Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who won the debate: MK (HP) or VR (Torque)
Mk won with a simple to understand concept that HP determines torque at the wheels at any speed.
17.48%
MK won: When comparing equal HP cars, the one with less torque COULD be better on the road course.
4.20%
VR won: When comparing equal HP cars, the one with more torque is better on a road course.
30.77%
Neither, as physics dont apply to race cars
12.59%
I don't want to open this can of worms again!
34.97%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Who won the HP vs Torque debate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Ahem: Attention everyone. I declare myself the winner of this poll since I added option five aka " I don't want to open this can of worms again". Based on the score til now, option five is the clear winner. Thanks to all who voted.
Bob, do us all a favor, please, and close/lock this steaming ****pile of a thread.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:17 PM
TR6
Drifting

Ahem: Attention everyone. I declare myself the winner of this poll since I added option five aka " I don't want to open this can of worms again". Based on the score til now, option five is the clear winner. Thanks to all who voted.
Doesn't matter. Mark will find a reason to invalidate those results too because they aren't what he hoped for.

IBTL...
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:18 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

The bullet that kills VR here is that Dez, asked the question and posed the values. The pseudo scientist, without any formal education in math (it seems) was unable to understand that the 300ftlbs at 6100rpm max torque is 350HP. while the max torque for the higher torque engine was 400ft-lbs at 3800rpm or 289HP. Even with out any massaging of the numbers or graphs, you can clearly see that the average HP for the lower torque engine clearly has advantages at any speed on any track at any time and at any place.

With the guidelines offered by Dez, and its his question, the answer VR posted to him was incorrect, by any measure.
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:19 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

calm down, read the graphs and you make the decision. why are you guys fighting this ? Its not personal, its just math?

mk

Originally Posted by TR6
Doesn't matter. Mark will find a reason to invalidate those results too because they aren't what he hoped for.

IBTL...
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:20 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

But there are still those crying out to be saved. as long as no one is getting their feelings hurt, lets see if the truth will prevail.

Mk

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:21 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Post # 87: Proof that some parents should have eaten their young.
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark kibort
The bullet that kills VR here is that Dez, asked the question and posed the values. The pseudo scientist, without any formal education in math

With the guidelines offered by Dez, and its his question, the answer VR posted to him was incorrect, by any measure.

Wrong as usual, Mark. But thanks for (as usual) your extra-large dose of sanctimonious condescension.

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:34 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

But there are still those crying out to be saved. as long as no one is getting their feelings hurt, lets see if the truth will prevail
Ahh...we're back to the Bible now. Mark is now setting himself up as the Christ figure.
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Ahh...we're back to the Bible now. Mark is now setting himself up as the Christ figure.
Even though he seems to think that Gallileo was around when the Bible was written.

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:46 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Default Your answser Dez

Ok Dez,

There is your answer 2 months later!

Sorry I didnt graph it out earlier. Might not have had such a battle here.

so, based on your requirements. It doesnt depend. It favors the lower torque, 400hp engine. It will be better in any application accross the board, even without the creative use of close ratio gear boxes.

mk
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Over the past few months, you have no problem saying someone is wrong, but a heck of a time saying why. In fact, you still have not stepped up and made a case. I have drawn out very clearly the HP vs torque curve of both Dez's engine options. why dont you tell us all why you are right and I am wrong then?
Seems pretty obvious to me. In fact, if you recoment the higher torque engine, you would be doing your student, friend, interested party, a diservice. clearly, the graphs and values for the lower torque engine in all possible areas.

Mk

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wrong as usual, Mark. But thanks for (as usual) your extra-large dose of sanctimonious condescension.

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:52 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

please remove the last post or Ill try and have the moderator remove i for you.

There is no need for crying here.

thanks,

Mk
Old 03-17-2009 | 05:53 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Over the past few months, you have no problem saying someone is wrong, but a heck of a time saying why. In fact, you still have not stepped up and made a case. I have drawn out very clearly the HP vs torque curve of both Dez's engine options. why dont you tell us all why you are right and I am wrong then?
Seems pretty obvious to me. In fact, if you recoment the higher torque engine, you would be doing your student, friend, interested party, a diservice. clearly, the graphs and values for the lower torque engine in all possible areas.

Mk
https://rennlist.com/forums/6390630-post116.html

Old 03-17-2009 | 05:58 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Hmmm, which bible were you refering to? I guess there is a range from the Dead sea scrolls to the current versions. All interpretations.

By the way, Gallileo was around from 1560s to 1640s.

FYI

As the reign of Elizabeth (1558-1603) was coming to a close, we find a draft for an act of Parliament for a new version of the Bible: "An act for the reducing of diversities of bibles now extant in the English tongue to one settled vulgar translated from the original." The Bishop's Bible of 1568, although it may have eclipsed the Great Bible, was still rivaled by the Geneva Bible. Nothing ever became of this draft during the reign of Elizabeth, who died in 1603, and was succeeded by James 1, as the throne passed from the Tudors to the Stuarts. James was at that time James VI of Scotland, and had been for thirty-seven years. He was born during the period between the Geneva and the Bishop's Bible.

One of the first things done by the new king was the calling of the Hampton Court Conference in January of 1604 "for the hearing, and for the determining, things pretended to be amiss in the church." Here were assembled bishops.........

."

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Even though he seems to think that Gallileo was around when the Bible was written.

Quick Reply: Poll: Who won the HP vs Torque debate?