Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of this bickering is interesting but remember that what is opinioned on pit lane, or even by "top" F1 writers is strictly that, opinion. It wasn't too long ago that Fisichella was rumored to be the best driver, even by his peers. Look what happened when he finally got a top drive, nothing. Stay with the facts.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This has to be the longest thread on Rennlist.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

...bought a Kimi hat (all white Fin Flag all trimed in blue) in the Ferrari section at the Puma store in the mall last night...I though of you A. Wayne!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
This has to be the longest thread on Rennlist.
Nope, not even close.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
You said Piguet Jr is better than Heikki. (see below)

I said he isn't and when they reaced together in same series, both Kovalainen and Rosberg beat him. No?

Who said anything about picking Kimi to win WDC? It was Kimi beating Massa, Kovalainen staying, Alonso going back to Renault (again, see below since you seem to be more "off" than normally...).

I'd suggest you actually read when people write and then reply to those, and also lay off that pipe, it's not good for you.

Besides, don't give any of that "barely won" bull****, your boy Alonso barely won too and always was clear #1 in his team (contrary to Kimi who was equal with Massa and only got support after Massa lost his chances), yet you always clain how great double champion he is.
Same thing with Massa being faster, records show it... Please man, lay that pipe down already!

BTW, Kovalainen already has a contract for next year.
Too much Caffine there buddy , whats with the anger
Finn, I said that after posting the comparsion , after which i stated they are entering F1 with pretty equal experiences and results, i believe piquet Jr to be better, you believe Heiki to be better , i don't believe it is a step down for renault to try piquet Jr.nor any easier for Alonso.
We also started the year with you picking Kimi to win the WDC, to keep our wager going it was later changed to Massa because they where so far behind, no! ....

My point is that Heiki is a Renault factory driver he has been for over 4 years , he was let go by renault , i said he was going to be let go by Renault 7 months ago , He has . You are taking this off course , the discussion is about Heiki leaving Renault and being replaced by Piquet because he ( heiki )
is faster and more of threat , He is not , they both came into F1 with Similar records with heiki having it easier with Fisi as his teammate .

FInn again Kimi became WDC , next year he will have to prove himself and take control , he has to win on merit Alonso was never gifted a WDC the way Kimi has and i'm not saying this to take anything from Kimi , but after winning 2 , you still will not give Alonso any credit , i wonder what you would have said if he was gifted one the way Kimi was ....Hmmm,
My point you cannot expect acceptance of Kimi's unless you yourself are willing to accept those of Alonso as a 2 wdc.... Next year if Kimi wins another WDC , he will be a 2 WDC , guess who is the other .....a little hint , he did it in a **** box renault , not while driving the best car on the track ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-12-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 834 Posts

Renault is ****ed, with or without The Whiner.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
...bought a Kimi hat (all white Fin Flag all trimed in blue) in the Ferrari section at the Puma store in the mall last night...I though of you A. Wayne!
I already have one , i have many WDC hats all except schumachers .......

Originally Posted by ltc
Nope, not even close.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Again ,
Comparison between Piquet Jr and Heiki , a lot of talk has been made about these 2 drivers , with piquet winning out as teammate , because he is supposedly less of a "threat ", Leading up to F1 both drivers had similar results both finished 2nd to Rosberg ( Heiki ) and Hamilton ( piquet) in GP2.

Piquet JR

In 2003, Piquet moved to the UK where he joined the British Formula 3 Championship and formed the Piquet Sports team. He went on to win 3rd place with six wins, five podiums and eight pole positions.

In 2004, Piquet won the British Championship. He became the youngest driver to have ever won the championship at 19 years and 2 months. He also went to test for BMW Williams now Williams F1.

In 2005, Piquet took part in the A1 Grand Prix for A1 Team Brazil. In the first event in the series, he took first place in both Sprint and Main race events, as well as scoring a point for the fastest lap. He also became a driver for HiTech/Piquet Sports in the GP2 Series. He also was also testing for BAR-Honda.

In 2006, Piquet gained second place in the championship to British driver Lewis Hamilton in his second year of GP2.

During the 2007 season he was a test driver for the Renault Formula One team.[2]

He has been promoted to the race team for the 2008 season, which will see him driving alongside Fernando Alonso who returns to the Renault Formula One team.

Kovalainen

Heiki began his car racing career in the British Formula Renault championship, which fellow Finn Kimi Räikkönen had won the previous year before moving straight into Formula 1 with Sauber. Kovalainen's apprenticeship in the junior categories of motor sport was more conventional, but was remarkable in that he used Renault power at every step along the way.[1]
He finished fourth in the championship with two wins, two pole positions and three fastest laps, and earned the Rookie of the Year award.
Formula 3
Kovalainen attracted the support of the Renault Driver Development programme and in 2002 moved up to the British F3 series with Fortec, who used Renault engines. He became one of the most competitive drivers on the grid by the second half of the season and all five of his wins came in the final nine races. With three pole positions, three fastest laps and third overall in the championship behind Robbie Kerr and James Courtney[1] he was again Rookie of the Year.
He also demonstrated strong form in the international F3 rounds, with second place at the Macau Grand Prix and fourth place at the Zandvoort Marlboro Masters.
World Series by Nissan
Kovalainen moved into the Renault-owned World Series by Nissan in 2003 - but faced a tough team mate at the Gabord team in Franck Montagny. Montagny had already spent two seasons in the World Series by Nissan and won the title in 2001.[1] Montagny won the title with nine wins to Kovalainen's one.
The Finn stayed in World Series by Nissan for 2004 but moved to the Pons team and won the championship ahead of Tiago Monteiro, with 192 points and six wins.[1]
In 2005, Kovalainen entered the GP2 Series, the new 'feeder' series for F1 and the successor to Formula 3000. Kovalainen won the first ever round of the new championship and led the championship with the Arden International team.[1] But in the final four rounds a resurgent Nico Rosberg took over the lead of the championship and Kovalainen finished second, 15 points adrift.

Based on their pre f1 history , Piquet Jr and Heiki are pretty even with JR winning a championship in the much more prestigious and difficult British F3 , over heiki Nissan championship . There is no justification to believe that Piquet will be any easier a teammate than Heiki and non to believe that Alonso had anything to do with this , let the games begin.....
Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

So...who do you think will benefit from no tracton control and who will not drive as well in 2008?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...We also started the year with you picking Kimi to win the WDC, to keep our wager going it was later changed to Massa because they where so far behind, no!...
Yes Wayne, no!

Below are couple of quotes after Australia's GP, first day (before the quali, on Friday) when the bet was made:

Kovalainen is more talented and betterthan Kimi , Massa will top Kimi ..this season for Kimi will be more of the same and i don't buy this Massa ferrari guy BS, Kimi was a Mcclaren bwoy too , given this , given that etc and did not deliver , we will see now , if he is anygood he should beat massa and win races ....
Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Wayne, I've been waiting for you!

Well, Kimi beat DC, then Montoya (pretty handy driver IMO), no?

Of course Massa has an advantage over Kimi as far as Ferrari goes, I don't think that needs much explanation. If you don't agree, then I can say no more.

but regardless of that, bottle of Finlandia vodka says Kimi will top Massa in a season standings, price will be given to the winner at next years 48 of Sebring?
Aha Finn,

kimi beat Montoya , where like brazil 05, or what about spa 05 when he had to give Kimi the position , monza 05 when faced with the same delaminating tire , he was still able to close the deal ... there was more to play at mclaren than clear cut who was faster , still say Montoya was the better racer....and i have never compared DC to Kimi , never been that drunk

Well Kimi will run out of smoke and mirrors this year , by the end of 07
names like Hamilton , Kakiekpugghha whatever need to be finnish to pronounce and massa will be the talk .. and when Massa tops kimi , you will have to drink Smirnoff instead , on the rocks !

Of course some practice is allowed during the year , we don't have to wait until year's end
The rest re: Kovalainen, Piguet, Alonso & Kimi are more the same and as good analysis as your memory so there's no point to comment.

Can you please put the pipe down?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he <Kimi> has to win on merit Alonso was never gifted a WDC the way Kimi has and i'm not saying this to take anything from Kimi , but after winning 2 , you still will not give Alonso any credit , i wonder what you would have said if he was gifted one the way Kimi was ....Hmmm,
I guess that it depends on the way you look at it. Kimi was "gifted" the 2007 WDC due to Hamilton's screwups and Alonso's lack of speed just as much as Alonso was gifted the 2006 WDC due to Ferrari's lack of reliability.

Of course, you could look at it as they were both in a position to win due to their talent, hard work and refusal to give up.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:00 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Larry agree,
i was trying to make the same point to the finn, that you cannot undermine Alonso WDC , when Kimi 's was also gifted. Kimi will have to win in 09 on his own merit, as it is i"m still going into 09 with the same opinion of the top 4 drivers , with Alonso still being the most complete driver of the top 4 , Maybe next year , after finally winning a WDC , Kimi will be able to change that.

FInn
Old 12-13-2007, 02:36 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still wonder if we finns are such a poor drivers why we have 2 ½ F1 drivers.... You americans should be more international and skip Nascar, which does not interest nobody outside the USA.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

FInn again Kimi became WDC , next year he will have to prove himself and take control , he has to win on merit Alonso was never gifted a WDC the way Kimi has

Alonso got total "gifts" with his 2 WDC. He (Alo) won them in absolutely dominant cars.

Kimi's '07 car was far from dominant.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
I still wonder if we finns are such a poor drivers why we have 2 ½ F1 drivers.... You americans should be more international and skip Nascar, which does not interest nobody outside the USA.

LOL, Ollie , you finns do alright in producing top drivers be it F1 or international rally ...........Nascar is here to stay ....

Originally Posted by Ray S

Alonso got total "gifts" with his 2 WDC. He (Alo) won them in absolutely dominant cars.

Kimi's '07 car was far from dominant.
I guess you picked up my pipe
the Renault the best car on the track

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors