2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 02:22 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
MJ, you view Prost as a cheater................. Wow !

How did he cheat?
Do you consider Schumi a cheater? What do you call Schumi because he hit Jacques in 1997 and Damon in 1994? Dirty. A snake. A cheater. Chose whatever word floats your boat, and use it for Prost for what he did in 1989 at Suzuka.

I'm sure any reasonable person could understand Prost desire not to be Senna's teammate after his past experiences , one has to wonder why Aryton would want to go through all those emotions again anyway ...
Because Ayrton didn't give a **** who his team mate was, he wasn't afraid of anyone and knew he could beat everyone. Why? Because he wasn't a pu$$y and oh yeah wanted to be in the best car.

Prost is French , I know , I know , but that's about the worst you can say about him IMO as an F1 driver ...

As a team owner ....... wellll Yeah ..somewhat ............
There's a fundamental difference between the two of us. I don't ever base my opinion on someone because of where they're from. I base it on my direct interactions with them. Prost was a great drover but based on my direct interaction with him, he was a *****.

Prost's deal with Williams in 1993 and how he won the 1989 championship makes him a "faux champion".

Man I miss the types of answers, circa 3:14:
Old 10-02-2010, 02:34 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MJ...WTF... Fundamental Differences..

You are equating Schumachers past malfeasance to Prost , when did Prost run someone off a track like schumacher, Prost did turn in on ( close the door) Senna at suzuka at the chicane , to block and if that's your reason to be calling the man a cheat .... Wow !

What would you call Aryton's previous malfeasance to Prost .. a joke

I don't know what fundamental difference you are prescribing to , but i guess you did not get " It " as being a joke in reference... and yes Prost could be a ***** , but nothing you have brought forward shows the man to be a thief or a cheater....

I would have hated to have heard senna's comments if he saw Schumacher's contract .....

Prost could be considered a ***** and in some way or the other the top one's are, but a liar and a cheat and evoke Schumacher in the same sentence ....

Sorry cannot agree there ..
Old 10-02-2010, 02:51 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

MJ... a little sumting , sumting for your christmas list ...

http://www.amazon.com/Senna-Versus-P.../dp/1846055407

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:41 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Let's just agree to disagree. Let me end this by saying that Prost suggested I do things that you would crucify Schumi for.

Btw you've very noticeably avoided answering the question/comparison of how his "turning in" as you put it, on Senna, is any different than 1994 and/or 1997. What do you call Schumi for both of those incidents? Whatever that is Prost is that. What do you call Schumi for his ridiculous one sided contracts? Whatever that is, Prost is that.

Let me save you the time and effort of doing your best Danny Sullivan at Indy in 1985 impersonation by trying to "Spin & Win" your way out of this, for at least his last two WDC, Prost was a faux champion.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:51 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed

Man I miss the types of answers, circa 3:14:
How frigging classic is that! Thanks for posting. So refreshing. Had to laugh at Mansell giggling off camera and then back to full screen hearty pat on the back and Berger trying to hide under his cap. Ripper.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:04 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,499 Likes on 2,082 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
How frigging classic is that! Thanks for posting. So refreshing. Had to laugh at Mansell giggling off camera and then back to full screen hearty pat on the back and Berger trying to hide under his cap. Ripper.
+1
Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's another fun one:

Old 10-02-2010, 03:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Let's just agree to disagree. Let me end this by saying that Prost suggested I do things that you would crucify Schumi for.

Btw you've very noticeably avoided answering the question/comparison of how his "turning in" as you put it, on Senna, is any different than 1994 and/or 1997. What do you call Schumi for both of those incidents? Whatever that is Prost is that. What do you call Schumi for his ridiculous one sided contracts? Whatever that is, Prost is that.

Let me save you the time and effort of doing your best Danny Sullivan at Indy in 1985 impersonation by trying to "Spin & Win" your way out of this, for at least his last two WDC, Prost was a faux champion.
MJ, never said i agreed with it , but you are looking at this incident in isolation , which is wrong , others do the same when they show the collision between him and senna a year later. You have to consider the events leading up to Prost closing the door on Senna and you will see Senna many attempted lunges et al, at Prost prior to Japan and also the tension in the Mclaren garage, with Prost leaving etc....

I'm absolutely positive over Prost's long career you cannot find another incident and based on your most recent comments , this is more than just Prost's driving in F1.

Ohh.. schumacher made a career out of such driving , to equate Prost chicane move to those of Schumacher is RIDONCULOUS, senna and Prost had history , the feuding was between the 2 , Schumacher had no such prejudices.....

He welcomed all.....................................

PS: Mansell found Senna's comments funny in the video, because at the time he was also fighting for a contract and did not want Prost at Williams as his teammate. Prost dominated Mansell when they were at Ferrari and instead of staying the course Mansell ran off to indy cars, essentially ending his F1 career.

The sad Part , was that IMO , the electronic cars of that time and the era that came after suited Mansells driving style more than Prost smooth save the car style, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Mansell had the ***** to stay..

There are no press conferences and drivers like that anymore. In modern Faux 1 racing , the drivers are corporate mules and respond to the script at hand and the programming of their careers by the powers

Senna represented the last of the breed and in the words of RD, He would never allow drivers to gain that kind of Power ever again ..

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-02-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Singapore Grand Prix