Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who won the debate: MK (HP) or VR (Torque)
Mk won with a simple to understand concept that HP determines torque at the wheels at any speed.
17.48%
MK won: When comparing equal HP cars, the one with less torque COULD be better on the road course.
4.20%
VR won: When comparing equal HP cars, the one with more torque is better on a road course.
30.77%
Neither, as physics dont apply to race cars
12.59%
I don't want to open this can of worms again!
34.97%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Who won the HP vs Torque debate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,609 Likes on 836 Posts

***'n'a, I am upping my bet to 25 pages.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

I did some research on you Mr Bull Horn. Your posts all have one thing in common. Zero Value. Did you know this? Of course you did.

anyway, I dont like moving targets, so Im not going to pester you for a real question. If you cant grasp my 7th grade physics arguement, then it sounds like its kind of your issue not mine. Pretty simple stuff here mr bull. Hey, dont hate me, hate Newton, he is the one that came up with the equations representing almost all the forces of nature!

engine torque is a weak predictor, at best of the breadth of a HP curve.
Ive already proved this countless times with my equal hp, disparate torque dyno runs of two different engines.

Always remember,

acceleration = power/(mass x velocity)

or at the rear wheels, dictated by power at any speed,
acceleration = F/m

Remember,

Obey the Law!

Oh, by the way. you say, "Inane"? obviously not, if 27 folks, I imagine you as well, get it wrong and not one can come forward to defend their position. AT LEAST VR has a practical argument based on experience, and listening to him fight, I understand what he means, even though he might not understand the principles.
You on the otherhand are his comedic back up singer. "Everybody say, YEAH! .....YEAH"

Originally Posted by Bull
Nope, as I told you in all of your other self serving threads on this inane subject, I choose not to participate upon your command. You are doing quite well at making a fool of yourself.

BTW, another wrong ASSumption on your part....I didn't attend school in NJ.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Bryan:

Old 03-19-2009, 12:25 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Will you be at MSR next month?
Odds are not in my favor for MSR. That's pushing our due date for baby #1, so I'm sure to be on hospital patrol around then. If I can set up a "sure thing" driver for that weekend, I might get to come out and play, maybe for 1 day.

But I really wouldn't want to miss my official first birth-day 'cause I was out at the track!

-td <- BTW, I voted worms
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

37 and not one can justify their choice. A sad sad day for ole Newton.

Maybe I wasnt explaining myself well enough. Hmmm.

Acceleration=power(mass x velocity)

Translation to laymans terms:

how fast you get out of a corner = power your engine makes, and you can find this by looking at your tachometer, and then match the HP level to the RPM you are at. X (weight of your car x speed on the speedometer at that RPM).

What this means is, if two cars are the same, and are at the same speed exiting that corner, if the power they are making is the same, the acceleration rate, or how fast they will come off the corner will be exactly the same.

( This is independent of a high or low engine torque value)

Bryan:

Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***'n'a, I am upping my bet to 25 pages.

Be a man, Go for 30 pages !
Heck I'll even help out then and pull a few strings.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Hey Bull, I found some home video of you and the sex machine!

Remember, always follow, so you dont get lost!

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZWZ...eature=related

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I did some research on you Mr Bull Horn. Your posts all have one thing in common. Zero Value. Did you know this? Of course you did.

anyway, I dont like moving targets, so Im not going to pester you for a real question. If you cant grasp my 7th grade physics arguement, then it sounds like its kind of your issue not mine. Pretty simple stuff here mr bull. Hey, dont hate me, hate Newton, he is the one that came up with the equations representing almost all the forces of nature!

engine torque is a weak predictor, at best of the breadth of a HP curve.
Ive already proved this countless times with my equal hp, disparate torque dyno runs of two different engines.

Always remember,

acceleration = power/(mass x velocity)

or at the rear wheels, dictated by power at any speed,
acceleration = F/m

Remember,

Obey the Law!

Oh, by the way. you say, "Inane"? obviously not, if 27 folks, I imagine you as well, get it wrong and not one can come forward to defend their position. AT LEAST VR has a practical argument based on experience, and listening to him fight, I understand what he means, even though he might not understand the principles.
You on the otherhand are his comedic back up singer. "Everybody say, YEAH! .....YEAH"
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Update ................. Worms are in the lead with VR pulling in a strong second and the two Marks in third but not last, I'm sure glad he added that last choice now so he can atleast claim he didn't place last.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy."

The narcissist is described as turning inward for gratification rather than depending on others and as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power and prestige. Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What this means is, if two cars are the same, and are at the same speed exiting that corner, if the power they are making is the same, the acceleration rate, or how fast they will come off the corner will be exactly the same.

What if one is a zingy VTEC and the other a Turbo-Diesel.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

hmmm, lets see:

"a pervasive pattern of grandiosity": Not me, Newton!
"need for admiration": not me, Newton. Im the messenger.
"and a lack of empathy.": what? I feel horible for the lost 27 who cant do simple math and cant appreiciate one of the greatests answers of the phyisical universe.

So, " inward for gratification rather than depending on others:" I depend on the list to understand. Im reaching out to help!

And as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy= Im fine, are you. Do you feel "joy" in putting down someone. Does it make you feel powerful? Does it give you a feeling increased status and prestige?
Dont you care about the poor, lost 27 who dont understand the basic principles discussed and proved here? Sounts like you are being selfish!

UV, I think you have some Narcissistic tendencies. Better check yourself in asap!

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy."

The narcissist is described as turning inward for gratification rather than depending on others and as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power and prestige. Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:26 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv

The narcissist is described as turning inward for gratification rather than depending on others and as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power and prestige. Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness
Good God ...........VeeRamabots ...I never would have thunk it
30 pages
Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Markie, I suggest you next try a course in Creative Thinking. Afterwards, you might actually be able to come up with some new material for your posts...assuming you make it through the basic course! Your posts are, as usual, very predictable.

Now, please repeat yourself several more times. First, you will get the great enjoyment you find in reading your posts, and second we need the posts for the page count given the current betting.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Be a man, Go for 30 pages !
Heck I'll even help out then and pull a few strings.
My main man!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM
deep_uv
RIP

hmmm, lets see:

"a pervasive pattern of grandiosity": Not me, Newton!
"need for admiration": not me, Newton. Im the messenger.
"and a lack of empathy.": what? I feel horible for the lost 27 who cant do simple math and cant appreiciate one of the greatests answers of the phyisical universe.

So, " inward for gratification rather than depending on others:" I depend on the list to understand. Im reaching out to help!

And as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy= Im fine, are you. Do you feel "joy" in putting down someone. Does it make you feel powerful? Does it give you a feeling increased status and prestige?
Dont you care about the poor, lost 27 who dont understand the basic principles discussed and proved here? Sounts like you are being selfish!

UV, I think you have some Narcissistic tendencies. Better check yourself in asap!

Hmmm, you're assuming I was referring to you...... Very telling.

Quick Reply: Poll: Who won the HP vs Torque debate?