Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:42 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Can you have a conversation without being derogatory or disrespectful. Why make personal attacks??
Raj
I don't belong to the "can't we all get along brigade"..............I prefer Bismark's cannon Fiat 600 throwers over hugs and kisses.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,263 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
I don't belong to the "can't we all get along brigade"..............I prefer Bismark's cannon Fiat 600 throwers over hugs and kisses.
Maybe it should be A.Wayne vs. Pole Position.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:50 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Can you even get tickets to the Montreal GP?

I say we get A. Wayne drunk after Ferrari wins the race, dress him up with Ferrari clothing, pose him next to an MS cutout, take some pictures and post it in the forum.
We'll give Wayne a bottle of Finland's finest, maybe two. After that my idea with the MS cutout is a little bit much for this forum, but we'll take plenty of photos for those on RL.

Larry willing to supervise the whole thing?
Old 12-06-2007, 02:04 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see it as total opposite. Here we had, the mighty McLaren firing Alonso only to go back asking him to come back because the Engineers miss his input. Funny, this is winter testing and they are already missing him. I doubt Chokemaster will be anything close to what he was this yr becasue the car and set just won't be good enough.
You might have to eat your words next yr. Alonso is the best current driver on the grid, period!
Can't wait for Dennis to step down from McLarceny.
Raj
Yeah and who else was there, Massa? none of the notables were there, no Kimi, no Alonso for obvious reasons. Doesn't impress me, especially when DC is .050 secs behind.
Raj
I am an alonso fan and have enjoyed watching him take Micheal's stronghold on championships away from him in the past. I just love how people draw conclusion on Alonso based on everything the british media writes.
What's funny to me is how little is written about Louise choking. If it was Alonso on the other hand, the brit media would have been all over him. Since, its one of their, they gave a pass.
Whatever.
Raj
I am upset at the fact that Hamilton was given preferential treatment over a 2xWDC and he is the one who actually instigated a lot of this mess. People seem to lay most of the blame on Alonso.
It all started with Monaco where Louise b1tched to the repoters and it was all down hill from there.
He did not let Alonso pass in Hungary as planned. He is real ahole. Only time will tell how good he really is since he might b on his own now.
Raj
Raj,
No to worries my friend , the little people rarely have vision , you are right on all accounts , these guys are in the minority with their thinking , they bong loudly , you know what they say about empty barrels.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:22 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
So exactly where are you coming from Raj? Is it that you hate Hamilton that much, or are you allied with A.Wayne behind Alonso.
it's true larry , Hamilton choked big time on that bone and was given a pass, his failure was bigger than pole position failure to get his GED.

Yeah and who else was there, Massa? none of the notables were there, no Kimi, no Alonso for obvious reasons. Doesn't impress me, especially when DC is .050 secs behind.
Raj
agree , testing times are difficult to read into , as different teams are concentrating on varying setups ......

Originally Posted by pole position
LOL @you.

For the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 time the best driver in F1 does not get rattled, beat, kicked out by a freaking green soft rookie teammate who still needs daddy to change his diapers. His "private" dad session at the beginning of the Brazilian GP proves further how unstable this kid is currently. The proof is in the pudding, he screwed himself within a couple of hundred yards at the start...................must have been a relief actually for him once the pressure was gone and the WDC went by by .

Maybe permanent PMS Alonso should not have hid behind the Spanish press with all his crying and instead of blaming Mac/ LH etc concentrate on his own driving, but he could not keep his mouth shut because he , like his teammate, cannot take ANY heat when things don't go his way.

But there is still hope, your Alonso tatoo is only at breast level and can be removed when your hero is putzing around with the tailenders once he drives for Honda, DJ Waynsky's is at a much more intimate spot where removal is impossible unless you amputate a entire bodypart.
Amm, Hmmm, Did'nt alonso peg schumacher twice, Hmm the great schumacher beaten by Alonso , LOL you and pete must be waiting for more milky and cookies and a new bedtime story putz!

Originally Posted by M3Pete
If my memory serves me correctly, Alonso took himself out with an unforced error into the ARMCO at Japan. Kimi didn't make any on track mistakes like both McLaren driver's and Massa.
Ahhh dementia kicking in again petey , kimi made his share , but it happened more than 5 mins ago , a pity , if only you had an understanding for the sport you so love....

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Considering? Be there or be square!
Larry is good, if you guys go to canada , larry buys all listers food and beer for the weekend , hmmm, larry if pete makes it please check his Chuckey cheese ID before giving him beer
Old 12-06-2007, 02:26 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Looks like A. Wayne has a friend now.

Hey Wayne I am in Lauderdale and Miami tomorrow Thursday. Want to meet for lunch?
Thanks for the offer MDrums, but i'm at the PRI show in orlando until friday .......
Old 12-06-2007, 09:40 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

This is maybe the best thread in Rennlist history (only topped by possibly the GR threads).

I would love to meet in Canada. Count me in.

As for Alonso, I don't understand what he is trying for. I can't see where Ferrari is fitting him in in '09. There's no way Alonso has a contract for the #1 seat in F in'09. I'm sure if there is anything about the Ferrari story, it is all handshakes and promises. He should just sign with Honda (currently his best choice). Get going. He is wasting precious testing time. If he does return to Mac, it will be on his terms and RD wouldn't allow that. But if he did return, it would be great theater: The rematch of Alonso vs. Hamilton. I could see how Bernie would spin that one!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
I would love to meet in Canada. Count me in.
+1 I'm in for a meet at the Montreal GP.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

If all's well I'm up for a meet in Canada...what an awesome experience that was last year!!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
This is why we need an adult........Larry !!!!
I'm here, but I'm not sure why. Further investigation is required.

BTW Auberge de View Port. Thursday night, I'll buy the first round...maybe the second too.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:39 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm in, but only if mamma's boy is driving for Honda, Toyota, Minardi, Jordan or whoever else will pick him up.

I can't wait to see and hear his comments when he's lapped for the 2nd time by a Ferrari. Ahhhhhhh, good times, good times.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

This just in off the high speed sportswire:

"Two time Formula One Driving Champion, Fernando Alonso has been in negotiations with a large international corporation regarding a future position within their organization. After talks broke down with UPS and FedEx, Alonso turned his attention to ongoing talks with Mr. McDonald... Ronald McDonald.

However, the talks are not regarding McDonald's sponsorship of the Newman/Haas Champ Car recently vacated by Sebatian Bourdain, but rather a position elsewhere in their vast worldwide operations.

According to Fernando Alonso's spokesman and founder of the North American Man Boy Love Association for Fernando Alonso, A. Wayne, the negotiations broke down when Mr. McDonald was not willing to extend a contract for only one year. Said Mr. McDonald, "We believe Fernando to be a great talent that could someday reach the status of shift leader, but a one year contract can only guarantee he moves up to fries. We need a longer committment."

The fiery redhead, Mr. McDonald also insisted that should his organization and Fernando Alonso reach an agreement, McDonald's would not be willing to provide a written employee manual or the recipe to the secret sauce placed on Big Macs. "Our company has been around for nearly a century and given the recent past of Fernando, we feel providing a written manual or recipe to the secret sauce would constitute an error in judgement on our part and perhaps a break down of the fiduciary duties of my position. We just can't risk it."

Alonso's spokesman was defiant after the conclusion of the winter meeting in Orlando stating that there were several other organizations that would die to have a great talent such as Fernando. Said A. Wayne, "We're seriously considering speaking directly to the King at BK. International House of Pancakes has also expressed considerable interest in Fernando's services. Regardless, Fernando will work again!"
Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like a Renault signing is imminent in the next few days. Sources say, a two yr deal with an exit clause after the 1st yr.
He will be a Ferrari driver for sure at some point.
Raj
Old 12-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

He will be a Ferrari driver for sure at some point.
Raj
For sure?? That's a laugh

The possibility certainly exists, but not much in F1 is "for sure".

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors