Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=A.Wayne;6219966]
Originally Posted by bobt993

My comments regarding Donahue , you either get it or you don't , true racers and winners understand drivers Like JPM, Pruit etc......
Yes real winners understand that real racers / butt buddies that cry and whine like like a West Hollywood drag queen who has lost their make up sure show how good he is.

[QUOTE=A.Wayne;6219966]

True losers, the wanna beeee 's, legends in there own mind , tend to deride such driver's at all times , looking for the negative instead of the positive.
JPM whined like a loser period.

[QUOTE=A.Wayne;6219966]

The facts are that the little Spanish guy has accomplished more than Daddy Donahue and baby Donahue , put together , His 3 starts in a DP has produced 2 wins and a 2nd..

He may have these accomplishments but as I recall he was chased out of F1 because he could not cut it. Shumi owned him. I love it when people compare drivers of a different era. The Donahue I remember did not whine. But I was only able to read Rob Walkers accounts in Road & Track rather than watch JPM's version of a 3 year old acting out on TV.

I doubt Indy winner and F1 world champion the late Jimmy Clark, and Indy winner and two time F1 champion the late Graham Hill would cry and whine like a little bitch.

My main complaint with Alonso and JMP is that they cry and whine when they lose.

They are gutless.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:47 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll give it to JPM, he did drive his heart out, he made it look so very easy holding off the Porsches that were easily walking him on those very long straights, he didnt bob and weave much and did some fantastic driving. He was killing them in that chicane prior to the front straight time after time after time, and that's what kept him in the lead. It was a very inspiring and educational drive.

Then he opened his mouth and ruined it. JPM is a big baby, if you're going to complain at least be a man about it. Crying about "it's unfair" sounds like a little girl.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
I'll give it to JPM, he did drive his heart out, he made it look so very easy holding off the Porsches that were easily walking him on those very long straights, he didnt bob and weave much and did some fantastic driving. He was killing them in that chicane prior to the front straight time after time after time, and that's what kept him in the lead. It was a very inspiring and educational drive.

Then he opened his mouth and ruined it. JPM is a big baby, if you're going to complain at least be a man about it. Crying about "it's unfair" sounds like a little girl.
+1

What is it with these two (Alonso & Montoya) that makes them such cry babies?

I mean come on, both of them clearly have ***** when it comes to driving but when it comes to other stuff and especially when they get beaten, they have no ***** at all and then the crying starts. Someone should've bitch slap Montoya after that friggin' whine.

Look at Massa after last season's devastating loss in Brazil, class act, didn't cry and whine even though he came so close and at one point even thought he's won. He kept his cool, acted like a man and sincerely congratulated Hamilton.

I have no doubt Alonso or Montoya would've been completely different story if they had been in Massa's shoes, that cry would probably still continue...
Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+1

I mean come on, both of them clearly have ***** when it comes to driving but when it comes to other stuff and especially when they get beaten, they have no ***** at all and then the crying starts. Someone should've bitch slap Montoya after that friggin' whine.

Look at Massa after last season's devastating loss in Brazil, class act, didn't cry and whine even though he came so close and at one point even thought he's won. He kept his cool, acted like a man and sincerely congratulated Hamilton.

I have no doubt Alonso or Montoya would've been completely different story if they had been in Massa's shoes, that cry would probably still continue...

Old 01-27-2009, 10:21 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris L.
You have to give credit however to his teammate Scott Pruett!! That guy is nothing but professional. I obviously don't know him and maybe he is not the stand up guy he seems to be on TV but. . .

He is always upbeat, sending out love to his family, smiling and thankful. He congratulated the Brumos team in his post race interview.

In my book he is exactly what the sport needs and presents himself and his team well!!!!!
Originally Posted by Rick
JPM seems to subscribe to the theory that "anyone in front of me is cheating".

I found it very positive that JPM's teammates were both very gracious in their comments. Apparently they have much more character than Juan the crybaby.
Originally Posted by smlporsche
My wife and I were watching the race and she was saying "I hope that SOB (JPM) doesn't win, he's such a whiner..." and sure enough he proved her point!
Congrats to the Brumos team and David. It's been a long time comming and couldn't have happened to a better group.
Originally Posted by deep_uv
I disagree. He flat out whined that it wasn't FAIR. No two ways about it. It was not "just" an observation.
Are we talking about the same race?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...EX03012609.htm

Compare these comments:

DAYTONA BEACH -- Scott Pruett, Juan Pablo Montoya and Chip Ganassi were looking to grab a piece of Rolex 24 At Daytona history Sunday afternoon.

Pruett and Montoya were seeking to win their third straight Rolex 24, while Ganassi, the team's owner, was seeking an unprecedented fourth consecutive 24 title at Daytona International Speedway.

The No. 01 Lexus Riley led its share of laps, and it even led with a half-hour left in the race.

However, Montoya considered himself fortunate to be contending for the win in the closing moments before settling for runner-up honors.

"I tried, but with the amount of power they had going down the straight, I'm actually surprised we finished second," Montoya said. "I was actually surprised that we fought for the win to be honest."

Montoya and co-drivers Memo Rojas and Pruett combined to lead 80 of the race's 735 laps, but Montoya equated the closing moments of the race to "coming to a gunfight with a knife."

The Ganassi drivers claimed to be at a disadvantage because they could outmaneuver the Porsches in the infield but were no match power-wise exiting the turns and in the straightaways.

"Honestly, it's just sour grapes on their part. Porsche just built a good motor and like David (Donohue) said we've done our homework," said Darren Law, driver of winning No. 58 Porsche. "They crossed the line 50 feet behind us.

"It was a fight the whole way through. It wasn't like we just motored around on the outside."

Ganassi's two Lexuses combined to lead 162 laps, while the winning No. 58 Brumos Porsche led a race-best 254 laps and combined with its teammate, the No. 59 Porsche, to lead 305 laps.

Now, Law and Donohue are left to battle it out for the Daytona Prototype championship the rest of the season with Pruett and Rojas.

"When guys just drive by you it never seems right. Hopefully it will get evened out. It's just ridiculous and it's frustrating," Pruett said. "Grand Am says that everybody has the same power and somehow that slipped through the cracks.

"They try to make things equal, but it's far from it right now. I'd like to see (a change), otherwise it's going to be a long, damn season."

It was sort of a reversal of fortunes for the two programs from a year ago.

While Ganassi's guys won the season-opener and three of the season's first four races, Brumos struggled with only two top-10 runs in the first four races.

Brumos finished the season with four top-five finishes in the final five races.

Ganassi cruised to the points title on the strength of winning six of the season's first nine events.

"We had the car to win," Rojas said. "We didn't have the power to win."
Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
michael lang
Advanced

If you watched any length of the race, when Pruett had finished his last stint and Montoya had just gone out on the track, Pruett was being interviewed by Speed. In that interview he stated when asked about their chances of winning with Montoya as the closing driver and how well the #58 & #59 cars were running "I hate to say it but I think the only way we may beat those guys is for them to have something break." He may very well have already known that he wasn't going to be winning that race.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Are we talking about the same race?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...EX03012609.htm

Compare these comments:
Hacker , don't break up their hate circle, Porsche won and they still had to find sumting to be pissed off about....... .
Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porsche. Same horsepower as Toyota.
Just Faster.

There IS no substitute.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+1

Massa was beaten by an inferior car...remember Ferrari won the manufacturers' title. In this case the Ganassi guys outdrove the 58 guys and still lost thanks to the 58 being a better car, as a driver that is very hard to accept.

All you guys are funny, if the guy doesn't say anything he has no *****. If he says something not in line with your thinking he has no *****. I can almost assure you that Tony Stewart or AJ Foyt would've been just as pissed and said something to the same effect...

Senna, arguably one of the greatest drivers of all times, if not the best would constantly "lobby" using the media...Schumi hardly ever complained; he always had the best car and one of the few times he did complain it cost him his job.

Call them what you want, they (Alonso, Stewart, Montoya and others like them) are the only ones with the ***** to say what they want.

Last edited by MJSpeed; 01-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911

Then he opened his mouth and ruined it...
+1000

The Porsches were clearly faster cars. I was impressed JPM was able to hold them off as long as he did... never making the slightest mistake... until the post-race interview. I think he'll regret saying those things...
Old 01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

JPM and Co. didnt keep their V8 in the powerband, and were counting on their engine "Torque" to give them a hand!

Its so ironic, I had a conversation with DD over email last season. He had asked his engineers questions regarding keeping the little low torque, high reving engine in its powerband for max acceleration, as well as verifying some of my claims of max acceleration found at max hp at any speed, regardless of engine torque.
It was a light spirited exchange.
Funny, He ends up winning with a car that was not only faster out of the slow section, but one that beat everyone down the straight too! However, i thnk those high reving V8s are twisting up to the same RPM and so probably have simlar engine torque to the 4L Flat 6.

I think its a shame that a team that loses a race over 24 hours, by a matter of seconds, could complain about the power of their competitor, especially one that they were leading over for much of the race!

mk
Old 01-27-2009, 06:37 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
...I think its a shame that a team that loses a race over 24 hours, by a matter of seconds, could complain about the power of their competitor, especially one that they were leading over for much of the race!

mk
Not so...

"Ganassi's two Lexuses combined to lead 162 laps, while the winning No. 58 Brumos Porsche led a race-best 254 laps and combined with its teammate, the No. 59 Porsche, to lead 305 laps."
Old 01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
he was chased out of F1 because he could not cut it. Shumi owned him.
Silly me, here I thought Schumacher was in the red car.

What was I thinking?

Yup, sure looks gutless to me.....
Old 01-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Massa was beaten by an inferior car...remember Ferrari won the manufacturers' title. In this case the Ganassi guys outdrove the 58 guys and still lost thanks to the 58 being a better car, as a driver that is very hard to accept.

All you guys are funny, if the guy doesn't say anything he has no *****. If he says something not in line with your thinking he has no *****. I can almost assure you that Tony Stewart or AJ Foyt would've been just as pissed and said something to the same effect...

Senna, arguably one of the greatest drivers of all times, if not the best would constantly "lobby" using the media...Schumi hardly ever complained; he always had the best car and one of the few times he did complain it cost him his job.

Call them what you want, they (Alonso, Stewart, Montoya and others like them) are the only ones with the ***** to say what they want.
Being pissed is one thing- the best drivers can never truly accept 2nd place I'm sure. Nothing wrong with that, I guess more often than not its part and parcel with their superior driving skills and large ego ( both of which JPM clearly has) but its the "unfair" comment that stinks. That more than infers that the winners cheated in some way. Having a faster car within the rules (I assume the car was scrutinized before and after the race) is not unfair; its a beautiful thing. Viva la flat-six!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I think its a shame that a team that loses a race over 24 hours, by a matter of seconds, could complain about the power of their competitor, especially one that they were leading over for much of the race!

mk
Yeah, right, this was the closest race ever, right?

And they had won like 3 or 4 years in a row?

So they think they should win every 24h race by a few laps???

During the pre-race, they got all the coverage, nary a mention until the end about Porsche/Brumos actually winning the pole.

It was all about Chip Ganassi, blah, blah, burp.
(Are they trying to get fans from Nascrap to tune in? All part of a Fox/Nascar marketing conspiracy?)

Can't wait to hear them whine when Penske Porsche comes online again at VIR.

Just have to wait 3 long months til April.....ugh!

Quick Reply: juan pablo montoya = biggest cry baby