Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete. Cayman for SITT was just too tempting eh! I understand, if it were me it would be the same. Originally you weren't down to tour with Doug and the guys down, has that changed, sounds like and hope so. We need to get a bit more organisation into this touring part shortly. If I recall we got Rons Itinerary and were going to follow along but book our own accommodation and perhaps run in a group behind them. Maybe a good conversation point for Sunday. Its looming up fast. At least you will have the Cayman in plenty of time to have it checked over and prepare it for the tour. From memory I think Doug, myself, Matt & John were firm for the trip down. I think Chris was going to join us in WTGN and Paul was at the time possibly shipping the C3 down. Again probably time we all took a serious look at this or Jan will be over before we get it organised. Jo wont be coming Sunday. She already has some plans it seems. Actually we need a holiday from each other LOL! Its been 30 days in a row so far of 24hrs! God did not make us to be in the same proximity for so long I fear. That's why he invented playstation and fornication amongst other things... John, I think I started a thread on T shirt ideas for SITT. Actually it may have been on here in which case we will never find it. We used the good bye Pork Pie theme for one of them. Looked good and with a Porker silhouette overlayed could work. We should discuss Sunday and maybe work on a consensus. Other ideas were someone local in Queenstown to capture our Teterongia and Cromwell exploits on videocam. Also anyone thought to take a tutor at these tracks?
We can discuss on Sunday, but only 11 weeks to go so we'd better get a few things firmed up.

Can't recall a T shirt themed thread. If we do a Pork pie one, Doug and I would need a special edition

As for a tutor, I've enjoyed having Ray's help to date, but I think I'll do my own thing this time. I know enough to get around a track safely now and can't see the benefit in perfecting lines on tracks I may never drive again.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:41 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug,

Can I get a copy of the draft itinerary, a want Jenni to come down for a couple of days. Not sure if we can fit a drive out to the Milford Sound in? She will have no interest in track days, but will enjoy the drives.......
Old 12-29-2013, 04:49 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Taster
Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2013, 05:37 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Doug,

Can I get a copy of the draft itinerary, a want Jenni to come down for a couple of days. Not sure if we can fit a drive out to the Milford Sound in? She will have no interest in track days, but will enjoy the drives.......
Sure, I've reposted the link to all the dropbox itinerary files on rennsportgruppe:
http://www.rennsportgruppe.org.nz/fo....msg886#msg886

There is room to fit the drive to Milford Sound in for those who aren't driving weary.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete. Cayman for SITT was just too tempting eh! I understand, if it were me it would be the same. Originally you weren't down to tour with Doug and the guys down, has that changed, sounds like and hope so.
Nope - Paul and I are both booked to fly into Chch and then drive through the pass to meet you all at Franz Joseph. Plenty of time for some extra driving on off days though.

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
So when I'm right up your **** in a similar albeit less powerful car and you're getting familiar with the main straight coming up you'll just wave me past. Yeah right. :-P
Doug, if your boxster is anything to go by I'm going to love the cayman. But I won't hold you up - promise!!

Originally Posted by John McM
Chris is checking out freighting cars from ChCh to Auckland. I'll do that. Not sure about the support options. It's a big journey to take a van all that way for 'eventualities'. Maybe we just take obvious spares and leave the rest to luck?
Pretty sure we have PV booked for transport - 2 cars down and 4 back. I have no idea about spares - will have new tyres, full main service, new brakes, rotors & fluids - then looking for the luck of which you speak...

Great. Wonder if we can get access to the tracks on the way down? Even one lap of Pukekohe, HD and Taupo on the way down would give us the right to put them on the decal. Every track in NZ in a 2 week period.

Someone stop me before this gets out of hand.....
Nope - this is going to be fun to watch!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:39 PM
O2GO
Drifting

There wasn't actually a T Shirt thread.... I'd emailed Sam directly about a generic RSG T shirt but have always wanted to design one for the SITT.... we need to start stamping these limited edition designs out for each tour :-)
Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Doug, if your boxster is anything to go by I'm going to love the cayman. But I won't hold you up - promise!!
You misunderstand. I'm not suggesting you're not the perfect gentleman on the track. What I'm suggesting is that you will find it within you to give me a bloody good chase and enjoy your car the way it was designed to be able to be used. Like you're going to hold back always.... yeah right :-P

You are going to love that car.... and with the engine right behind you the acoustics over 5,000rpm are something else.

So glad you got a manual. The clutch is real easy on your leg and I drive mine through the city both ways every day. It is not an issue.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:22 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Re SITT:

Freight of track wheels and spare parts. Discuss mechanical support options with Steve. Have we done that?
I've had some discussions with Steve about this and current thinking would be that if we want spares, tyres, etc., we ship any gear we want down to Queenstown in a container and set-up there. If required we could then move it to Christchurch as well. An option would then be for Daniel to come down in my car, but more discussions to be had on that one in the New Year.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:22 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys - I just realised we have reached a milestone - 500 pages of Pcar talk. Surely we hold the record for the longest thread...........

993 had gone back to Conti's as I have nowhere to store it :-(
Old 12-29-2013, 06:24 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

What's the general interest for Sunday 5th lunch?
John, unfortunately I can't make it, racing at Taupo this weekend with Porsche and GTRNZ series. Shame as I would love to see the 993's and here more about Macca's trip and the GT3
Old 12-29-2013, 06:27 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

On another point, I'm thinking of turning my SITT trip into a cape reinga to bluff effort. My ferry booking will allow me to do that. Any one else interested?
That will be an awesome trip and I would definitely be keen, unfortunately my nephew is getting married the weekend before we head off and getting away a bit earlier would use up too many home credits before we even start the SITT so I will have to say no!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:32 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Pretty sure we have PV booked for transport - 2 cars down and 4 back. I have no idea about spares - will have new tyres, full main service, new brakes, rotors & fluids - then looking for the luck of which you speak..
Yes, e-mail to PV confirming booking for 2 down and 4 back, no acknowledgement received, but I'm sure it will be okay and I will chase again in the New Year.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

T shirt....
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2013, 08:31 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Doug, I see Ron's run starts on Sunday, 16th from Auckland. The only way this would work for me is to drive to Kaitaia on the night of Friday, 14 March, the knock off Cape Reinga first thing on Saturday and carry straight back to Auckland. I'm still keen, but I'll understand if it doesn't fit your preferred driving style. My motivation is bucket list more than anything.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Guys - I just realised we have reached a milestone - 500 pages of Pcar talk. Surely we hold the record for the longest thread........... 993 had gone back to Conti's as I have nowhere to store it :-(
One thread in off topic (word association) is 4,250 + pages long, but yes we are up there otherwise. The only pain with long threads is searching them.

When is your house finished? It has enough garaging, right?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?