Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Yep, sure nuff am!
cheater!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expected to see Sean's and Gary's car sell rather easily being Conn/DJ cars. Well, that was 3 yrs ago.

Would have made Don happy to see those cars go west. Then he could have started racing in PCA.

I think PCA should use the rules as they are plus dyno weight/hp ratio to class/reclass cars. That might discourage rif raf.

Paolo, VIR in June is tempting. I haven't planned many events yet, much less away games.

I'm doing a private event with coaching from Jack Lewis at RRR March 1. After that I will take a good look around. I want the run NASA enduro series because they run 3-4 events at RA so I don't have to travel. I just don't have all the crew stuff worked out.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
FredC
Drifting

How long are those enduros Randy?

older 911 race cars are tough to sell these days.. Sucks!

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I expected to see Sean's and Gary's car sell rather easily being Conn/DJ cars. Well, that was 3 yrs ago.

Would have made Don happy to see those cars go west. Then he could have started racing in PCA.

I think PCA should use the rules as they are plus dyno weight/hp ratio to class/reclass cars. That might discourage rif raf.

Paolo, VIR in June is tempting. I haven't planned many events yet, much less away games.

I'm doing a private event with coaching from Jack Lewis at RRR March 1. After that I will take a good look around. I want the run NASA enduro series because they run 3-4 events at RA so I don't have to travel. I just don't have all the crew stuff worked out.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,
I just may trade you a Spec Boxster for your car just to shut Don up for the next year. Quit being a bunch of whiners and drive the damn cars. Its all fun.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Werkstatt
Gary,
I just may trade you a Spec Boxster for your car just to shut Don up for the next year. Quit being a bunch of whiners and drive the damn cars. Its all fun.

Gary, we are still the 15th. Take the deal!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:45 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy, I do not believe there were any Hairy Dog Grrrage cars at that race, and I am pretty sure none have broken 2:18 at VIR full. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas.

Scott, most are not whining. Just me. Keep it up and I won't let you loan me a car again.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
While NASA GTS..... IMO, it is "Formula Libre". The HP / weight control leaves everything else up fro grabs, and if people think/feel/believe they have a better chance there is b/c either the drivers are not that good or most likely nobody is building yet the cars to the limit of rules. There's endless possibilities with suspension geometry and Aero work. Just wait and you will see a few "Dallara"- Porsche/BMWs start to appear...
A good friend of mine, BobT993 is doing exactly that. My RSA was a bit faster than his 993 when running in PCA, but he likes to race in NASA and has taken 300 lbs out of his car (still in GTS3), put on a full-blown race suspension (still in GTS3), and now is installing RSR flares and running 10s & 12s with 275s & 315s, AND running huge aero, and he will still be in GTS3. His car has picked up 4~5 seconds from mods and he is still in the same class. Everyone else will be scrambling to catch him this year. This is the problem with power/weight racing.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC

Gary, we are still the 15th. Take the deal!
Too late, it's the 16th in Denmark...
Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Werkstatt
Gary,
Quit being a bunch of whiners and drive the damn cars. Its all fun.
Scott...so you have met this Don guy??? And yes it is all fun in the air conditioned tequilla trailer....
Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Wail Tale
The "D" car should not be faster than the "E", "F", or "G" car given the same driver, but it is happening more and more.
The driver disparity is huge and I mean huge in most of these cases and most guys who aren't racing in these races just don't get that. There is absolutely cheating going on in every class but 9 out of 10 times when you see this happen it's the combination of a well setup car (rebuilt motor with better tolerances than the factory and perfect suspension setup) and a really good driver. I am a good driver and can podium in almost every race but if you put Hupfer, Crossman, Fred, Mike I, Charlie....in a well setup legal car one class below me they would beat me every time maybe even two classes depending on the track. However, there certainly are drivers who don't have that kind of skill who make up for it with non-legal cars. I think Don has got it right. I wouldn't put those two drivers/cars on my list of guys who are that much better than everyone else.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:47 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FredC
How long are those enduros Randy?

older 911 race cars are tough to sell these days.. Sucks!
Most NASA enduros are 3 hrs. and are run on Fridays. They also have 6 hr, 8 hr and one 25 hr.

As Larry was saying about the problems of unlimited mods w/o changing classes, they create problems with weight/hp only classifications. That is why I think PCA could work out a hybrid system keeping a lid on mods/class and using weight/hp to help insure competitiveness in weight/hp ratios within each class. This way they could compensate for difficult to spot internal mods.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Most NASA enduros are 3 hrs. and are run on Fridays. They also have 6 hr, 8 hr and one 25 hr.

As Larry was saying about the problems of unlimited mods w/o changing classes, they create problems with weight/hp only classifications. That is why I think PCA could work out a hybrid system keeping a lid on mods/class and using weight/hp to help insure competitiveness in weight/hp ratios within each class. This way they could compensate for difficult to spot internal mods.
Thanks. How many gts 2 cars show up to the 3 and 6 hour events down there? I d love to run a longer event like that.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Wail Tale
the shenanigans at Sebring.
What are you referring to?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 AM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by dave morris
What are you referring to?
Not sure about the shenanigans... but the rest is pretty clear and hurtful to me. I'd like to know who is leaving PCA and who 911 Wail Tale is.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Quick Reply: I am sad to say.......