Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:19 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If Alonso wins the 2010 WDC, I will resign as a Moderator and leave Rennlist and this forum, buy a Panamera, run a hose from the exhaust into the cabin and wait for death due to CO poisoning, then have my body transferred to a Cayenne which is then placed onto a barge, set ablaze and cast off into the Atlantic Ocean in a southerly direction towards Sir A.Wayne...
Be careful what you ask for. Alonso looked very racy in P2. He could be on the front row tomorrow and as long as he finishes ahead of Webber and Hamilton, he is inching towards your destruction, lol.
I know you will come around. That is Alonso's charm. When he wins his WDC, you will become one of his biggest fans.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Testy there Finn... testyyyyyy ! ................ Am i missing sumting more than KR not being in F1 ?

Ray............... practice results ?
Hey now! Leave my testies out of this!

All in good fun buddy, but tell me, did you google it and what was the result?
(I tried and googled "Massa Alonso FIA hearing revs" and plenty of sites popped up...)

Originally Posted by enduro911
Finn/Pete/Wayne, thanks for the "faux" clarification. I'm not sure I like the definition though, leaves the door open to criticize even good drivers, like Schumacher (yes Wayne, we know you don't think he's quick), Hamilton and Alonso (as Pete mentioned). Webber in my opinion is above average, but he also fits right in due to the team orders...kinda tough to argue how Vettel could just had an engine splutter and then get right to finishing better than Webber. If the door is open to anything that makes a driver into a WC that his teammate did not receive, let's not forget Honda's preference for certain drivers at certain times in the 80s, which would make the Almighty Senna a definite "faux" champion. Of course no one in their right mind is going to admit to that.............will they?

BTW welcome back Nick Heidfeld. Good to see that Sauber finally got somebody to replace Slow Pedro.
I agree, I think the whole "Faux Champion" is faux definition although i do agree with Wayne when he's against Schumi being complete No. 1, Rubens letting Schumi by, Schumi always having spare car, extra testing (remember those flights on Thursday evening to Maranello during Monaco weekend and testing the Friday for Saturday quali, that never was done with the other driver) etc. etc. etc. That was bull**** and clearly add some "fauxness" to Schumi's achievements, I don't think there's any questions about that.

And yes, good to see "Quick Nick" back!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:39 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I know you will come around. That is Alonso's charm. When he wins his WDC, you will become one of his biggest fans.
I would rather buy a Cayenne, then drive to get a root canal, without novacaine, from an epileptic dentist, who just discovered that I was sleeping with his wife and daughter, than ever support Alonso.

Sorry, character and integrity matters and Alonso is devoid of both.

Besides, I am President of the Takuma Sato F1 fan club....
Old 09-24-2010, 05:42 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber delivered a humbling performance to their rivals in Friday evening’s second practice session at the Marina Bay track in Singapore. In a session which was faster initially than the previous one as the newly-resurfaced part of the track became grippier, but seemed to reach a peak after about an hour, the German lapped his RB6 in 1m 46.660s, fully 0.627s quicker than Webber’s 1m 47.287s.

There was then a big gap to Jenson Button’s third fastest McLaren, which the 2009 world champion took round in 1m 47.690s. Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso was on target to improve on that, but ran down the Turn 18 escape road after getting loose exiting Turn 17, and may have stalled after reversing back on track.

The Spaniard did not get going again, and thus placed fourth with 1m 47.718s. McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton was fifth on 1m 47.818s, completing the runners below 1m 48s. Rubens Barrichello took sixth for Williams with 1m 48.302s, and as usual the times were then very close all the way down to Force India’s Adrian Sutil in 16th place.

Felipe Massa was seventh in his Ferrari on 1m 48.341s, followed by Mercedes GP’s Nico Rosberg on 1m 48.679s, Renault’s Robert Kubica on 1m 48.855s, Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher on 1m 48.889s, Williams’ Nico Hulkenberg on 1m 49.153s, Kamui Kobayashi and Nick Heidfeld in the BMW Saubers on 1m 49.438s and 1m 49.558s, Renault’s Vitaly Petrov on 1m 49.608s and then Force India team mates Vitantonio Liuzzi and Sutil on 1m 49.896s and 1m 49.984s.

Besides Alonso, Sutil provided the only real drama of the session when, having set his time, he got the chicane wrong quite early on, vaulting over the first kerb and landing so heavily astride the second that he broke his Force India’s left front suspension and was through for the rest of the session.

Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi were 17th and 18th in the Toro Rossos, on 1m 50.191s and 1m 50.896s, while Heikki Kovalainen gave Lotus a clear advantage among the new teams with 1m 51.878s. Timo Glock led Virgin team mate Lucas di Grassi (back in the car after Jerome d’Ambrosio’s morning run), with 1m 52.150s to 1m 53.431s.

Jarno Trulli was 22nd in the Lotus he took over from Fairuz Fauzy, lapping it in 1m 53.526s, then Bruno Senna led HRT team mate Christian Klien with 1m 54.725s to 1m 55.542s.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:44 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I would rather buy a Cayenne, then drive to get a root canal, without novacaine, from an epileptic dentist, who just discovered that I was sleeping with his wife and daughter, than ever support Alonso.

Originally Posted by ltc
Sorry, character and integrity matters and Alonso is devoid of both.

Rofl ..... Coming from a Schumacher fan Must be the biggest case of cognitive dissonance hevar !!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Pos No Driver Team Time/Retired Gap Laps
1 5 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:46.660 29
2 6 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:47.287 0.627 27
3 1 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:47.690 1.030 28
4 8 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:47.718 1.058 20
5 2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:47.818 1.158 28
6 9 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:48.302 1.642 31
7 7 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:48.341 1.681 28
8 4 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 1:48.679 2.019 26
9 11 Robert Kubica Renault 1:48.855 2.195 15
10 3 Michael Schumacher Mercedes GP 1:48.889 2.229 31
11 10 Nico Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:49.153 2.493 32
12 23 Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:49.438 2.778 30
13 22 Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:49.558 2.898 26
14 12 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:49.608 2.948 30
15 15 Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:49.896 3.236 28
16 14 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:49.984 3.324 11
17 17 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 1:50.191 3.531 31
18 16 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:50.896 4.236 35
19 19 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:51.878 5.218 30
20 24 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:52.150 5.490 22
Old 09-24-2010, 05:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

Rofl ..... Coming from a Schumacher fan Must be the biggest case of cognitive dissonance hevar !!!!

Yes. As I've stated in the past, I admire what Schumacher & company built at Ferrari.
I also admire his (IMHO unrivaled) ability at that time to lay down lap times 1 second quicker per lap, on queue from Brawn, in order to build a gap and/or execute a strategy.

Will he ever do that again? Probably not, but much like Senna driving in the wet, at least I got the chance to see it.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by enduro911
Finn/Pete/Wayne, thanks for the "faux" clarification. I'm not sure I like the definition though, leaves the door open to criticize even good drivers, like Schumacher (yes Wayne, we know you don't think he's quick), Hamilton and Alonso (as Pete mentioned). Webber in my opinion is above average, but he also fits right in due to the team orders...kinda tough to argue how Vettel could just had an engine splutter and then get right to finishing better than Webber. If the door is open to anything that makes a driver into a WC that his teammate did not receive, let's not forget Honda's preference for certain drivers at certain times in the 80s, which would make the Almighty Senna a definite "faux" champion. Of course no one in their right mind is going to admit to that.............will they?

BTW welcome back Nick Heidfeld. Good to see that Sauber finally got somebody to replace Slow Pedro.
Schumacher is faux 7 and Button Faux 1 , there are no other Faux champions currently in the sport . Alonso , Hamilton and Webbo do not fit that category , Vettel does, hence why his failures are as predictable as Schumachers ...

Still it would be interesting to me, to hear how you have determined that Schumacher was fast ......

Who was he really faster than, Barichello ? We know that's not true .. Eddie Irvine ? Schumacher had him banned from testing when he proved to be faster than him in his first race for Ferrari ( Australia 96) and less not forget , it was Irvine who brought Ferrari to the gate of there first championship during that era, not Schumacher , He was well on his way with Salo until Todt's usualy BS Intervened ..

Rosberg ? .. Well we know what's happening there ...

Also he was slower than his other contemporaries of the time, Hakkinen Montoya and , Raikkonen for sure... He was so obviously afraid of KR he had preferred to end his career than race him as a teammate one on one....

He was also beaten and out driven on many occasions by Damon Hill and JV, Coulthard did give him some stick 2 , so how good was this guy .?. please tell me , from where i sit he was nothing special and his return has proven that immensely .....

Most telling is how the other drivers snicker when you mention Schumacher , they know, Mr Faux 7.....

Again it would be Interesting to hear how you have determined that Schumacher was fast , when no one was allowed to race him .... !!!!!

Originally Posted by ltc
If Alonso wins the 2010 WDC, I will resign as a Moderator and leave Rennlist and this forum, buy a Panamera, run a hose from the exhaust into the cabin and wait for death due to CO poisoning, then have my body transferred to a Cayenne which is then placed onto a barge, set ablaze and cast off into the Atlantic Ocean in a southerly direction towards Sir A.Wayne...
Sad to see you go lewis ... ahhhh, let Pete go instead .........

Originally Posted by ltc
Yes. As I've stated in the past, I admire what Schumacher & company built at Ferrari.
I also admire his (IMHO unrivaled) ability at that time to lay down lap times 1 second quicker per lap, on queue from Brawn, in order to build a gap and/or execute a strategy.

Will he ever do that again? Probably not, but much like Senna driving in the wet, at least I got the chance to see it.
You are aware that Schumacher has done x10 everything you despise Alonso for and he was actually charged for his Malfeasance not just accusations as you are now doing with Alonso..

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-25-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wayne,

Your comments that Alonso has won wthout help is such bull****.

Alonso is with Ferrari, the one team where Bernie has his tongue up their backside. From the way Brenie treats Ferrari it makes me wonder if he is afraid that Ferrari will leave if they do not get their way. FIA did not ding Ferrari for team orders. Team orders that even Stevie Wonder could see. I am willing to bet if McLearn did the same thing whoever won would be stripped of the title. His attitude and tantrums make my teenage daughter look calm, cool, collected, and drama free.

How come Alonso seems to be around all the scandals? Is he bad luck? or just a snake.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,379 Likes on 2,003 Posts
Talking Former Stig and Grand Prix Ace calls Alonso, "a Whiner"

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/163526/..._a_whiner.html
Old 09-25-2010, 01:25 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28
Wayne,

Your comments that Alonso has won wthout help is such bull****.

Alonso is with Ferrari, the one team where Bernie has his tongue up their backside. From the way Brenie treats Ferrari it makes me wonder if he is afraid that Ferrari will leave if they do not get their way. FIA did not ding Ferrari for team orders. Team orders that even Stevie Wonder could see. I am willing to bet if McLearn did the same thing whoever won would be stripped of the title. His attitude and tantrums make my teenage daughter look calm, cool, collected, and drama free.

How come Alonso seems to be around all the scandals? Is he bad luck? or just a snake.

Are you saying Alonso was slower than his teammates and received help to beat them .. please provide me with some proof , as i have with pages of videos and print about Schumacher's malfeasance ...

Where were your anger when Bernie was giving Ferrari special treatment during the Schumacher era ...Yeah i thought so .....

Talk about BS !!!

Yes team orders have existed before and with some teams more than others. Unfortunately for all you Schumacher ball washers , never in the history of the sport has one man received so much outside assistance and I'm sure if you know the sport as you claim you do , you would know this ..

I remember the reverence other drivers had of Lauda , his accomplishments, his return to the sport after his horrific accident and well as other past greats. I have never seen one man achieve so much and his contemporaries talk about him with such disdain , no respect for his talents or the man .... speaks volumes !!!!!

Schumacher is the biggest fraud Hevar perpetrated by Bernie and this
sport , Piquet Jr Malfeasance in Singapore pales by comparison, Schumacher's return to the sport could only have been exciting to those blinded by the smoke , the man had nothing to return on, as predicted by the one ...

So please, spare me , there is no one currently in the sport receiving assistance like Schumacher had in the past ........ none !!!!

Ohhh... More reality to **** you guys off ...............

Alonso Voted the Best Active F1 Driver by Fellow Racers

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/al...ers-22754.html

Alonso 'under much more pressure' at Ferrari than Schumacher was

http://www.crash.net/f1/News/163573/...acher_was.html

Michael Schumacher: It's been a flop :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motors...5875-22329696/

I should add, at about this time Pete gave Faux 7 return an "A " thought he was doing a fantastic job and was worth all 30 million of his yearly salary ..

Talk about BS !!!

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-25-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:43 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FGL28
Wayne,

Sir A. Wayne,
I would love to hear you spin the answer to this question, as long as it does not involve the use of the word "Schumacher"

The obvious answer is probably something along the lines of "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is " ...
Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Sir A. Wayne,
I would love to hear you spin the answer to this question, as long as it does not involve the use of the word "Schumacher"

The obvious answer is probably something along the lines of "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is " ...
Even though I might be speaking out of line, I will chime in. We can easily look at some of the scandals and dissect them.
McLaren: Ron Dennis's way of running his ship was despised by most of his ex drivers, be it Alonso, KR or Montoya. Even DC was not a big fan of RD. RD was clearly favoring one driver, be it Mika or KR. No WDC would ever want to be treated like a 2nd class citizen. Most drivers are too afraid to speak up but Montoya and Alonso (Latin temperament) would not take it and stood up to him. RD clearly lied about the dossier and his team was caught cheating red handed.
Crashgate: Why is it that Alonso had to be involved in crashgate even though time after time, it has been made clear that he was not involved. And if you guys ar willing to give him a pass, why doesn't anyone consider Hami to be involved in Spygate as well? Heck, sounds like a similar situation to me. How could one driver not know what is going on within the team.
But as always, the standards are different.
Alonso speaks his mind and will not take other's BS.
As far as what MS did, only person to ever beat his dreamteam is Alonso. If you worship Scumi, you have to put Alonso on even a higher ground.
Raj
Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
....As far as what MS did, only person to ever beat his is Alonso. If you worship Scumi, you have to put Alonso on even a higher ground.
Raj
Raj, you ever heard this fellow called Hakkinen?
Ask Schumi, the one and only river he admits fearing of was Mika,and for a reason...
One of the best passes in F1 history...
Old 09-25-2010, 12:15 PM
PPo
Drifting

Like him... Hate him... Respect him... Despise him... You have to admit, that was an impressive performance to be on poll for the race.

Quick Reply: 2010 Singapore Grand Prix