Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
I didn't know it was optional?
Good Point!!

This is a big weekend with ALMS and F1!

It's been a looong winter and my 996 is still wearing snow tires....
Old 03-13-2008, 03:46 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Good Point!!

It's a great race weekend for road race fans. Swap those tires!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Point!!

Why are you using your 996 in the snow

Where is your vote .......
Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Why are you using your 996 in the snow

Where is your vote .......
Because it's a blast to drive it in the snow.

I will await your answer on the "vote" in the other thread. Why do you get to change the rules after the fact? The poll does not end until the 15th at 1:29am.

Last edited by Ray S; 03-13-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
I didn't know it was optional?
Exactly, it isn't optional!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Blundell, Mclaren dynamics have changed

f1-live.com

Former McLaren driver Mark Blundell has questioned whether Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen can effectively lead the British team from the cockpit this year.

Following the departure of Fernando Alonso, the Mercedes-powered team's new line-up has just 34 Grand Prix between them.

Blundell rates his British compatriot Hamilton highly, but thinks his new role as efive team-leader is a big weight to carry with only one season behind him.

"The dynamic has changed for Hamilton and we don't know yet how that will affect him," Blundell wrote in a column for the Daily Telegraph.

He said double world champion Alonso was a famously controversial figure in the Woking-based team last year, but still contributed greatly to McLaren's top form.

"He brought a lot of direction to the team in terms of technical expertise and how to set up across a race weekend," Blundell added.

Hamilton, meanwhile, last year as a rookie "just turned up and drove," Blundell said.

"Now a sporting megastar, (he) has to develop in this new role while at the same time win a championship," he added.

Kovalainen, meanwhile, has talent but is still largely an unknown quantity, Blundell insists.

"If things don't go quite right for McLaren, the driver pairing does not yet have the depth to get them out of difficulties," he added.

"They simply do not have the experience to match the Ferrari boys. That is an area for concern."
Old 03-18-2008, 07:19 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Alonso's whining is almost ready to begin. In an interview today on Spanish media, he said his patience won't last if things don't improve at Renault.

For someone making $46,000,000.00 a year, he should and drive. Perhaps some of that money could be better used in the development of the car and not an ingrate. I said it would be race #4 before he totally implodes and takes Renault with him. Maybe he can take that $ and buy Toro Rosso, they're for sale. www.f1racing.net
Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You know, not too long ago, a post like that would draw the immediate response from Sir A(lonso) Wayne, Fernando's #1 fan here in the Racing/DE forum of Rennlist.

However, that was then, this is now.

Since 'the old days', Sir A. Wayne has thrown Fernando under the bus and now has a NEW Binky, Lewis Hamilton.

How I miss "the old days".
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
Alonso's whining is almost ready to begin. In an interview today on Spanish media, he said his patience won't last if things don't improve at Renault.

For someone making $46,000,000.00 a year, he should and drive. Perhaps some of that money could be better used in the development of the car and not an ingrate. I said it would be race #4 before he totally implodes and takes Renault with him. Maybe he can take that $ and buy Toro Rosso, they're for sale. www.f1racing.net
Are you saying He should be happy
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are you saying He should be happy
To be quite honest and I'm being 100% serious, the $46,000,000.00 for this year alone would make me happy. If he would have stayed at McLaren, he would have been a #2 or not driven at all. Not only did Renault rehire him, but they made him the highest paid driver ever in F1 history (salary), they hand picked a weak #2 to not challenge him and naturally the team will do EVERYTHING necessary to make him succeed. Don't you think they want to get back to their old ways and are doing the best they can?

Instead Alonso goes public again saying that his patience will not last long and holds the contract escape clause over the teams head.

This is exactly why he is despised and not respected by many, not you, but many.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
You know, not too long ago, a post like that would draw the immediate response from Sir A(lonso) Wayne, Fernando's #1 fan here in the Racing/DE forum of Rennlist.

However, that was then, this is now.

Since 'the old days', Sir A. Wayne has thrown Fernando under the bus and now has a NEW Binky, Lewis Hamilton.

How I miss "the old days".
Wayne's already started his internet effort to rid Massa of his seat. Last year he picked Massa over Kimi and said that Massa was faster than Kimi. After 1 race, he says Massa needs to go. Now I agree Massa is not good enough to be a #2 at Ferrari, but Wayne wants to open the seat for a certain person...
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

This is exactly why he is despised and not respected by many, not you, but many.

Pete who are these many, who? LOL the 3 amigos? the other 15 schumacher's nuthugging fans, who are still upset over being cruched , Twice

Haaaa, ha, your disillusional , Alonso is rated my friend his 46 million ( ITC karting budget ) shows that ........... ohhh, Heiki Aus debut was'nt much better than Piquet , go watch last year's race if your memory failed you ....
Old 03-18-2008, 10:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne's already started his internet effort to rid Massa of his seat. Last year he picked Massa over Kimi and said that Massa was faster than Kimi. After 1 race, he says Massa needs to go. Now I agree Massa is not good enough to be a #2 at Ferrari, but Wayne wants to open the seat for a certain person...
Ok , so the guy got excited , he just finished pegging MS twice , so he celebrates , So what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm jusr happy the 3 amigos and the Finn picked Kimi , now i can at least get back more bottles than i lost last year , start preparing nutters .......
Old 03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

I'm jusr happy the 3 amigos and the Finn picked Kimi , now i can at least get back more bottles than i lost last year , start preparing nutters .......
You have to make an actual bet to win.........

or more likely lose again...
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

You have to make an actual bet to win.........

or more likely lose again...

Ohh, you must have missed the memo , remember poll , all bets in before race , we have a standing bud , now sit down and buckle up you are in for a ride

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3