Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
indeed.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Not sure about the shenanigans... but the rest is pretty clear and hurtful to me. I'd like to know who is leaving PCA and who 911 Wail Tale is.

(I'm extra hungry)
Old 02-16-2010, 11:37 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
What happened at Sebring?........
Still waiting for an answer.......
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 121 Posts

I was at Sebring and having watched Fred C, Mark Hupfer, Doug Crossman, and Doug Roach duke it out was great! These guys are all great drivers. Watch the videos they post. I'll be watching Fred's video from NJMP over and over again before the race this year.

The big difference I could see between all of the above and most of the rest of the cars in their classes is where these guys would brake for turn 17 at Sebring. They were all going in way deeper than the other cars in their classes. To me that is driver skill and the size of their you know whats, along with perfectly set up cars.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:29 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I raced with a guy last year that ran an older 911 in both PCA and NASA. He was 2 seconds a lap faster when he drove PCA. Just sayin...

( it wasn't Streak he's always slow )
Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Wail Tale
You are not alone in your thoughts my friend. Unfortunately, no one has the ***** to lodge a formal protest and rid the ship of the cheaters.

I can fully understand Pat Long or Leh Keen tearing up any track in "D" class for example. But a "good" amateur racer setting lap records and being considerably faster than "good" amateurs in classes 2 or 3 above his car? I don't buy it. There is a reason that pca has specific formulas for its various classes. The "D" car should not be faster than the "E", "F", or "G" car given the same driver, but it is happening more and more.

PCA needs to put an end to the debauchery amongst its ranks. Two of my friends are leaving PCA after the shenanigans at Sebring.
*****? I think the one who is lacking ***** is the person who creates a new account (only 53 posts) and then claims that people are cheating. [edit: ok - the account has been around a while - that being said, if you are going to blindly accuse people of cheating, I think you should put up some facts of what you know]

As someone else posted, you are completely discounting the huge disparity in driver skill among the racers. Basically, within each class there are a handful of drivers who are amazing and can drive faster than most of the other drivers who are a class ahead of them. Fred is one of those drivers. The reason he was faster than all E class drivers is that the good E class drivers (Hupfer and Crossman) moved up to F.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
I raced with a guy last year that ran an older 911 in both PCA and NASA. He was 2 seconds a lap faster when he drove PCA. Just sayin...

( it wasn't Streak he's always slow )
I feel like I'm missing something because that doesn't make sense at all. NASA basically has no rules other than the power-to-weight ratio classification. Are you saying that this guy put on some mod to cheat within PCA, and then took off the mod for NASA even though that mod would be completely legal in NASA?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian P
I feel like I'm missing something because that doesn't make sense at all. NASA basically has no rules other than the power-to-weight ratio classification. Are you saying that this guy put on some mod to cheat within PCA, and then took off the mod for NASA even though that mod would be completely legal in NASA?
I can see going the other way, faster in NASA, due to the weight and mods allowed but faster in PCA trim? Is it that PCA doesn't dyno and NASA does that you are getting at Scott? Unfortunately, just altering timing can lose you up to 10 HP on a low HP car so IMO Dyno's aren't the holy grail either.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

When racing NASA he had to deal with the power to weight ratio. If you have a cheater motor ( not saying he does ) he would need to ballast up his car to make ratio. With PCA he just slides into stock class and takes out the ballast.
For instance, if I am running up against a guy with 210 at the wheels and I have 190. He has to add weight at NASA which evens things out considerably. With PCA we are running the same weight in the same class.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,513 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
If you have a cheater motor ( not saying he does )

Snicker....snort....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

As someone else posted, you are completely discounting the huge disparity in driver skill among the racers. Basically, within each class there are a handful of drivers who are amazing and can drive faster than most of the other drivers who are a class ahead of them. Fred is one of those drivers. The reason he was faster than all E class drivers is that the good E class drivers (Hupfer and Crossman) moved up to F.
As I said, I think this is really hard for someone on the sidelines to understand. You look at the results and think WTF? Unless you race with these guys it's hard to understand just how good they are and in almost every case how much closer to the edge they are than everybody else. Fred, Gary and I have identically set up cars - same specs on engine rebuild, same suspension, etc. Go back and look at Fred's times in races this past year versus mine and Gary's. That's how much better a driver he is - seconds, not tenths. To the non-believers, put him in your car and he'll best your time on any track by many seconds and you'll get some great data to boot.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Ok, call me naive, but I just don't think there is much cheating going on in PCA. When I'm getting beaten in races, I can clearly see from the cornering speeds involved that I'm being beaten by a better driver.

Maybe it's time that Paolo starts a thread just on PCA cheating.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sean F
As I said, I think this is really hard for someone on the sidelines to understand. You look at the results and think WTF? Unless you race with these guys it's hard to understand just how good they are and in almost every case how much closer to the edge they are than everybody else. Fred, Gary and I have identically set up cars - same specs on engine rebuild, same suspension, etc. Go back and look at Fred's times in races this past year versus mine and Gary's. That's how much better a driver he is - seconds, not tenths. To the non-believers, put him in your car and he'll best your time on any track by many seconds and you'll get some great data to boot.
Better yet, try and follow his line sometime at speed... i.e through the bus stop at WGI like I did... wish I had that video but it was one wild ride! I was on his tail from T1 right to the BS exit, that's where we parted ways... and I started to breathe again.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, call me naive, but I just don't think there is much cheating going on in PCA. When I'm getting beaten in races, I can clearly see from the cornering speeds involved that I'm being beaten by a better driver.

Maybe it's time that Paolo starts a thread just on PCA cheating.
Fully agree. At least in the stock/prepared classes I see the same people in their regions winning over and over and putting the record laps (Fred, Poetl, etc). Its always the same group of front runners at the same races and cars are there to be looked over and scrut if anyone has any doubts. In most cases the race shop that prepared that car will be more than happy to take a new client and replicate that winning car. My suggestion is to either go race with the same winning equipment of state the facts and demand a thorough scrut of who you think is cheating.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Sean's and my car are capable of beating Fred's and anyone that is up to it can buy either one (well, not mine anymore) and go do it!

Quick Reply: I am sad to say.......