Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To club race or not to club race. all opinions and suggestions welcomed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nobody rebuilds Boxster motors, it's easier to just replace them.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
I will say that when i was at a race i did have some bad tastes in my mouth from people i was trying to talk to, i told them i did not have a car and had some questions and they were not the friendliest people, but i know every sport has that. The only reason i bring that up is that the people you are with at the track make racing that much better.
Wow, I had that opinion of the karting circles, that was about the most prickly group I could think of...

I've always found PCA, NASA events to be filled with great and helpful people. And in the end it can influence what you end up racing. The 944 spec guys here are great group of people, always willing to lend a hand and advice. I'd be running the 911 more but there's only a handful, and a huge range; everything from Cups, Koni's and GT3RS's down to some well driven early 911's but not much consistency. In the end its fun to have a group to run with on an equal footing.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gums
Yes and cheaper than a cup car motor....
Old 03-04-2009, 05:11 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
Yes and cheaper than a cup car motor....
how much installed?

happy to see these answers, falls into my budget.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
Wow, I had that opinion of the karting circles, that was about the most prickly group I could think of...

I've always found PCA, NASA events to be filled with great and helpful people. And in the end it can influence what you end up racing. The 944 spec guys here are great group of people, always willing to lend a hand and advice. I'd be running the 911 more but there's only a handful, and a huge range; everything from Cups, Koni's and GT3RS's down to some well driven early 911's but not much consistency. In the end its fun to have a group to run with on an equal footing.
i would agree about the karting guys as well. When i went to a national kart event most of these guys thought they were michael schumacher. I was there to have fun and try and run mid pack (even though we got our buts kick). But there are always some asses that give the sport a bad rap.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called and left you a message...
Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

FWIW, i was tracking a 2004 GT3 (back in 05) and thought it was the end all be all...then i started club racing in the then F class with an 85 Carrera and now an 80 SC in what is today's D class. I don't miss the GT3 one bit. I don't miss DE either... once you start racing, DE kinda becomes meaningless (to me at least). Take the plunge, you won't regret it.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
FWIW, i was tracking a 2004 GT3 (back in 05) and thought it was the end all be all...then i started club racing in the then F class with an 85 Carrera and now an 80 SC in what is today's D class. I don't miss the GT3 one bit. I don't miss DE either... once you start racing, DE kinda becomes meaningless (to me at least). Take the plunge, you won't regret it.
Easy for you to say
Old 03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
I don't miss DE either... once you start racing, DE kinda becomes meaningless (to me at least).............
Pure blasphemy.........
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

u didn't do enough research.

jake raby is one, and many others.

they build and IMPROVE as well as ENLARGE box, cay or any m96 based motors. and WAY WAY cheaper than cup motors.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
I will say that when i was at a race i did have some bad tastes in my mouth from people i was trying to talk to, i told them i did not have a car and had some questions and they were not the friendliest people, but i know every sport has that. The only reason i bring that up is that the people you are with at the track make racing that much better.

totally.
most of us are in this for FUN.
and those who truly have talent are probably not clubracing or DE'ing. they will be paid by ferrari with big money driving F1 machines of some such.

why be an *** of the sport...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,561 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u didn't do enough research.

jake raby is one, and many others.

they build and IMPROVE as well as ENLARGE box, cay or any m96 based motors. and WAY WAY cheaper than cup motors.
All correct.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Pure blasphemy.........
Paolo, look for me in the paddock at 5 pm on April 24th and tell me what you think
Old 03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
Hey Jarez,

No, its a 2.7L E class Boxster....8 seconds off?? yes...first time Sebring driver...

That car holds the E class record at LRP, so they are very capable of podium finishes in the E class.
Do I understand the GCR's correctly that the E class 2.7 Boxster has to run at 2929 lbs., and the 2.5 at 2972? That doesn't make any sense making the lower HP car carry an extra 43 bs. It also appears that the Spec Boxster's at 2650 this year should rule the E class....
Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR, it would appear that you are not familiar with the basic premise of PCA club racing stock class rules, that is, PCA club racing in so far as possible attempts to keep "stock" stock, especially with regard to weights. Listed weights are factory published weights. Yes, that means from time to time a specific model car may be at a slight disadvantage on a HP to weight ratio, but interestingly enough, as soon as one says that, someone shows up with that exact car, dialed in and dominates the class.

With regard to your statement that Spec Boxster will dominate E class, that's unlikely to happen, as.......Spec Boxsters run in a different class, Spec Boxster.

Quick Reply: To club race or not to club race. all opinions and suggestions welcomed!!