Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

juan pablo montoya = biggest cry baby

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My wife and I were watching the race and she was saying "I hope that SOB (JPM) doesn't win, he's such a whiner..." and sure enough he proved her point!

Congrats to the Brumos team and David. It's been a long time comming and couldn't have happened to a better group.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
As for Montoya ,
It was not a complaint , It was his answer and observation , that with no wing he still couldn't hang on the straights.....
I disagree. He flat out whined that it wasn't FAIR. No two ways about it. It was not "just" an observation.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
True.

Montoya is ultra-competitive. He will not allow that he was beat, that his skills were bested - and that is what makes him great and fuels him.

I am OK w/ that. In fact, I will take a 'bad loser' like that on my team/business every time.

Good day for the Porsche's!!
A delusional prima donna is always an asset.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True.

Montoya is ultra-competitive. He will not allow that he was beat, that his skills were bested - and that is what makes him great and fuels him.

I am OK w/ that. In fact, I will take a 'bad loser' like that on my team/business every time.

Good day for the Porsche's!!

Yep

I guess the Pruit supporter have never heard him whine huh !

Winners have a hard time accepting it , they don't !
losers are used to it , they tend to be more gracious , it comes with practice

It was a great race thanks in part to JPM, if not the Brumos cars would have ran off with it and guess what ? No race ....

Give me the whiner ......................who's a winner ..........................
Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I think Grand Am has handicapped Porsche ever since they dominated with the 962. This is the first time in a loooong time that our marque has gotten a fair shake in the rules. We got beaten up by tube framed Pontiacs and V8 Fords for too long. And poor Juan...well what can you say.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
A delusional prima donna is always an asset.
I guess it really depends upon one's perspective doesn't it. Give me competitive - you take whatever you need
Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Anyone know what is different about this years Brumos cars? DFI engine perhaps?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a race. True, JPM held on well, but I knew he would open his mouth and cry about something if he didn't win. Couldn't stand him in F1, certainly can't stand him now. I can't imagine seeing this as his "observation". He just had to try to get in the last word. Competitive yes, respectful, not so much.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:39 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Sorry, I'm a fan of JPM, he calls it as he see's it. I'm surprised he's not gone ballistic on his Cup team.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yep

Winners have a hard time accepting it , they don't !
losers are used to it , they tend to be more gracious , it comes with practice

Give me the whiner ......................who's a winner ..........................
Oh, brother.

Please research how often great winners like Redman and Gurney and Andretti (Mario) and Fangio and others whined, and get back to us.

It's one thing to have a hard time accepting it--I agree with you there.

It's another thing entirely to have so little self control to feel compelled to blabber about it to anyone who will listen.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:47 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I guess it really depends upon one's perspective doesn't it. Give me competitive - you take whatever you need
Or one's perception.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:51 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

^OK, I don't think he needs me to defend him but Montoya did a great job in holding off the faster P cars by excellent technical driving and by using his machine's strengths. Donahue was only able to overtake him when he got caught up in traffic (to Donahue's credit and great driving). One may not like his demeanor (i overlook it but get the point made here); but, objectively, he knows what he is doing and deserves respect for how well he races. I don't read his statements as some do here. I will say that there are people that are so confident in their abilities that they do not recognize defeat (even if they were defeated). Call it a character flaw it you'd like but many such people are extremely successful (and I think in part for that mind set). I would be happy w/ those types on my side. BTW, not that it matters, but I recall that after Schumacher and Senna, the next most referenced driver in Ross Bentley's series is Montoya.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 PM
MTosi
User

I love the way the Ganassi guys had the nerve to whine about power..... What about the WHOLE of last year, Pruett is good (Rojas is not), but not that good. The break GA (new cams, amongst other things) gave them for the final race of 07' has left them with more power than the entire field for that race and the last year....
Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

^OK, I don't think he needs me to defend him but Montoya did a great job in holding off the faster P cars by excellent technical driving and by using his machine's strengths. Donahue was only able to overtake him when he got caught up in traffic (to Donahue's credit and great driving). One may not like his demeanor (i overlook it but get the point made here); but, objectively, he knows what he is doing and deserves respect for how well he races. I don't read his statements as some do here.
He did all of that. However, he should have just STFU and said "We got beaten fair and square. On this day on this track, Brumos had the better car and the better drivers" and left it at that.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Here is my observation:
Most drivers these days appear to be reading from a script. They say all the right things and thank all the right people. Problem is they all sound the same. Little character. I personally know one of the top young DP drivers (I won't name him out of respect) and watched him move up the ranks from Karting. Copious sums of money went to PR coaches to ensure his camera presence was just so. Boring. References were made to some of the old drivers such as Andretti and Gurney. They probably were true gentlemen. This is who they were. Senna was always complaining. Talk to those who know Pruett, Angelleli and others off camera, talk about complaining. JPM is a fierce competitor and wants to win, and he throws his "observations" out for the world to see. I'd rather hear that than a mono tone rehearsed sound bite.
Thats just what I would like to see.

Quick Reply: juan pablo montoya = biggest cry baby