2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:52 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
...Alonso may win the WDC, but I still believe that the Constructors title will end up with RBR. Clearly down on power since Renault never asked for a "reliability upgrade", this year's Newey chassis has been the class of the field IMHO.
+1
Old 09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Alonso may win the WDC, but I still believe that the Constructors title will end up with RBR. Clearly down on power since Renault never asked for a "reliability upgrade", this year's Newey chassis has been the class of the field IMHO.
+2.
There is a bigger disparity between the drivers at Ferrari than RBR or McLaren. That is why, they are 3rd in Constructors Championship.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
IMHO, Luca is feeling the pressure from Santander, Luca then "expresses" it to SD and the rest of the crew.

Santander is under some financial pressure and needs to show a WDC coming from their sizeable sponsorship (and Kimi salary) investment.

Alonso may win the WDC, but I still believe that the Constructors title will end up with RBR. Clearly down on power since Renault never asked for a "reliability upgrade", this year's Newey chassis has been the class of the field IMHO.

Luca is under pressha because it is Italy , they are Ferrari , nothing to do with Santander...

Originally Posted by ltc
I won't forget.
As head amigo , Pete said he would take your position and go .............
Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Wayne, did you catch the prerace coverage? ***** B went about asking who everyone thought has the best chance of winning the driver's crown. The one person who has the experience of driving against both LH and Alonso (Heikki K) said he would like to see Webbo win but thinks that Alonso will win. I guess he knows something that others don't .
Raj
Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yep . and to think the Finn was keeping such inside knowledge from us
Old 09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Luca is under pressha because it is Italy , they are Ferrari , nothing to do with Santander...
Yeah right... They're paying Alonso and Kimi's salaries and forced Alsono to Ferrari, yep, they have no influence on anything...

Yep . and to think the Finn was keeping such inside knowledge from us
I have my secrets, I can't overload you with info.
Didn't tell you about FIA hearings (how did your google search go BTW?), nor about Stepney's sentence (although he most likely won't have to go into prison), nor I haven't told the recent confirmation about Kubica staying at Renault although IIRC, I did tell about 0% chance of Kimi going to Renault.

I'll share some more when we meet...
Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Yeah right... They're paying Alonso and Kimi's salaries and forced Alsono to Ferrari, yep, they have no influence on anything...

I have my secrets, I can't overload you with info.
Didn't tell you about FIA hearings (how did your google search go BTW?), nor about Stepney's sentence (although he most likely won't have to go into prison), nor I haven't told the recent confirmation about Kubica staying at Renault although IIRC, I did tell about 0% chance of Kimi going to Renault.

I'll share some more when we meet...
Finn ..... Pressha don't = Influence...

Santander = Influence not pressha ..........................

Also .. There is no record of Ferrari asking Massa to reduce revs in Germany to allow Alonso to pass..

Massa was given the chance to keep his 1st place, a position he inherited from 3rd place after Vettel almost drove Alonso off the road. They told him to prove he was not holding up Alonso and he could'nt ..

The rest is history ............

PS: Rumors from a reputable bar in Finland , pegs Kimi and schumacher starting their own WRC team.....

The Name of this colaboration...... wait for it ......... FinnGerms
Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

...Also .. There is no record of Ferrari asking Massa to reduce revs in Germany to allow Alonso to pass..

Massa was given the chance to keep his 1st place, a position he inherited from 3rd place after Vettel almost drove Alonso off the road. They told him to prove he was not holding up Alonso and he could'nt ..

The rest is history ............
Wayne, you're priceless!
If something isn't the way you want/think it is, you just say it's not so, come up with your own stuff and repeat it over and over again. Bad thing is, it doesn't make things true.

OK, let me google" "fia ferrari team orders massa alonso" and see what comes up...

OK, here's link to Autosport (which you rely on from time to time) article. There are plenty others too.

"...The report also revealed that a few laps before the radio communication where Rob Smedley informed Massa that Alonso was faster than him, both drivers had been ordered to turn their engines down – before the Spaniard was allowed to turn his up again.

"Alonso increased his engine speed without Mr Felipe Massa's being informed," revealed the FIA document. "Mr Fernando Alonso was therefore benefiting from a definite performance advantage over Mr Felipe Massa in the moments preceding the contentious overtaking."
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne, you're priceless!
If something isn't the way you want/think it is, you just say it's not so, come up with your own stuff and repeat it over and over again. Bad thing is, it doesn't make things true.

OK, let me google" "fia ferrari team orders massa alonso" and see what comes up...

OK, here's link to Autosport (which you rely on from time to time) article. There are plenty others too.

"...The report also revealed that a few laps before the radio communication where Rob Smedley informed Massa that Alonso was faster than him, both drivers had been ordered to turn their engines down – before the Spaniard was allowed to turn his up again.

"Alonso increased his engine speed without Mr Felipe Massa's being informed," revealed the FIA document. "Mr Fernando Alonso was therefore benefiting from a definite performance advantage over Mr Felipe Massa in the moments preceding the contentious overtaking."
Finn, you are so hopeless , that's known as the Vettel/Webbo/ RB/ 1G map....
why didn't you say so
Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Finn, you are so hopeless , that's known as the Vettel/Webbo/ RB/ 1G map....
why didn't you say so
That's you're response?

So did Alonso have more revs than Massa and since we know he did, is it surprise he was all of a sudden catching Massa?
You said Massa's revs weren't lower and that Alonso had to be let by because he was faster...

I know, I know, this of course ain't "faux" in a way Schumi's for example launch control which team mate didn't have. Or ordering Barichello to move over. Not at all.

Why? Because.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:58 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love him or hate him he is one of the best ever to drive an F1 car and was awesome in Singapore! Most amazing of all he steps up to the challenge when it most important.

But what about Bobby Kubica in the last 15 laps! This guy needs to get to a top 3 team.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

That's you're response?

So did Alonso have more revs than Massa and since we know he did, is it surprise he was all of a sudden catching Massa?
You said Massa's revs weren't lower and that Alonso had to be let by because he was faster...

I know, I know, this of course ain't "faux" in a way Schumi's for example launch control which team mate didn't have. Or ordering Barichello to move over. Not at all.

Why? Because.
Yes , i heard it was the same map Massa used in Brazil 07 ...

Originally Posted by agdamis
Love him or hate him he is one of the best ever to drive an F1 car and was awesome in Singapore! Most amazing of all he steps up to the challenge when it most important.

But what about Bobby Kubica in the last 15 laps! This guy needs to get to a top 3 team.

Bobby's time will come , Bernie is not yet ready for him .......
Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
He started 8th and finished 7th...I was 7th!
How many cars did he pass in the process? He fell way back and stormed back to 7th (and he wasn't just passing backmarkers).
Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
How many cars did he pass in the process? He fell way back and stormed back to 7th (and he wasn't just passing backmarkers).
Why did he fall way back?
Old 10-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Why did he fall way back?
Did you watch the race or are you being purposely obtuse?

He had a puncture, lost seven places and gained six back (on a street circuit). One of those passes was his teamate. I guess that's not all that impressive to you, but I think it was a hell of a performance.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/09/2...t-race-review/

Quick Reply: 2010 Singapore Grand Prix