Has Club Racing Gotten Too Aggressive?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if i can only drive 1/10 his speed.
you know he did 25 hours of TH all by HIMSELF!?
You're already driving at 1/10 of his speed, maybe even 2/10's.

Yes Bobcat attempted to do the 25 alone, but didn't pull it off. Last year however, Steve Gorriaran not only drove all 25 hours, but won his class!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:57 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I've seen PBOC (Fl) ask someone to leave and not return, and refunded entry $.
I spoke the the diver as he was packing up... saturday at lunch... not really sure what the problem was but he was PO'ed... He did talk like he owned the track though... (I'm faster than these jerks,,, to paraphrase, which I doubt was the reason he was asked to leave...)

-I liked it... whatever the reason was, he pissed off the Steward Gods...

Club Racing should be about SPORTSMANSHIP!

When I found people willing to cheat over a $20 trophy, I didn't want to be involved anymore.
-Winning at any cost is not why I got involved in this sport.

DE's still seem to have that gentlemans 'sportsmanship' attitude, which is why I do that now.

ps: Those rotories can make about 50% more power if you port them... and all it takes is a die grinder and a skilled hand.. (but you can tell by the exaust note)
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

bobcat as the rain starts to fall at thunderhill in may '08

The start is good, but he is really funny at 4:50

http://www.youtube.com/user/zanick#p/u/49/Qe2wzz_7-eg

more bobcat at Sears repainting my rear bumper. go to 8:00

http://www.youtube.com/user/zanick#p/u/54/sjbhDRkGkcw

or 8:41 to see him ahead for a couple laps

http://www.youtube.com/user/zanick#p/u/53/x7E7s9gJ63A

Last edited by mark kibort; 08-04-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE=mark kibort;7788773]bobcat as the rain starts to fall at thunderhill in may '08

The start is good, but he is really funny at 4:50

http://www.youtube.com/user/zanick#p/u/49/Qe2wzz_7-eg

That's a wonderful pass he makes at 4:57. Inspiring.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:33 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummm...

There are too many people that too easily get into Klub Racing with too much money and/or too little REAL talent and have NO understanding of the consequences of driving at speed with a lot of other people around them and will never be man enough to admit to themselves and everyone else they wrecked that they were in WAY over their heads without the skills needed to survive or stay the hell out of the way, and that they FORKED UP. It's as simple as that.

If I wrecked my car, and especially if I took someone else out with me, I'd be too G-D EMBARRASSED to show up again anytime soon. There's too little embarrassment in Klub Racing.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineMan

If I wrecked my car, and especially if I took someone else out with me, I'd be too G-D EMBARRASSED to show up again anytime soon. There's too little embarrassment in Klub Racing.
I've seen a few post accidents that it's almost a badge of honor when they wad one up....
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Ummm...

Agreed.

But there is too little shame taught in our society, when everything is "tolerated" and "self esteem" trumps all. And this trickles down...

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

speaking of Klubs.... HSR's Klub Sport is a pretty good class. (early 911 2.0)

many of the cars running HSR are irreplaceable.
They seem to be able to run nose to tail, and if you don't respect the other cars, you are not invited back...

Perfect place for someone with megabucks and less developed talent. Car show every race, and someone is always complementing you on your car. if you want trophies buy a 962 and win every time.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Apart from the cars themselves, that's the allure of HSR. Running with guys who may or not have the $$$ (tho many do), but more importantly, have respect for their cars, themselves and their competitors (not necessarily in that order).

I'm probably one bad accident away from joining them. Anyway I think I'd look good in one of these (who wouldn't).
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Agreed.

But there is too little shame taught in our society, when everything is "tolerated" and "self esteem" trumps all. And this trickles down...
Yeppur;

That's the Creeping Crud of Liberalism for ya.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter v3.4
I'm probably one bad accident away from joining them. Anyway I think I'd look good in one of these (who wouldn't).
If that's a real one and not a clone, it's worth a whole lot more than the ***-engined Porker crap that might be running around.

I miss my GTV.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:32 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

That might be the best cure of all. anyone that wads their car up, has a "meet the team" event, where you and your car and that of your victim, is on display and you are forced to answer questons from the crowd. Maybe you have to wear a dunce cap the rest of the weekend, or give a special badge on your car like the rookies have sometimes. (like the big "x"). I still think fines of $500 should be imposed, all going to the innocent . If its a equal fault, just the"Meet the team "event.

Ummm...

There are too many people that too easily get into Klub Racing with too much money and/or too little REAL talent and have NO understanding of the consequences of driving at speed with a lot of other people around them and will never be man enough to admit to themselves and everyone else they wrecked that they were in WAY over their heads without the skills needed to survive or stay the hell out of the way, and that they FORKED UP. It's as simple as that.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Mark might have something there.

put the X back on the car for a year....
Old 08-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester
If that's a real one and not a clone, it's worth a whole lot more than the ***-engined Porker crap that might be running around.

I miss my GTV.
And they have some really good racing with certain groups. Out west they have a really good group of guys my uncle runs his GTV with. A few of the original cars and a bunch of modern builds all racing fast and hard with very very rare contact issues.

Should be a good number of the originals at the Monterey event this year with the Alfa 100th. I know at least 2 Kwech GTV's should be there, 1 of his GTA cars, the factory owned BRE 510, and so on.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cup Car Crashes

Perhaps racers seek inspiration from watching the Patron guys do their stuff......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MczoR1LVh0

Quick Reply: Has Club Racing Gotten Too Aggressive?