Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 07:48 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by RLR997
Just got the 997.1TT back from Powerhaus with everything buttoned up and perfect, loving the car but now is time for the aftermarket mods. 4 things on the list, I am keen to get local advice on:
1. Exhaust - Whose got one, what is it and where did you get it and how much?
2. Tune - Who'd you use and why? I had a V8 BMW previously and Kevin @ UMW suggested his tune with an exhaust could extract a similar torque on the low rev range.
3. DSC Module - Anyone go down this path? Recommend? Previously thought this would be great but since having the rear shocks replaced not sure it is still essential
4. Wheels - I would love some Fifteen52's Outlaw 001m - Machined RSR in gold to contrast against the black paint but total costs make these a non-starter. Anyone gone the OZ or other route?

If you're in Wellington let me know also as I am keen to get a couple drives done too.
1. I have a Kline 2.5” catless - not too loud, but I’ll probably go back to the 200cell cats at some point. Sounds great overall IMO. I bought mine from Kline directly, ended up being about $3000 landed.

2. I’ve gone with UMW - Kevin is a good guy and knows his stuff. Recommended.

3. Yes, mandatory IMO, especially if lowered. Settles the stock car and removes the binary nature of the stock PASM.

4. I’ve put Champion wheels on mine. Bought used off Rennlist. Would not pay new prices as they’re obscene. Would only buy wheels lighter than factory if it was me. Weiss Gold looks good - considering painting my track wheels this colour but unsure how it will look on a silver car. I rate my orange ones as well but two sets in that colour might be pushing it lol. Maybe a new blue or even red.

I’ll be in Wellington on the 9th of March if you want to take a look/listen/drive.

Last edited by nzskater; 02-04-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:24 PM
RLR997
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
1. I have a Kline 2.5” catless - not too loud, but I’ll probably go back to the 200cell cats at some point. Sounds great overall IMO. I bought mine from Kline directly, ended up being about $3000 landed.

2. I’ve gone with UMW - Kevin is a good guy and knows his stuff. Recommended.

3. Yes, mandatory IMO, especially if lowered. Settles the stock car and removes the binary nature of the stock PASM.

4. I’ve put Champion wheels on mine. Bought used off Rennlist. Would not pay new prices as they’re obscene. Would only buy wheels lighter than factory if it was me. Weiss Gold looks good - considering painting my track wheels this colour but unsure how it will look on a silver car. I rate my orange ones as well but two sets in that colour might be pushing it lol. Maybe a new blue or even red.

I’ll be in Wellington on the 9th of March if you want to take a look/listen/drive.
Cheers, 9th Sounds good, how long are you down?
Old 02-04-2020, 08:57 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by RLR997
Cheers, 9th Sounds good, how long are you down?
sent you a PM
Old 02-12-2020, 05:54 AM
NBL
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Hi

Hi everyone. I’ve been on the forums for a while and didn’t know there was regional thread! Great to see other 964 owners on here.

I bought a pretty rough 1991 c2 last year and have been slowly fixing it up. Luckily it already has KW suspension and cup ones. It’s a tip though, and I want a manual, so I have bought a G50 and all the parts for the swap. Even installled a lift. Decided I would wait till a few other jobs were done before I drop the engine for the first time. The engine will need work too, which I’m keen to do myself, as well as the swap.

so far I have ripped out the interior, the seats are away for reupholstering, the carpet was changed from grey to black. Still need to do the door cards. I’ve installed a fab speed twin exhaust and headers. Just had the bumper painted last week. Also just replaced all the wheel bearings. Also replaced numerous hvac servos, fuses, electrical gadgets etc etc. I had everything working sweet, but now the hvac hAs decided to stop blowing cold. Add that to the list.

I nudged a bank on the Kawakawa bay road, so the front has been replaced and looks new too. Thanks AON insurance!

I met John McM on the forums, who has been super helpful - thanks John!

I’m in South Auckland in Ararimu, out in the Hunua Ranges. Great roads out here!

Let me know if anyone is around for a catch up sometime. Also happy to help if anyone needs a hand with a project.
Cheers
Nick
The following users liked this post:
J1NX3D (02-12-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Owen O'Connor
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Yes to all M150 is no cats or lambda gear so close loop system for omissions....CO2 potentiometer for idle mix usually...
Hi, I have a South African 996 gt3 with this code. Is it ok to run the car on unleaded petrol?
Old 04-29-2020, 01:09 AM
Quen
6th Gear

Hello everyone, just moved from the states to NZ before lockdown. Now with a 991 gt3 here. I've been quote extra 30% during this time on top of msrp for parts in here. Do most of you order parts from overseas?
Old 04-29-2020, 02:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Quen
Hello everyone, just moved from the states to NZ before lockdown. Now with a 991 gt3 here. I've been quote extra 30% during this time on top of msrp for parts in here. Do most of you order parts from overseas?
Hi. Welcome to NZ. Long story short, unless it’s warranty work or done at an OPC, then we order from overseas. There are a range of suppliers. For my Spyder and 964 I tend to use Design 911 in the UK. However this was prior to Covid 19 and the airline shutdown which may make the freight more expensive and slower. One of the big issues with various suppliers is the freight cost. Some in the US have no idea where NZ is and use expensive freight options. Are you on Facebook? If so there is a group of locals there that run 991 GT3s. They would know more.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:43 AM
Quen
6th Gear

Thanks John, will try to locate the group. I buy from sunset/suncoast when I am in the States, going to see if they will ship things here. Can't wait to explore all the tracks and roads in NZ!
Old 04-29-2020, 02:51 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

I concur with all of the above. I have a much more modest model but shop overseas too. i also look at sunset, suncoast but 99% of the time I buy my genuine parts from Marin Porsche (was Sonnen Porsche) in CA 94941 https://www.porschemarinparts.com/

This scraper site can turn up some good prices and/or good vendors. https://www.porschepartsbyjeff.com/

For freight from US, even a small package of parts can cost NZD$80 shipping!! So I use youshop.co.nz for small parts (not as good now they charge 15% GST on everything) and I have used them yet but have been highly recommended Chucks Restoration Supplies in Auckland for large parts
https://www.chucksnz.co.nz/vehicle-goods-shipping
Old 04-29-2020, 04:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 344 Posts

Thanks John, will try to locate the group. I buy from sunset/suncoast when I am in the States, going to see if they will ship things here. Can't wait to explore all the tracks and roads in NZ!
look for this
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...ac263bc21.jpeg

Old 04-29-2020, 04:40 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Hey Quen, do you track your cars? There will be a few of us 991 gt3 guys at a track day on the 21 may, at Hampton downs if your keen? Otherwise look up the Porsche club New Zealand Facebook page...
Old 04-29-2020, 10:08 AM
Quen
6th Gear

Thanks for the all the tips and head up guys. I am in Wellington so I assume powerhaus is the choice of shop?

I do track my car and that's the reason I bought it in the first place.I am only in NZ ~4 months a year. However, I am not sure if I will be in NZ on May 21 yet. Will check out PCNZ, are you guys all on there?
Old 04-29-2020, 10:11 AM
Quen
6th Gear

I find Porsche to be great drives in general. My only other Porsche was a 987 cayman S. I still miss that car, made me consider a GT4 but couldn't deal with the wait.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:32 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Quen - You might find if you have a cheaper postage option from the US (friends, family etc) you might get a lot of us ordering together with you to get a good lot of parts here and sharing freight. As mentioned above, the freight here from places like Pelican parts is ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:31 AM
RLR997
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi All, in the market for a second hand Cayenne for the wife to supplement the daily driver 997TT. I've seen a couple in CHCH, can anyone recommend a decent inspection service for the area. Car appears to be serviced @ Archibalds, so inclined to ask them to do a PPI but not sure if this is something they do, or do well. Any suggestions welcome.

@nzskater We never managed to catch up as result of my last minute trip to AUS and COVID, hope your South Island tour went well.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?