Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

^^ Uh oh!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Protecting the line and blocking are 2 different things. As long as you only make one move to protect the line, I don't see a problem.

But Dive bombing the same car, at the same turn, in the same race, is just very very low probability odds.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:13 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 86 Posts

OT, but: Steward at our recent race defined blocking as a "reactive" move (in which you move in reaction to what the guy behind you is doing, with the intent of keeping him behind you). It is not allowed. Not even one such move. You can move all you want, take whichever line you want, but you get zero blocking moves.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,681 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
really no need to be left. I found that for all practical purposes I could go through the bus stop just as quick entering from the left, middle or right side of the straight.
+1, totally correct.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Inconsistency is the issue.

Last edited by Gary R.; 06-07-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Calmer and gentler Rennlist..
Old 06-06-2013, 10:30 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by quickxotica
OT, but: Steward at our recent race defined blocking as a "reactive" move (in which you move in reaction to what the guy behind you is doing, with the intent of keeping him behind you). It is not allowed. Not even one such move. You can move all you want, take whichever line you want, but you get zero blocking moves.
Here is something from a PRC document that maybe of use to you:

Blocking

• If you are changing your line because of what the car behind you is doing you are blocking. You are allowed your one move but waiting to last second to use it is not acceptable.

• When exiting a corner you have one move to pick your entrance to next corner. Waiting late till other driver makes his move and then you change lines is blocking.

• If you use outside line and cut across corner to block another car you are blocking.

Scott
Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
+1, totally correct.
from the left is definitely slower on entry to the bus stop( De line ), Middle is Ideal, the right has the potential to be fastest but most unsettling
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Here is something from a PRC document that maybe of use to you:

Blocking

• If you are changing your line because of what the car behind you is doing you are blocking. You are allowed your one move but waiting to last second to use it is not acceptable.

• When exiting a corner you have one move to pick your entrance to next corner. Waiting late till other driver makes his move and then you change lines is blocking.

• If you use outside line and cut across corner to block another car you are blocking.

Scott
Yup, thanks. I have read PRC's too. Makes perfect sense & pretty similar actually.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
from the left is definitely slower on entry to the bus stop( De line ), Middle is Ideal, the right has the potential to be fastest but most unsettling
+1 Same way with the bus stop at Daytona. You have to go a little deeper there but shallower seems to be faster, and riskier at both.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Middle is Ideal, the right has the potential to be fastest but most unsettling
+2
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Inconsistency is the issue. Weather it be a bad call that costs someone a race for "blocking" when both racers involved KNOW it's an idiotic call or the latest nonsense where someone dive-bombs and ends the race of a good racer, who makes the final call? I raced someone to a corner, was side-by-side, he started turning in so I whacked my brakes 1/2 way into the corner and we both spun when we touched. His wheel touched my front corner, I had scuff marks and a slightly flattened headlight bucket, he had a scuffed wheel, we both could have continued on. No video and I was clear that I braked to avoid contact and that caused my spin... Went in and the weekend was over for me. I call FOUL until this all becomes consistent. I saw a video at Limerock where a popular CT guy RAMMED a guy in the downhill.. no one got a 13. Now I look at two videos that anyone with 20/20 vision could judge.. Have the rules changed? And it you tell me "NASA is worse"? BS Brian, and it's time you started listening to us or retire. It's OUR club guys, and we need to stop letting the "good ol boys" dictate. I for one am sick and tired of status quo, the "they are all volunteers", and you better duck if you have a different opinion" attitude. Scrut me until your ***** fall off, i'm not going away and I won't be intimidated. Sean, i'm with you an it's time for a (lot of) change!!
Unfortunately I have to agree. My experience is that BH makes up his mind early despite evidence to the contrary. JMO
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Hey, who do you think cares what you (any of you) think? If you have an intelligent opinion it won't matter, so don't waste your time here... (Bob, not directed at you, timing is everything!)
Old 06-06-2013, 11:00 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Hey, who do you think cares what you (any of you) think? If you have an intelligent opinion it won't matter, so don't waste your time here... (Bob, not directed at you, timing is everything!)
lol+++++++
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

See you in 2 weeks, Bob
Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
See you in 2 weeks, Bob
I'll only be at CVR Mon and Tues got wait listed for Niagara.

Quick Reply: Mishaps, I still don't get it.