Sponsored by:

juan pablo montoya = biggest cry baby

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think JPM even knows who Brumos is ?
Of course I expect JPM to know who Brumos is. The second guy behind him did and he was Mexican!!
I didnt expect him to be stupid about racing.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:59 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Pruett may be arrogant and drives as hard as anyone, but the guy can flat out drive and has put up results at EVERY level he has competed in.

For someone who is "good, but not that good" as you say he sure has some hardware to say otherwise.

86 IMSA GTO Champion
87 Trans AM Champion
88 IMSA GTO Champion
94 TransAm title
2003 TransAm title
Class Winner Lemans
Multiple Daytona Overall
NASCAR podiums

What about Indycar (aka Champ car)?

I have worked with a lot of crew who wrenched on SP's car (Indycar) and confirm that he does whine quite a bit. Perhaps did at one point in his career, at least.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:02 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Jaun CAN drive as we all know, but this is typical..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtjBLN8MxgQ
Old 01-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

JPM's complaints... Sure #58 was a little stronger on the oval. Car #59 wasn't stronger, and as a matter of fact, fell off the last 3-4 laps. So could it be that DD was just entering the oval better most times, and had the better breaks in slower traffic? I think he just out drove JPM. And the way JPM was blocking was reckless. When #59 was overtaking him, he bumped their driver's left side. He attempted the same thing after the final pit, to DD and the #58 car. No, I have zero respect for the *****. He is talented, sure. But give me a gracious winner or loser over a ***** bullie any day of the week (all though some here applaud such nonsense every day)!

Mike
Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 24hr

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
You would be wrong , as usual

It was 2 in a row , this would have been his 3rd..................................

it was not a big deal , What would you have liked Montoya to say ?

Hey great race , drove my ***** off, beaten by a guy who couldn't even make it to F3 , never even won anything before, damn i even had the wing down , he still pulled me on the straights , must have had NOS

Yes it could have been worse Enjoy the moment , it was fantastic and great.... Montoya's comment was nothing ...
Com'n Wayne, check your facts on David D. You usually like to cut and paste stuff, but David has multiple wins including his run with Panoz. Dry spell yes, but never won anything?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

It usually pays well to bet against anything Wayne posts.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WGAF

My own method.
1. Watch race and enjoy the racing ,good, bad, ugly.
2. See the checker and then turn off the TV. No need to listen to any drivers speak. They are not talkers they are drivers. I am not in any way saying that any drivers are dumb or uninteresting as this in not the case, just that they are there to drive not talk about this and that after. There seems to be a gurl like undercurrent of He said He said with regards to after race interviews. Why taint a good race with the wadded panty talk?

All I saw was a great race by a bunch of good drivers in ugly but entertaining cars
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Juan was complaining and he did it on national TV, instead of just saying the porsche was stronger and i did my best to beat them he complained. Pruett is a great driver and person.

Now one other thing i did not like about Juan is that it seemed he was going to do whatever he had to in order to keep porsche behind him, which i understand in racing that is the drivers job, but if he put that car into the wall on purpose, i think i would have had to pay for a plane ticket and open up a can of whoopass on him!!!!

these are just my opinions
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

I was glad to see Darren Law and David Donohue win. Both are super nice guys in person.

It was a great finish. It was obvious that the Porsche 4L was better on the top end as evidenced by how the 58 pulled away on the banking from the Lexus. Same chasis, though Brumos still runs the older Riley bodywork.

JPM did come off as a whiner and should have kept his comments in check and let those of us on the web speculate about the power difference. The Lexus had the edge in the infield because of the torque advantage of the V8. The Porsche had the edge on the banking. I was a great race and awesome to watch 4 cars battle it out for the last 2+ hours. Too bad that Angelelli seemed to drop of the pace in the closing stages. Wonder if his crew saw something on the telemetry and told him to back it down. It would have been even better if he was there mixing it up at the end.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Jaun CAN drive as we all know, but this is typical..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtjBLN8MxgQ
Waaaah, it's unfair! You broke my head! Waaah! We ran less wing! Waaah!! Waaah!! Waaah!!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

JPM almost ran me over speeding down the pits in his golf cart.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Say what you want about JPM, but the Porsche and Lexus are much closer in power than they are in weight. Just sayin...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R4][N_M4l{3R
Say what you want about JPM, but the Porsche and Lexus are much closer in power than they are in weight. Just sayin...
Can you clarify? I may be missing something...I thought both cars has to weigh 2275 pounds.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Say what you want...JPM drove his ***** off!

He had no grip, none I was standing at the exit of the west horseshoe and every time out of the corner he was sliding all over the place...clearly he was pushing like hell!

Btw way if JPM had been in the 58 this race wouldn't have even been close...

As a Porsche fan and a self-proclaimed racing historian; I was thrilled for Porsche, Brumos and Donahue...however as a racing fan I want to thank JPM for giving it his all 23 1/2 hours into this grueling race and make it interesting all the way to the end!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Say what you want...JPM drove his ***** off!
Yes, he did drive them off.....explaining why he displayed none in his post race whinefest.

Quick Reply: juan pablo montoya = biggest cry baby