Notices

COVID AND Vaccinations

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 02:11 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,294 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by strathconaman
I have a two logical fallacy limit. Congrats on hitting your limit with one thought.
Only two?

There's no way you're a Trudeau supporter...
The following users liked this post:
dml (08-03-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 04:48 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 340 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
.......Do you have a bumper sticker that says "I am a hero and vaccinated against Covid-19 variants excluding delta" ?
You get a sticker that says more or less this when you get your shot but, you would know this if you got it. I was going to put in on my antivaxxer neighbour's rear glass.

The following users liked this post:
CanuckGT4 (07-29-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 04:50 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by strathconaman
Low income covid effects:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7756168/
https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...d-poverty-race
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tion-1.5566384

I know the last one is the CBC, and if I was presenting a paper on the topic, I wouldn't use them. But I am assuming you wanted general reading, and will not be peer reviewing my posts.

Low income health outcomes:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1525295/
https://www.aafp.org/about/policies/...ty-health.html
http://www.hqontario.ca/portals/0/do...-report-en.pdf

Low income trust in traditional medicine:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10....1.056138/full/
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...tudy-1.5368415

Blast. There is the Canadian media again. Probably just spewing (L)iberal propaganda anyways.

Children missing from school enrolment, and income:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...3e2_story.html
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...s-as-covid-19/
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tdsb-1.5765426

There is less academic study here.

Let me know how many other sources you want. I would rather discuss if you think that our now executed plan will or won't have long term benefits or problems. I don't think we can realistically argue about the short term effects; they are what they are. But I am sure someone else will be offended by my characterization of people with no training in public policy being ill suited to making public policy.

Flame away!
I'm going to have to take some time and read all through this. I really hope the data in here is legit and not something generated by some interest group.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:34 PM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
ok so you're afraid an unvaccinated person will infect you with a disease that you've been vaccinated against?

Everyone should just look after themselves and be less judgmental of other people's choices
Originally Posted by 997turbocab
This ^^ LOL
All this does is prove how uneducated about vaccines you both are.

And yes, I am afraid an unvaccinated person will infect me with a disease I've been vaccinated against. Just like I'm afraid for my children to attend school with children who are also unvaccinated - because their parents insist on getting their vaccine information from the plumber and Jenny McCarthy.

Feel free to start a new country for only unvaccinated people. Let me know how long it lasts.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:14 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,294 Likes on 778 Posts

Won't nature take care of all the unvaccinated one way or the other?
Old 07-29-2021, 06:16 PM
tuffcalc
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

No back to more important things. Who's TTS is on the Siem Aristotle arriving Aug 6??
Old 07-30-2021, 10:07 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Originally Posted by .2PDK
Won't nature take care of all the unvaccinated one way or the other?
Not if those that CAN take the vaccine are willing to get one. Those that can't take one for medical reasons then have a really good chance of not getting it if everyone around them is vaccinated.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:23 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 902 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Not if those that CAN take the vaccine are willing to get one. Those that can't take one for medical reasons then have a really good chance of not getting it if everyone around them is vaccinated.
AsI understand it, vaccinated people can continue to be carriers, particularly the Delta variant. Thus, the presence of mainly unvaccinated people does not protect the unvaccinated. I do believe it is a personal decision, but I think it should be an informed decision.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:27 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

can't we just send all the antivaxxers to one province? Maybe one in the near the middle of our country with lots of open space?
Old 07-30-2021, 11:15 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
can't we just send all the antivaxxers to one province? Maybe one in the near the middle of our country with lots of open space?
That's a great idea - they won't even have to isolate while they are sick!
Old 07-30-2021, 11:25 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffcalc
All this does is prove how uneducated about vaccines you both are.

And yes, I am afraid an unvaccinated person will infect me with a disease I've been vaccinated against. Just like I'm afraid for my children to attend school with children who are also unvaccinated - because their parents insist on getting their vaccine information from the plumber and Jenny McCarthy.

Feel free to start a new country for only unvaccinated people. Let me know how long it lasts.

Shouldn't you feel just as afraid of being infected by someone who is already vaccinated? I mean they are probably going to have far less symptoms while still carrying the disease?

As for your children...they all pick their nose and scratch their butts lol Covid is probably the least of your worries.

Can I recommend purchasing a Bubble and living in it?
Old 07-30-2021, 11:33 AM
997ajk
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Just reading some of the posts here is amazing ! Cognitive dissonance and mass hysteria have taken over! The most amazing part of all of this is that history is never kind to those that oppress and force others.

When there is no risk in society of any kind there is no freedom and no society can be built on denial of individual freedom.

Worthwhile quote: The oppressor would not be so strong if he did not have accomplices among the oppressed.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:42 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
Shouldn't you feel just as afraid of being infected by someone who is already vaccinated? I mean they are probably going to have far less symptoms while still carrying the disease?

As for your children...they all pick their nose and scratch their butts lol Covid is probably the least of your worries.

Can I recommend purchasing a Bubble and living in it?
Data from multiple studies in different countries show that vaccinated people who develop COVID-19 have a lower viral load than unvaccinated people. This observation may indicate reduced transmissibility, as viral load has been identified as a key driver of transmission. Two studies from the United Kingdom found significantly reduced likelihood of transmission to household contacts from people infected with SARS-CoV-2 who were previously vaccinated for COVID-19. So - yes, while it is possible for vaccinated people to pass the disease to others, the viral load they shed and thus the possibility of them infecting others is much, much smaller than from an unvaccinated person.

Whatever children may get from scratching their butts or picking their noses is not contagious. COVID-19 is.

As for the bubble, absolutely. You should lead by example... get one and live in it. A real bubble, not the one with the intellectual vacuum that you are already living in.

Last edited by 928gt; 07-30-2021 at 11:43 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-30-2021, 11:53 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
Ok, let's make this simple so people can understand.
1. unvaccinated people pass it between themselves mostly, causing mild illness in most and severe in a few. It's unnecessary, why would you want to get a disease when you could prevent it in the first place? There is no medal for going through an illness like this.
2. more people getting severe problems put an unnecessary burden and cost on the medical system which we all have to pay. well the ones who work do.
3. constant surges in infections lead to having to wear masks, travel restrictions etc... some people don't care about that but others do. do we want to be in a perennial state of lockdown where we can't do things because someone is too afraid of a vaccine? silly.

vaccinated people are NOT afraid of you, we just want to get back to normal life. why is that so hard to understand?
the more pertinent question is, why are YOU so afraid of a vaccine that is safe and effective. get your big boy pants on and get with the rest of society and don't be such a burden.
Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
Ok, off on another tangent are we? Oh dear. NO response to my post at all then?
Come on Bud Fox, the most valuable commodity I know of is information. Where do you get YOUR information? FB?
Originally Posted by Turbodan
Some people cannot get vaccines due to allergies or adverse reactions that could kill them.

Should we be respectful of their choice to live or discriminate against them? Maybe capital punishment is appropriate?
Old 07-30-2021, 11:55 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 997ajk
Just reading some of the posts here is amazing ! Cognitive dissonance and mass hysteria have taken over! The most amazing part of all of this is that history is never kind to those that oppress and force others.

When there is no risk in society of any kind there is no freedom and no society can be built on denial of individual freedom.

Worthwhile quote: The oppressor would not be so strong if he did not have accomplices among the oppressed.
History is never kind to those that oppress and force others? Really? Are you native American by any chance and revelling in your freedom and prosperity? Perhaps a member of some super prosperous yet unknown native tribe from Africa before the Europeans came? Have you heard of the Crusades? You live in a British COLONY. Yeah, history is never kind to the oppressors.

Individual freedoms in society are secondary to the well-being of said society as a whole. The latter always trumps the former. Without putting the needs of the society first, you have barbarism.

Last edited by 928gt; 07-30-2021 at 11:57 AM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: COVID AND Vaccinations