Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To club race or not to club race. all opinions and suggestions welcomed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:20 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Come on down to LRP CR..........
Old 03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Makes the most sense" These words don't really belong in this thread do they?

Good luck and hope to see you out there soon!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dougdep
thinking that i am going to sell the 997 GT3 and go with a boxster E or F class car. makes most sense. as much as i love the GT3 i only use it for DE's. living in NYC and keeping it up in Blauvelt severly limits my use of it anyway and it is not fun driving it in and out of NYC. i figured i might as well get a car that gives me the option to club race and i can still do DE's as well. hopefully i can try my 1st club race at lime rock at the end of april!

ps, anyone want to buy a GT3? (its the car in my avatar)
How much??

BTW I have been going through same dilemma ... My GT2 is just way too much car to be racing, especially in that class and with the experience/stripped race weight monsters..

I will be exploring my spec boxster options, as I think it's the way to go!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
WOW! Not sure where you get jealousy from that. And not sure where you get that I talk behind peoples backs. Interesting. Talk about bravado when typing......
Anyway, your response is expected. As far as "buying" speed, I thought you wanted a Cup but couldn't afford it?? And the fact you try and discourage people who can afford one not to buy one maybe says volumes about jealousy.....hmm? As far as your "baby cup" comment - you can convince yourself of whatever you want. It is a shame we don't run in the same class, as I would love to race with you. I am not saying I am faster - that I really don't know. You are a fast guy, it is just the things you post sometimes that rubs me the wrong way.
Anyway, I will shut my mouth now I know my post was childish - shame on me - its not worth arguing on the internet. This is exactly why I stopped coming to this sight for a while and now I contributed to it! Sorry for that.
Like I said I will see you at Road Atlanta. I am not afraid to explain to you in person what I am trying to say. Maybe we can discuss things and possibly understand one another better and maybe see more eye to eye?

Matt,
How's Road Atlanta this weekend? You guys take it into your trailer for a cage match?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cage Match

Originally Posted by Werkstatt
Matt,
How's Road Atlanta this weekend? You guys take it into your trailer for a cage match?
Yeah who won?!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
cup cars are a steal until you get the bill, just dont get one with lots of hours or a grand-am 24hr one
Yep, just let me know about those, dont want anyone to end up with a wrecked or high hour cup....except me...Thanks again Phil!

Quick Reply: To club race or not to club race. all opinions and suggestions welcomed!!