Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Are you still thinking Dual Mass flywheel for your 964? If so Scott probably wont be taking this now so let me know as he could pick it up with the other stuff. You may have solved your LWFC issue but from experience this may come back again or it may not. The idle stabalisation can have somewhat mixed results over time (it wasnt a feature for 993 so I never played with it on the hammer but I know plenty about the LWFC from an engine ECU perspective and why it happens as i had to learn all about this when going to LINK). I guess only time will tell...
Right now, a DMF isn't in the plan. I'm getting a quote for Veloces and waiting Contis word on general ca condition.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, sorry to read your missive.. I've got most of your engine oil off the bonnet of my 'show pony', as recall yr motor blew just as I was coming to pass you...(yea,right!)
good luck with the plans and schemes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 PM
PHG
Racer

John, dont you just love technology..now i can sit at the 'putor and listen to a Porsche..cheaper than leaving mine running outside the window.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Playday seem to have reserved 4 May and 9 June as next "Porsche Group" days plus they have released details of plenty of other dates from now through June.

Weather looking all good for Friday - have posted over on Europacific but if everyone's keen we should get organised for food and beverages for the day (give Paul something to cook while he's not driving our cars!!)
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

4 May it is then. I might do the twilight next week on 3 April. Any interest anyone?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Paul, sorry to read your missive.. I've got most of your engine oil off the bonnet of my 'show pony', as recall yr motor blew just as I was coming to pass you...(yea,right!)
good luck with the plans and schemes
Eh - if memory serves me correct I had just passed you...........

Just because you were boxed in by slower cars and I could zip up the inside had nothing to do with it...............
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
(give Paul something to cook while he's not driving our cars!!)
BBQ bitch and beer tester duties
Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I visited Macca's "Alladins Cave" of car stuff earlier today.

Its a shrine to all things Porsche. Could almost be a tourist destination.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
John, dont you just love technology..now i can sit at the 'putor and listen to a Porsche..cheaper than leaving mine running outside the window.
Unfortunately, in that online engine medley is a stray knock. Right now the suspect noise is thought to be coming from the left bank. I'm almost certainly going to have to take one of the other cars out to the track while the mechanics narrow down the noise
Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John, sorry to hear about your mallady. Hopefully nothing too serious. I was in at CCS today having a coffee with Dean and he explained the symptoms. Hopefully its something as simple as the ramps needing replacing. Probably a good idea to leave it at home Friday and take the 996TT which should prove reliable and easier to drive fast.

While I was at CCS Chris and Rob tried hard to sell me that 997 Sport Classic. I must say its a beautiful car and will make someone very happy. Not me unless a childless Nigerian BP executive dies his legal representative wires me the money for a commission LOL!

Heres Peter working his magic on the 993 alignment. I needed more negative camber after Sundays drive and hes dialled in 2.5 degrees rear and 2 degrees front. More than enough for the track! He has some great modern gear there and as always is a wealth of knowledge on setting these cars up...
Attached Images   
Old 03-26-2013, 03:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca, I'm going in tomorrow first thing to look. It appears there is something in the oil. We're looking at an exploratory tear down and then a total strip and reassemble, at best. There is no way it's going to the track this Friday. I will take the 996. Maybe see if Paul wants to bring the Turbo 3.6 as well. Don't get excited Paul, it would not be all out on the track but is like to see what it feels like closer to the edge.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

John - fingers crossed for you. If you're taking the 6T, move 5 places up the grid!!

Macca - surprised I didn't catch you at CCS today. Dropped mine into Mick (thanks for the recommendation) and then back into the tyre centre later in the day. I resisted temptation to look at the sport classic (again) but at that money its either the Nigerian bank or Lotto.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:33 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Macca, I'm going in tomorrow first thing to look. It appears there is something in the oil. We're looking at an exploratory tear down and then a total strip and reassemble, at best. There is no way it's going to the track this Friday. I will take the 996. Maybe see if Paul wants to bring the Turbo 3.6 as well. Don't get excited Paul, it would not be all out on the track but is like to see what it feels like closer to the edge.
Mate - I'd just settle for a spin in the passengers seat...........
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Peter. So that was your 964! I had a nosey passing the wheel/tyre fitting bay. Asked Dean who had the really clean '92 red C2 with Beige leather. He didn't know which car I meant! Looks like a good example. Sorry I missed you. Was probably sitting in the Sport Classic. There is so much fine detail in that car it takes many looks to identify and process it all (double bubble roof, wide body, bespoke front and rear bumpers, totally custom exclusive interior, HP upgrade. PCCB etc). Im still working out if our old M5 would make a good ram raid car to pay for it LOL!

John. Something in the oil doesn't sound wonderfully positive. Could be anything I guess. Hopefully nothing bottom end.

Fingers crossed!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911

Mate - I'd just settle for a spin in the passengers seat...........
Why don't you drive it out and back, just to get the obsession out of your system? Can't hurt it that way. A little bit over Porsche's right now so not sure I want to risk it on the track unprepared.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?