Jockey; 06-02-2021 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:26 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 195 Likes on 137 Posts

Isn't this a Porsche enthusiast forum? Surely there are other forums better suited for stirring the political pot.
The following 2 users liked this post by pfitzsim:
VIDoug (06-16-2021), XLR82XS (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:34 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Originally Posted by pfitzsim
Isn't this a Porsche enthusiast forum? Surely there are other forums better suited for stirring the political pot.
Yes it is but I don't mind having some political subjects brought up on this forum as long as they don't degenerate to the extent of going down to Hell.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:39 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Agree with all you guys said about the **** up etc... I am just merely saying don't worry be happy.. if we keep complaining and comparing to others on what they have that we don't, we'll live our lives always competing.. thats all... this wasn't meant to be a political comparison etc etc

Just seeing a lot of unhappy people thats all... my swim spa is delayed 3 months due to Covid and Car has a stop sale on it so can't pick that up.. there goes another summer that my family was looking forward too... but hey life moves on and out comes the pop up pool for the kid and ill watch your porsche videos to droll... lol
Mikster (06-07-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:52 AM
Biscuits704
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pfitzsim
Katie Telford's propaganda campaign really getting granular at this point!
OttawaSteve (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:53 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimcu
..we are starting to look spoiled...
starting?
Old 06-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Muskoka
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
Yes it is but I don't mind having some political subjects brought up on this forum as long as they don't degenerate to the extent of going down to Hell.
sorry, pal, but there is no way. Every topic that even grazes the tit of politics will descend into chaos on a public forum. Doesn’t matter what type of forums. As soon as it gets to politics, people resort to name calling and belittling. What did it take in this one? Post 4?
Old 06-02-2021, 12:31 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

i totally get Kevin's point .. so many on here are so entitled and have first world problems ... bitching and complaining that there 100K+ car will be taxed ?
When all in all when you compare us to some other really struggling Nations we are doing pretty good. Many on here are in fortunate situations because our parents or Grand parents left those countries so their kids and grandkids could have better lives. i think far too many crap all over their own country, but maybe that's just what Porsche owners or entitled Canadians in general do.

I too hate to be over taxed and speak with my vote, but i never crap all over a country or government that has given me a better way of life than i ever could have imagined where i came from.
Im vaccinated , my family is safe and my friends are too , there is something to be said for that
The following 2 users liked this post by theiceman:
Chimcu (06-03-2021), pongobaz (06-06-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:56 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 510 Likes on 326 Posts

You can tell who are the sheeps...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57079577

Last edited by ekam; 06-02-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Originally Posted by ekam
You can tell who are the sheeps...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57079577

I totally agree that this measure along with a few others went way overboard.

I read a published report by the government (I think it was federal) that says that even with the lock down in Ontario and Quebec's full blown curfew, statistically are numbers were not better than any other western style countries in the world including the USA which is far more open then we are.

The same BS can be applied for the returning snowbirds who fly back to Canada not only need to fly in to only 4 airports in Canada but have to endure a mandatory and totally useless 3 day visit to a hotel upon their return.

This said I am not against some of the measures in place but some are exaggerated.
Booth9999 (07-29-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 01:48 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 510 Likes on 326 Posts

We didn't want to ban flights from China because it's racist.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/china-p...onse-1.4795270
Certainly we know that the evidence suggests actually the opposite - that in fact by closing down the borders it’s much harder to detect where someone is coming from,” Hajdu said, adding that an “open and honest” transaction allowed for a much more detailed screening process.
We're the only country out of G7 to steal from Covax.

We're the only country to space out the first and second vaccine shots by 4 months, against the recommendation from vaccine companies.

We "secured" vaccines from China in the beginning, then proceed to scramble and order more than 400 million doses when that deal falls through.

Last edited by ekam; 06-02-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:42 PM
997ajk
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Canada is definition of a banana republic.

Education system reaction = total fail, kids lost 2 years of schooling because of the unions and their minions it started with 2019/2020 strikes and progressed to what we have.
Govt = all should be locked up for their handling of the "epidemic" and illegal acts, money spent and misappropriated, shutting down of sectors or areas which are not at risk
Giant tech / media = fear mongering, lies and fortification of BS
Health Care = abysmal performance, again issue is big pharma control, unions and people in charge/internal politics. They didn't save lives they caused this and have no solutions outside of lockdowns.

In Canada over 1 year, more people have died due to medical errors then COVID.... something ain't right!

One should look at treatment of Indigenous population or Chinese or Japanese in past 100 years to see what Canada truly is. This is just a tip of the iceberg.

https://www.rcinet.ca/en/2019/10/28/...ntended%20harm.

The following 3 users liked this post by 997ajk:
Booth9999 (07-29-2021), moab (06-02-2021), Nixin (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 03:25 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 997ajk
Health Care = abysmal performance, again issue is big pharma control, unions and people in charge/internal politics. They didn't save lives they caused this and have no solutions outside of lockdowns
WTF are you talking about. I'm in the medical field and you clearly know nothing of what you speak except parroting old cliche's.
How did doctors and nurses not help people again? Do you have ANY information to back this up or is it all coming out of your ***?
The following 2 users liked this post by CanuckGT4:
NewArt (08-29-2021), OttawaSteve (06-02-2021)

Quick Reply: COVID AND Vaccinations