multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
From Planet F1

'Kovalainen dropped because he was too fast'
Wednesday 12th December 2007

Heikki Kovalainen was reportedly jettisoned by Renault in favour of Nelson Piquet junior because Fernando Alonso was wary of the Finn's pace.

While confirmation of Alonso's return to Renault this week was not a surprise, the ousting of Kovalainen was unexpected. The youngster excelled during the second half of his debut season, comfortably eclipsing the lacklustre Giancarlo Fisichella.

Pointedly, team boss Flavio Briatore was unable to provide a satisfactory explanation for Kovalainen's dismissal in his farewell to both drivers, instead praising the Finn as "a fast, intelligent and engaging driver, who is definitely capable of winning races in the future."

That capability may have proved his undoing, however, with Autosport disclosing:

'It is understood that his speed ultimately cost him the chance of staying on board at Renault, because the returning Fernando Alonso did not want a team-mate to pose the kind of challenge that he faced with Lewis Hamilton at McLaren this year.'

Hamilton, by contrast, is reported to be pressing McLaren to appoint Kovalainen as his team-mate next season rather than the undistinguished Pedro de la Rosa. Rather than be cautious of being paired with a fast team-mate, Hamilton evidently believes that such a challenge will bring out the best of his own talents - as Alonso found out to his cost last season.

Toyota are also believed to have made a bid for Kovalainen's services. Remarking to Finnish television that his ousting at Renault was "something we could expect", the driver confirmed: "Luckily there are two other options with interesting offers."
Come'on. Your kidding. Alonso scared of another driver outshining him? Couldn't be? Heikki is only in his 2nd year, a rookie that beat Fisi, a 10 year veteran. Fernando is a 2 time WC, what does he have to worry about, his reputation?

ltc, there's enough material here to last us through the winter. No need to conserve!!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
I don't know about Mika's background, but it is remarkable that Kimi came from such a modest background, was in only 23 car races before being tapped by Peter Sauber to test in F1. A true natural driving talent!
Hakkinen comes from very modest background as well.

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Come'on. Your kidding. Alonso scared of another driver outshining him? Couldn't be? Heikki is only in his 2nd year, a rookie that beat Fisi, a 10 year veteran. Fernando is a 2 time WC, what does he have to worry about, his reputation?

ltc, there's enough material here to last us through the winter. No need to conserve!!
No way could Alonso be scared of other driver!
He didn't want Piquet either, Fisichella would be #2 Renault driver if Alonso had his way, he wanted it but had to accept Piquet.

And as I said yesterday, Kovalainen already had signed a contract and as we've seen now, today McLaren was ready to announce it.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Planet F1

'Kovalainen dropped because he was too fast'
Wednesday 12th December 2007

Heikki Kovalainen was reportedly jettisoned by Renault in favour of Nelson Piquet junior because Fernando Alonso was wary of the Finn's pace.

While confirmation of Alonso's return to Renault this week was not a surprise, the ousting of Kovalainen was unexpected. The youngster excelled during the second half of his debut season, comfortably eclipsing the lacklustre Giancarlo Fisichella.

Pointedly, team boss Flavio Briatore was unable to provide a satisfactory explanation for Kovalainen's dismissal in his farewell to both drivers, instead praising the Finn as "a fast, intelligent and engaging driver, who is definitely capable of winning races in the future."

That capability may have proved his undoing, however, with Autosport disclosing:

'It is understood that his speed ultimately cost him the chance of staying on board at Renault, because the returning Fernando Alonso did not want a team-mate to pose the kind of challenge that he faced with Lewis Hamilton at McLaren this year.'

Hamilton, by contrast, is reported to be pressing McLaren to appoint Kovalainen as his team-mate next season rather than the undistinguished Pedro de la Rosa. Rather than be cautious of being paired with a fast team-mate, Hamilton evidently believes that such a challenge will bring out the best of his own talents - as Alonso found out to his cost last season.

Toyota are also believed to have made a bid for Kovalainen's services. Remarking to Finnish television that his ousting at Renault was "something we could expect", the driver confirmed: "Luckily there are two other options with interesting offers."

Just a little reminder , we stopped using info from Planer f1 for months now, too much tabloid with a lot of dis-information , the ones we find to be like this , do get dropped ...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Hakkinen comes from very modest background as well.

No way could Alonso be scared of other driver!
He didn't want Piquet either, Fisichella would be #2 Renault driver if Alonso had his way, he wanted it but had to accept Piquet.

And as I said yesterday, Kovalainen already had signed a contract and as we've seen now, today McLaren was ready to announce it.

Seems recently all the top driver suffer from this ,

1. MS scared of Barrichello,Irvine, brundle,Vernstappen, Massa.( all had contracts not to pass) ...
2. Kimi scared of Massa
3. Lewis scared of new cleaning boy Heiki
4. Fernanado scared of M3 Pete ........
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Seems recently all the top driver suffer from this ,

1. MS scared of Barrichello,Irvine, brundle,Vernstappen, Massa.( all had contracts not to pass) ...
2. Kimi scared of Massa
3. Lewis scared of new cleaning boy Heiki
4. Fernanado scared of M3 Pete ........
You know Fernando has nothing for me when we're together at DE's!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Just a little reminder , we stopped using info from Planer f1 for months now, too much tabloid with a lot of dis-information , the ones we find to be like this , do get dropped ...
Damn, I missed the memo on restricting sources of information to things we agree with. I also missed the memo about the forming the "we" group. I'll have to try harder to conform to the rules. This F1 stuff is pretty tricky.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Damn, I missed the memo on restricting sources of information to things we agree with. I also missed the memo about the forming the "we" group. I'll have to try harder to conform to the rules. This F1 stuff is pretty tricky.
Planet f1 is not considered a " source" I will forward you a copy concerning the protocols and yes , you can ask RD , this F1 stuff can get pretty tricky.....
Old 12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idiot, so you discount the source because it does not support your Alonso worshipping ?

I am waiting for your spin when he is mudded down in midfield and that coveted F car 09 drive of your fantasies is bursting like the nuthugging bubble it is.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:56 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

No you reprobate , we stopped because they are A tabloid news rag and have reported disinformation **** all year, their misrepresentation of Kimi's numbers at mid season along with their makeup tabloid reports is what led to dropping them as a source, they had to go. now get that pole out of your ****.....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-15-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We? Who "we" used to use that crap?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No you reprobate , we stopped because they are A tabloid news rag and have reported disinformation **** all year, their misrepresentation of Kimi's numbers at mid season along with their makeup tabloid reports is what led to dropping them as a source, they had to go. now get that pole out of your ****.....
For those of you who are just as confused as I am when big words are used:

rep·ro·bate (rpr-bt)
n.
1. A morally unprincipled person.
2. One who is predestined to damnation.
adj.
1. Morally unprincipled; shameless.
2. Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
tr.v. rep·ro·bat·ed, rep·ro·bat·ing, rep·ro·bates
1. To disapprove of; condemn.
2. To abandon to eternal damnation. Used of God.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
We? Who "we" used to use that crap?
short memory finn,it was mostly by your recommendation 6 months ago ....
ITC , that was uncalled for , i think it may be time to close this post ....
Old 12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

This is now getting off track and abusive , with too much personal retort , we have to keep the content on topic regarding F1 or it will be best to close and move on.

Pole you are an **** ole , but i apologize for the comment , the personal attacks all year has taken it's toll , we keep this as it was intended , for us to discuss the happenings of F1, please keep the personal retorts for my PM box as before.

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-15-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ITC , that was uncalled for , i think it may be time to close this post ....
What did I do?
I was just telling the rest of the class what the word that YOU used meant.
I had no idea what it meant......

You must be VERY good at Scrabble.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

IBTL

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors